Aqua Terra white dial - Page 7
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Aqua Terra white dial

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Aqua Terra white dial

I now have the piece in my possession and I must say I am very happy with our decision to purchase it. I have worn it for about 20 minutes so far and I can't keep my eyes off of it. The lume has nice blue hue to it, which is a welcomed change from my other previous green lumed watches. The contrast in low light also between the white, black and silver is the striking feature that sung so well to me.
    I am not sure why they lost the jumping hour hand in the 8800 versus the 8900 (successor to the 8500), I thought that would have been a cool feature to have. Maybe someone on here can explain Omega's reasoning.
    The feel on the wrist and the size of the watch just works for me somehow, I wonder how I would have felt if the case diameter was 40mm. Generally I have not worn anything under 42mm, but this 38mm has more presence than my other pieces; I blame the dial!
    I will follow up with some natural light shots, and I can't wait for my leather strap to come in so I can preserve the very well designed bracelet. FYI, I am totally in the butterfly clasp camp!!
    fskywalker and urbino like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post

Very nice, congrats!!!
    Gray_Panther likes this.
    Francisco
    Ω 2535.80.00 / 3592.50.00 / 2231.50 / 168.022 / 2503.52
    ♛ 16610 / 18239

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wow, that looks really good. Nice, GP!
    Gray_Panther likes this.
    Panerai | Omega | Jörg Schauer | Grand Seiko | Cartier | Hamilton | G-Shock
    Do you like to have a good time? Then you need a good watch.
    - Robert "Rocky" Balboa

Greeting from Asia. Love this watch so much
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  132.3 KB
    Londonboy likes this.

Glad you're enjoying it!

I am not sure why they lost the jumping hour hand in the 8800 versus the 8900 (successor to the 8500), I thought that would have been a cool feature to have. Maybe someone on here can explain Omega's reasoning.
    IIRC, and it's very possible I don't, the jumping hour (8900) vs. quick-set date (8800) was for the GMT version. GMTs generally are larger watches, to make room for the extra information, and the 8900 is a larger movement than the 8800. A jumping hour hand is a more useful feature on a GMT.

But don't hold me to any of that. :)
    Casio / C.Ward / Grand Seiko / Hamilton / Junghans / Laco / Nomos / Omega / Panerai / Rolex / Sinn / Timex / Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by urbino View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it!

IIRC, and it's very possible I don't, the jumping hour (8900) vs. quick-set date (8800) was for the GMT version. GMTs generally are larger watches, to make room for the extra information, and the 8900 is a larger movement than the 8800. A jumping hour hand is a more useful feature on a GMT.

But don't hold me to any of that. :)
    Makes sense and I can see how the larger diameter cases could align with that feature being available. I do some traveling and it would have been a big plus for me.

I did purchase a black leather strap and put it on yesterday. With it being a new watch I want to keep the bracelet as new as possible. The polished center links are just so shiny and scratch free!!

I did purchase a black leather strap and put it on yesterday. With it being a new watch I want to keep the bracelet as new as possible. The polished center links are just so shiny and scratch free!!
    I put mine away, too. I always have a hard time getting a good fit from a bracelet, so I rarely keep them on. I have an unworn black leather strap my AT would look fantastic on, but right now I'm enjoying putting different NATOs on it every day.
    Casio / C.Ward / Grand Seiko / Hamilton / Junghans / Laco / Nomos / Omega / Panerai / Rolex / Sinn / Timex / Tudor

Not to hijack, but anyone weigh the black dial during their search? Seems quite nice, too

*not my photos

Quote Originally Posted by whatclay View Post
    Not to hijack, but anyone weigh the black dial during their search? Seems quite nice, too

*not my photos

I did. My AD also had the black dial in 41mm with the 8900 movement for the same price as my 38mm white dial.
    If I didn’t already have a black dial piece I think I would still be trying to decide which to purchase.
    I think the black looks more boss and badass than the white. But the white is a stunner to behold.
    It wears better on darker skin tones just because of the contrast of the black and steel.
    If my skin tone was pale white, the black would not have worn well on me.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information