212.30.41.20.01.002 v 2254.50
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 212.30.41.20.01.002 v 2254.50

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    127

    212.30.41.20.01.002 v 2254.50

    I've worn the 212.30.41.20.01.002 every day for a couple of years but after deciding I wanted a 2nd watch ended up with the 2254.50 after seeing a 2003 model at a great price. This wasn't the 2nd watch of an alternative colour scheme I was looking for but I'm sold on the rugged classic look.

    Absolutely no reason to keep 2 very similar watches, or is there?
    fskywalker likes this.
    Tudor Prince Oysterdate Rotor
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial 212.30.41.20.01.002
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 2254.50
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Commander's Watch 212.32.41.20.04.001
    Casio Databank DBW30D-1AV

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    274

    Re: 212.30.41.20.01.002 v 2254.50

    No Yep, mo reason to keep the 212.30.41.20.01.002 when you have the much nicer 2254.

  3. #3
    Sponsor watchvaultnyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New York & San Diego
    Posts
    10,540

    Re: 212.30.41.20.01.002 v 2254.50

    2254 FTW!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: 212.30.41.20.01.002 v 2254.50

    I prefer the 2254 but why not keep the other one (cant be bothered with the 800 numbers). Completely different watches but that model is perhaps my least favourite of the SMP range. Maybe flip it and get the latest model?

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    127

    Re: 212.30.41.20.01.002 v 2254.50

    Pretty conclusive so far...

    I was thinking of selling when eBay next have zero fees. Gives me time to wear both and see if I'd miss the newer model. That should leave me a few hundred pound profit on to put towards the 210.32.42.20.06.001 I fancy which would fit my specifications for a new/ different model!
    v1triol likes this.
    Tudor Prince Oysterdate Rotor
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial 212.30.41.20.01.002
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 2254.50
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Commander's Watch 212.32.41.20.04.001
    Casio Databank DBW30D-1AV

  7. #6
    Member v1triol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,765

    Re: 212.30.41.20.01.002 v 2254.50

    Quote Originally Posted by jfire1 View Post
    Pretty conclusive so far...

    I was thinking of selling when eBay next have zero fees. Gives me time to wear both and see if I'd miss the newer model. That should leave me a few hundred pound profit on to put towards the 210.32.42.20.06.001 I fancy which would fit my specifications for a new/ different model!
    That is an excellent idea:)

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: 212.30.41.20.01.002 v 2254.50

    Quote Originally Posted by jfire1 View Post
    Pretty conclusive so far...

    I was thinking of selling when eBay next have zero fees. Gives me time to wear both and see if I'd miss the newer model. That should leave me a few hundred pound profit on to put towards the 210.32.42.20.06.001 I fancy which would fit my specifications for a new/ different model!
    Be careful with their "zero fee" days. You still pay, its the listing that's free, which it usually is anyway unless you're in a particular category. I know several people that sold high value items and were surprised to learn they were still charged. Good luck working the fees out by the way. The last time I looked, they removed their fee calculator so its a lotto until you get the email telling you they're taking the money. Good luck with your next purchase.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    127

    Re: 212.30.41.20.01.002 v 2254.50

    Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    Be careful with their "zero fee" days. You still pay, its the listing that's free, which it usually is anyway unless you're in a particular category. I know several people that sold high value items and were surprised to learn they were still charged. Good luck working the fees out by the way. The last time I looked, they removed their fee calculator so its a lotto until you get the email telling you they're taking the money. Good luck with your next purchase.
    Thanks, I did ask around because I assumed there would be a catch with the zero final value fees offers (I have the Commander for sale already under that offer), and it seems people had sold watches with no fees. Although there's still 3% fee for PayPal so I've looked at Chrono24 (6.5) etc and I'll work out how to list watches for sale on here.
    Tudor Prince Oysterdate Rotor
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial 212.30.41.20.01.002
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 2254.50
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Commander's Watch 212.32.41.20.04.001
    Casio Databank DBW30D-1AV

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: 212.30.41.20.01.002 v 2254.50

    Quote Originally Posted by jfire1 View Post
    Thanks, I did ask around because I assumed there would be a catch with the zero final value fees offers (I have the Commander for sale already under that offer), and it seems people had sold watches with no fees. Although there's still 3% fee for PayPal so I've looked at Chrono24 (6.5) etc and I'll work out how to list watches for sale on here.
    I thought you would be aware but so many people aren't. Be careful with chrono 24 and the other sites too. I looked into a few of them and as they all had similar names I can't remember which one it was but their terms and conditions were that they reserved the right to valet the watch if they deem necessary so that could hike your fees to 20%. I got emailed offers for one of my watches and tested the water on accepting the offer. It was loaded with vague promises like they guarantee to the get the highest market price but this was on the basis of them having the watch for 12 months so they could easily say that the market had dropped since you sent the watch in. It was just too risky. I looked a couple of them up on trust pilot and among the good reviews (yes there were plenty) there were also a lot of reviews like "my watch was bought new and 6 months old but got charged 500 to refinish the case and they didn't even sell the watch" Careful out there. I would list it around here and see if there are any established members that are interested.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    127

    Re: 212.30.41.20.01.002 v 2254.50

    Is that a supplementary service to just sending straight to the customer? Looking at Chrono24 it seems you deal directly with the buyer. I'll certainly be avoiding anyone who acts as a middleman to take my watch off me!
    Tudor Prince Oysterdate Rotor
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Co-Axial 212.30.41.20.01.002
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 2254.50
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300M Commander's Watch 212.32.41.20.04.001
    Casio Databank DBW30D-1AV

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 52
      Last Post: April 3rd, 2010, 20:46
    2. Omega PO vs Bond 212.30.41.20.01.002
      By h_tony11 in forum Omega
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: November 21st, 2009, 14:21
    3. Replies: 3
      Last Post: July 1st, 2009, 06:11
    4. any 212.30.41.20.01.002 owners?
      By dumbbell in forum Omega
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: January 7th, 2009, 15:31
    5. WTB: Omega Seamaster: 212.34.41.61.01.001 or 2254.5
      By Smokey in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: December 22nd, 2008, 20:54

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts