3mo old Aqua Terra Winding Issue

Thread: 3mo old Aqua Terra Winding Issue

3mo old Aqua Terra Winding Issue

I stopped by my local AD to discuss with the SA (big watch guy) if the winding on my new AT 8800 movement is normal.
    I have been experiencing, ever since I got the watch, that there is some resistance when winding and every 3/4 turns of the crown there is a click that is felt and heard. And when screwing the crown back in that it is generally hard to do so. There isn't that "whirring" of the movement being wound up, I am not new to automatics but I have never owned an Omega or a coaxial movement before. Naturally we took out an AT 8900 that was sitting in the case and played with that and there wasn't the resistance when winding and there was no clicking sound either.

In the end my SA suggested we send it in for warranty repair and service. He gave me the receipt for the account # and service # of the watch. Hopefully I can hear from Omega to confirm if this is an issue or not. I think this is also a good opportunity to ask Omega what the fee is to swap out the 8800 and swap in an 8900 movement in my 38.5mm AT because I really like that jumping hour hand!

Re: 3mo old Aqua Terra Winding Issue

Glad they are looking after you but Omega will not admit theres an issue. It will be returned in working condition. In this day of idiots on the internet, a tiny issue with a single product can go global in an hour so manufacturers dont engage customers on things like that. Cant blame them. I cant see Omega swapping out movements either, if youre lucky you may get the chance to completely change the watch for a newer iteration but you'll certainly get a fully working AT back in your hands in a few weeks. Keep this thread updated with your progress.

Re: 3mo old Aqua Terra Winding Issue

Quote Originally Posted by thx67 View Post
    Glad they are looking after you but Omega will not admit theres an issue. It will be returned in working condition. In this day of idiots on the internet, a tiny issue with a single product can go global in an hour so manufacturers dont engage customers on things like that. Cant blame them. I cant see Omega swapping out movements either, if youre lucky you may get the chance to completely change the watch for a newer iteration but you'll certainly get a fully working AT back in your hands in a few weeks. Keep this thread updated with your progress.
    I agree about the internet complaining but I would expect the resistance and the clicking sound to be gone when I get the watch returned. I will provide a follow up to hear what they said about the issue I am experiencing.

Thread Information