2500C Aqua Terra not Working Properly - Please Help - Page 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2500C Aqua Terra not Working Properly - Please Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 2500C Aqua Terra not Working Properly - Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by walrus1955 View Post
    Yes shake it seems to move it a few seconds.

But I wore it all week and it moved 10 mins in total. Does this still sounds like it needs servicing? Just thought it might be something easier to fix since only option here is to send to Omega for $800 full service charge.
    Hi walrus1955,

Definitely needs to be serviced by a properly Omega-trained technician who has passed the course on this problem, is thoroughly experienced & "au fait' with the matter.

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned that before.

This movement (2500C) had a stopping problem which is remedied at full service by fitting a new style intermediate escape wheel in the movement & specific epilame treatments (which Omega ran training courses on).

To very briefly paraphrase just a couple of Watchuseek forum 'super-guru' Al Archer's comments :

Black sticky material built up on the intermediate escape wheel from the Cal. 2500C, & is what causes "the stopping problem" as it has been known previously on this forum.

Omega requires that when this residue is present on the 2500C, that this gold coloured wheel is replaced with one that has a different finish, and is more grey coloured.

In addition, a specific epilame treatment and oiling procedure is used on all 20 teeth of this wheel, in addition to the epilame treatment and 10 other points oiled on the co-axial wheel.

Please see the thread here : - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/po...ml#post7881654

IMHO, it's most important to get yours serviced by someone specifically Omega-trained & experienced with this particular matter, who has access to the correct new-style replacement parts, epilame etc.

It seems a few other forum members sent their watches to their AD/or other watchmakers (who had evidently not been on the course nor studied & practiced this treatment), the problem was not correctly addressed, & the watches needed to be sent again for service & the work done by Omega.

In at least one horror-story case (anonymousmoose) the watch needed to be sent back multiple times over several years, & evidently was never dealt with by anyone trained or qualified with the particular fault or proceedure, nor access to the correct parts etc, & was never properly fixed).

I've had both the 2500C (Omega in-house serviced) & 2500D versions of the movement in 1st generation POs for several years & they have been THE most accurate watches I've ever owned in my life, at times running within a couple of seconds a week or longer when worn contuinuously 24/7. (No other perceptible differences between the C vs. D performance that I've noticed).

Good luck!

'
    Last edited by cybercat; 1 Week Ago at 09:33. Reason: clarification
    Titan II and GTTIME like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cybercat View Post
    Hi walrus1955,

Definitely needs to be serviced by a properly Omega-trained technician who has passed the course on this problem, is thoroughly experienced & "au fait' with the matter.

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned that before.

This model (2500C) of the 1st generation Planet Ocean had a stopping problem which is remedied at full service by fitting a new style intermediate escape wheel in the movement & specific epilame treatments (which Omega ran training courses on).

To very briefly paraphrase just a couple of Watchuseek forum 'super-guru' Al Archer's comments :

Black sticky material built up on the intermediate escape wheel from the Cal. 2500C, & is what causes "the stopping problem" as it has been known previously on this forum.

Omega requires that when this residue is present on the 2500C, that this gold coloured wheel is replaced with one that has a different finish, and is more grey coloured.

In addition, a specific epilame treatment and oiling procedure is used on all 20 teeth of this wheel, in addition to the epilame treatment and 10 other points oiled on the co-axial wheel.

Please see the thread here : - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/po...ml#post7881654

IMHO, it's most important to get yours serviced by someone specifically Omega-trained & experienced with this particular matter, who has access to the correct new-style replacement parts, epilame etc.

It seems a few other forum members sent their watches to their AD/or other watchmakers (who had evidently not been on the course nor studied & practiced this treatment), the problem was not correctly addressed, & the watches needed to be sent again for service & the work done by Omega.

In at least one horror-story case (anonymousmoose) the watch needed to be sent back multiple times over several years, & evidently was never dealt with by anyone trained or qualified with the particular fault or proceedure, nor access to the correct parts etc, & was never properly fixed).

I've had both the 2500C (Omega in-house serviced) & 2500D versions of the 1st generation PO for several years & they have been THE most accurate watches I've ever owned in my life, at times running within a couple of seconds a week or longer when worn contuinuously 24/7. (No other perceptible differences between the C vs. D performance that I've noticed).

Good luck!

'
    Make this a sticky!
    cybercat likes this.

Hopefully Archer might see this thread & step in with some direct advice to walrus1955.

Seems I mis-read the OP's original post & the watch is an AT model with the 2500C movement (not a PO). Presumably the same things apply regarding the servicing.
    Last edited by cybercat; 1 Week Ago at 16:11.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

2500 C should be free of niggles, unless it's time for that service overdue. However, judging from your story it's either the spring or the wheel, usually it's off axis and gets stuck on some plate or other parts of the movement. Nothing you should be to worried about, but some parts may need to be changed.

And no, you can't overwind an automatic winding movement. Manual winds you can, but you'd end up breaking it right then and there, not a few months after.

Leaving it on the winder for too long won't help either as it'll only wear out the gears on an already old movement. But then again this is just my theory.
    DW Classic St Mawes/Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega SMP/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra/ΩOmega Seamaster 300MC/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Premium/Steinhart Ocean One 39 Black Ceramic/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information