Anyone ever had their Omega bracelet clasp fail? - Page 3
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Anyone ever had their Omega bracelet clasp fail?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Anyone ever had their Omega bracelet clasp fail?

Yep my new PO is going back for service because the clasp pops all the time. Not an extension problem. It's a spring problem like described above.

I own ten Omega watches and wear one nearly everyday. I've never had a bracelet open up or fail me in any way.
    Things are more like they are now than they ever were before.

No bracelet failure on any Omega I own.

regards,

mike.
    "Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

Breitling|Tag Heuer|Omega|Rolex|Ulysse Nardin

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I bought my Omega Speedmaster Professional in march 2012 and now after 9 months I started to have problems with clasp. It`s opening randomly. I dont have to push buttons to open it, it opens just with a little shake and soft pull. It is annoying, because it happens randomly on me, almost every day. I dont wear it tight. I am very dissapointed. Seiko for 100 € didnt do that. Also I am putting it on and off only once every day, so it shouldnt go bad so fast.

My 8500 PO is less than a year old and the clasp spring has failed.. :( Going to bring it in tomorrow.

Popped open once in mid air, was doing sport.

caught it in time tho, I guess I wear it too tight.

Must admit I'm surprsied to read this has been such a problem. In less than a week my SMP will be 8 years old and in that time, I've worn it as near to 24/7, 7 days a week as possible (it is currently my only watch)! Only time it leaves my wrist is to play cricket. Other than that I shower with it on, sleep with it on, play racquet sports with it on, got sand in it at the beach, worn it in extreme heat and cold, fallen down drunk/downstairs with it on, plus I play with the buttons quite a bit and it is absolutely solid! In fact, I've just tried pulling it open now and I might as well be trying to open a bank vault. My old Accurist had the fold over safety clasp but that would still pop open at times, but my SMP clasp is bang on.

I do wear it slightly loose though, there is a bit of slide on my wrist, so maybe it is a tighness issue, although playing around with mine, I would still think it more likely a spring bar would go if I wore it too tight, rather than the clasp.

I hope you get the issue resolved though, because for me, the only clasp out there to better it is on the PloProf!!
    Last edited by Pricey; February 1st, 2013 at 14:51.

Most expensive roller coaster ride ever. Got to the top of the New York New York roller coaster in Las Vegas and just as we started going down the back my son asked what was that as we both watched my Seamaster fly off my wrist never to be seen again. We searched everywhere, they even stopped the ride and let me walk up the gangway to the top to see if it was hung up. Somewhere in Las Vegas a landscaper at the hotel is wearing a Seamaster...
    Here’s the real kick in the nuts, that was the THIRD time a pin broke on the clasp requiring replacement. Once it fell off while walking through the office and I only noticed because I kicked the watch down the hall. The second time was while driving and it landed on the floorboard at my feet.
    Early model, purchased new in 1997.
    Last edited by PSD Operator; 1 Week Ago at 22:53. Reason: Error

Xx
    Last edited by PSD Operator; 1 Week Ago at 22:55. Reason: Duplicate

Just had to have the springs in my Speedmaster clasp replaced as it kept unlatching.

They replaced it for free even though it was several years out of warranty.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information