Aqua Terra vs. Seamaster 300m Automatic?? - Page 2
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Aqua Terra vs. Seamaster 300m Automatic??

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Somewhat similar to some other members above, I started with a SMP. After a while, I found that the SMP was a little too casual in my work environment. Now my ATs are for daily wear, the SMP is for weekend and vacation. Given your criteria that include a more dressy look, the AT may be of better choice. Good luck!

Re: Aqua Terra vs. Seamaster 300m Automatic??

SMP 300m is a pretty versatile watch.

I've never been a fan of a dress watch like the Aqua Terra on a bracelet. This was posted here awhile back though and I really like the look of it.

mitadoc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffza View Post
    SMP 300m is a pretty versatile watch.

I've never been a fan of a dress watch like the Aqua Terra on a bracelet. This was posted here awhile back though and I really like the look of it.

The AT is hardly a dress watch. It will go with a suit but I don't think you can designate it as a dress watch like you would a Deville.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Raff View Post
    The AT is hardly a dress watch. It will go with a suit but I don't think you can designate it as a dress watch like you would a Deville.
    It's a lot dressier than an SMP 300. I guess it's a middle ground between the Deville and the 300m.

Banned

The AT easily. Can be worn with just your underwear or completely suited up. Right for any occasion.
    CurvaVita likes this.

I choose a seamaster professional and save money for the Deville. In my opinion, every man should have at least 2 watchs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffza View Post
    It's a lot dressier than an SMP 300. I guess it's a middle ground between the Deville and the 300m.
    I agree it's dressier, I just wouldn't call it a dress watch.

To each his own... I personally have no problem strapping on my black ceramic SMP 300M on bracelet with a suit and tie (or a blue one for that matter). It makes ME happy. I also don't care much for what others may think while I do it.

I see guys wearing Subs, GO's and UN Maxi Divers with suits and think it's great. I would have no problem wearing an Aqua Terra with a suit either. Perhaps they are considered a bit more "dressy" but who cares? Wear what makes you happy.

Besides, I think "dressy" is trending to more casual...in many situations. The rules are becoming a little more relaxed, IMO. I think both watches would do just fine in most any occasion, except for maybe the most formal. Neither watch is a bohemoth 48mm diameter, 18mm thick watch so pick your fancy.
    Hansch99 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MICKIRaTT View Post
    To each his own... I personally have no problem strapping on my black ceramic SMP 300M on bracelet with a suit and tie (or a blue one for that matter). It makes ME happy. I also don't care much for what others may think while I do it.

I see guys wearing Subs, GO's and UN Maxi Divers with suits and think it's great. I would have no problem wearing an Aqua Terra with a suit either. Perhaps they are considered a bit more "dressy" but who cares? Wear what makes you happy.

Besides, I think "dressy" is trending to more casual...in many situations. The rules are becoming a little more relaxed, IMO. I think both watches would do just fine in most any occasion, except for maybe the most formal. Neither watch is a bohemoth 48mm diameter, 18mm thick watch so pick your fancy.
    You all raise an interesting question. If the AT is not REALLY a dress watch like the DeVille, and it is not REALLY a sport/diver like the SMP 300m, then what exactly is it? Is it a hybrid watch? If so, does it represent the best or the worst of both the DeVille and SMP 300m.
    fskywalker likes this.

Banned

Aqua Terra vs. Seamaster 300m Automatic??

I have the SMP so I will try to be unbiased. I too considered both watches but I feel the SMP is a more rugged, iconic looking piece. I would not mind adding an AT to my collection one day but it would certainly not be worn as much as my SMP. In my opinion, the Aqua Terra is stuck between casual and dress and does not pull in either area strongly enough. Just my 2 cents!
    lucretius and Karlo like this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information