advice please: restoring 1960 Omega Constellation that is missing its bezel

Thread: advice please: restoring 1960 Omega Constellation that is missing its bezel

advice please: restoring 1960 Omega Constellation that is missing its bezel

Hi folks

My first post in this forum. I have a circa 1962-3 Omega Constellation. It is a gold watch, front and back (but does not have original band). It is missing the bezel, which for this model is a simple gold ring. I brought it to the local Omega boutique and it was shipped to California, but unfortunately they did not have the part, and so I canceled the repair.

SO my questions are:

1. Does someone out there make a replica (even plated) gold bezel for this? Or is an original replacement available?
    2. Is there an Omega repair shop out there that is well respected (without going back to an authorized dealer)

I would love to see mine brought back to its former glory.

Many thanks in advance....

Jon

Re: advice please: restoring 1960 Omega Constellation that is missing its bezel

May I suggest you Al Archer
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Quote Originally Posted by georges zaslavsky View Post
    May I suggest you Al Archer
    Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pghguy View Post
    1. Does someone out there make a replica (even plated) gold bezel for this? Or is an original replacement available?
    2. Is there an Omega repair shop out there that is well respected (without going back to an authorized dealer)
    I would love to see mine brought back to its former glory.
    Many thanks in advance....

Jon
    1) original bezels are not available. Your best bet is to find a donor case or maybe a jeweler can custom make one for you both options are $$. You may try contacting omega in Switzerland their vintage restoration division but that is also a very expensive option.

Best of luck.
    I AM A WATCHAHOLIC

Quote Originally Posted by CajunMike View Post
    1) original bezels are not available. Your best bet is to find a donor case or maybe a jeweler can custom make one for you both options are $$. You may try contacting omega in Switzerland their vintage restoration division but that is also a very expensive option.

Best of luck.
    I heard back from Al Archer who said that it's unlikely he has the bezel, unfortunately. You'd think with 3-D printing one could have one made and plated...

I've never heard of a jeweler making one but I'd try a local shop to see if its doable. If you have some old gold bracelet laying around might save on material. Let us know if you attempt this or the 3d route we'd be interested to know. Alternatively you might try some brass fittings at a hardware store and try to cut and shape it . You can then plate the brass. It's not impossible to DIY this but gonna take some effort. You might also try RGM watch company. They make custom cases in house they may be able to fashion just a bezel. Good luck.
    I AM A WATCHAHOLIC

Thanks. I need an expert machinist to help with this one!

Pics

Thread Information