About to buy a speedmaster Pro 42mm / 6.5 inch wrist - how does it look?
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: About to buy a speedmaster Pro 42mm / 6.5 inch wrist - how does it look?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hello, so i started my watch obsession a few months ago with the Heuer Monaco and bought a gulf edition one, then another vintage Heuer Montreal, then 2 regular modern Tag Heuer Carreras. I've checked out speedmasters before but didn't really dive deep into them (i love the Heuer racing Heritage so thought i was going to stick with those)

The other day i'm watching the movie "The American" and George Clooney's watch the Speedmaster Professional with the black leather strap just looks so beautiful & elegant..I have pretty small wrists 6.5inch so thought the 40mm FOIS would be best for me, however i went to the omega botique and i just didn't like the look of the broad arrows, i really want a speedy pro, so tried that on and i loved it, the 42mm doesn't seem huge like other watches of this size usually are.

.however i'd love some insight from you guys, what do you think? Does it look ok on my small wrist?
    Attached Images Attached Images

EightEyes likes this.

Re: About to buy a speedmaster Pro 42mm / 6.5 inch wrist - how does it look?

by the way the FOIS i tried on really didn't seem that much smaller, i also tried on the speedmaster 38mm and that one was way too small.

It is easier to judge on a longer view, but from those I would say it is close, but should be ok.

Nigel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It looks fine in my opinion but at the end of the day, its what you think and how it feels on you.

Pictures from that distance tends to make watches look bigger than what they are; would say it is a tad big for my taste (try to avoid watches that take my full wrist) but if you feel it good on the wrist then go for it
    Last edited by fskywalker; 1 Week Ago at 22:29.
    Francisco
    Ω 2535.80.00 / 3592.50.00 / 2232.30 / 2504.52 / 168.022
    ♛ 16610 / 18239

Looks decent, no issues.

Ok guys i went today again and took more pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek307 View Post
    Ok guys i went today again and took more pics.
    It does not overhang, but take your wrist to the limit. If you like the fit then go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Francisco
    ♛ 16610 / 18239

I think my main problem is i'm comparing it to my Tag Heuer Carrera 39mm which is so light and comfy i never feel like i need to take it off, however a chrono watch i guess looks too busy in a small mm like that. the Carrera just sits so perfect and wraps around my wrist, but as you see its a plain dressier watch. Now when i wear my monaco it feels like i'm wearing something and it take it off immediately when i get home..kinda don't want to deal with the chunkiness again, but the speedy is not chunky like the monaco..i think i'm fine with the 42mm lol..decisions decisions

fskywalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek307 View Post
    I think my main problem is i'm comparing it to my Tag Heuer Carrera 39mm which is so light and comfy i never feel like i need to take it off, however a chrono watch i guess looks too busy in a small mm like that. the Carrera just sits so perfect and wraps around my wrist, but as you see its a plain dressier watch. Now when i wear my monaco it feels like i'm wearing something and it take it off immediately when i get home..kinda don't want to deal with the chunkiness again, but the speedy is not chunky like the monaco..i think i'm fine with the 42mm lol..decisions decisions
    That Tag seems to be about the same length as the speedy pro, so if you are ok with it will be fine with the speedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Francisco
    ♛ 16610 / 18239

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information