Advice on this Omega Seamaster De Ville

Thread: Advice on this Omega Seamaster De Ville

Advice on this Omega Seamaster De Ville

Just joined this forum from Australia to see if anyone can throw some light on this watch,it has been in my possesion for about 8 years and i actually lost it some 12 months ago and only found it whilst cleaning up the cupboards. Its an 18kt Gold Omega Seamaster DeVille with an 18Kt non genuine band,could someone please tell me abit about this watch,year of manafacture etc,is it a desirable piece etc,your thoughts and advice are appreciated,i believe the movement has to come out the front of the watch,but i aint doing that
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wish I could help more

Welcome to Omegaland. It looks like you have a nice, clean DeVille. Omega produced DeVilles in this style, at least from the mid-60s to mid-70s. Without knowing the reference number from the case and/or movement, I'm not comfortable dating it any more accurately.

Perhaps, someone else has more experience with these can chime in. You also might page through some catalogues on Steve's excellent old-omegas.com.

eric

Re: Advice on this Omega Seamaster De Ville

Quote Originally Posted by debsbuying View Post
    Just joined this forum from Australia to see if anyone can throw some light on this watch,it has been in my possesion for about 8 years and i actually lost it some 12 months ago and only found it whilst cleaning up the cupboards. Its an 18kt Gold Omega Seamaster DeVille with an 18Kt non genuine band,could someone please tell me abit about this watch,year of manafacture etc,is it a desirable piece etc,your thoughts and advice are appreciated,i believe the movement has to come out the front of the watch,but i aint doing that
    Hi there....Iam guessing About 1967-9...My Father has one just like it. His is 18k as well. A great watch and was almost as expensive as a Constellation at the time. A very underrated watch, and worth servicing and wearing.....He has had it from you and changed the bracelet from the dealer as he didnt like it. You could secure an original 18k bracelet for it from Swiss Time Services in England, they have many of Omegas old machines and tools for the 'Milanese style' bracelets...(will be expensive though).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by debsbuying View Post
    Just joined this forum from Australia to see if anyone can throw some light on this watch,it has been in my possesion for about 8 years and i actually lost it some 12 months ago and only found it whilst cleaning up the cupboards. Its an 18kt Gold Omega Seamaster DeVille with an 18Kt non genuine band ...
    Wow! Luck seems to be with you - can you come over to my house and clean my cupboards? Maybe you'll find Aldrin's Speedmaster!

Jon

This one is from 1964

Here you can se a table of the different seamaster movements, and production years

http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/omega/.../combined.html

Jon

Thanks for all the help so far,an old insurance policy which is very blank in the way it explains the watch says that the serial number is 65020SC.62 if that may shed anymore light

Thread Information