Aqua Terra Woes - Page 4
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Aqua Terra Woes

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Re: Aqua Terra Woes

Quote Originally Posted by anch View Post
    My mistake! Sorry if I got your hopes up. They did have two 38.5's only recently, of which a friend of mine bought the one. Was convinced they still had the other one and got carried away and didn't check the ref. before posting. Poor form on my behalf.
    One will pop up though, and the hunt makes getting a good example so much sweeter. Good luck!
    Haha. No worries! I’ll keep looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fskywalker likes this.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
    I won't let go of my original Skyfall, bought in 5/2013.
    I remember when you picked that one up Ricky.

fskywalker likes this.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

When I hunted down my AT I was lucky enough to have a pile of them to try on. My AD had lots of versions in stock. Including reduced previous models and pre owned. It took me an entire afternoon to narrow down the choices. First thing to go was the framed date. Im clearly in the minority here but I think it looks weird. To my eyes, the frame is too big and it looks like its been modified to cover up the fact the date wheel is the wrong size. Again, just me, im obviously a tad OCD as I hated the blue SMP with the black date wheel. I loved the "bumblebee" version as im a sucker for a splash of colour so eventually it came down to the bumblebee, the new blue dial (possibly the slate), new grey and new white. The white was not on my radar until I tried it on and its really really cool on the wrist. Definitely towards the industrial end of the spectrum in comparison to most other ATs which are fairly dressy (for a sports watch). I ruled out the blue and slate as the slate seconds hand looked a bit plasticky in bright sunlight and ive already got a few blue watches. By this time I was looking back at the ones I had thrown out and the older models started to look a bit dated in comparison to the symmetrical lines of the new. Again, just me. SO, it was down to the white and grey dial. The only thing that put me off the white was the fact it couldnt be dressed up due to the blackened indices and hands but it was a very close call. Ended up with the grey as the contrast between the rubber and bracelet option is huge. Its like a mirror ball on the bracelet and the blue markers sparkle while the texured grey dial tames the reflections. Out of all the watches ive owned its got the most remarks from non wis. On rubber its a great summer sport watch that can be worn to the beach. I feel the white only looked good on the rubber. I know thats not what you actually asked, youre clearly steering towards a skyfall but thought I would share my buying process. The newer options really need trying on. Name:  637DF3C8-6ACC-4AB1-A211-6966D741DBE0_1_201_a.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  1.70 MBName:  4wS31KheQaiJMaTgHLJrMg.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  1.56 MBName:  AT in sea.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  2.67 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Aqua Terra Woes

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    I saw that on eBay yesterday. The whole advert stinks to high heaven. Will avoid.
    We will keep an eye looking for one for you Dan!

Being mod friendly have also toyed with the idea of buying the Aqua Terra Good Planet Titanium model (below) and having the dial and hands switched to the Skyfall blue but was told by my watchmen the dial was really expensive (over $1500 if recall correctly) so decided not to do it unless found that dial for a reasonable price down the road. A 38.5mm titanium Skyfall AT would be the ultimate piece on my mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by fskywalker; December 18th, 2019 at 13:16.
    Buchmann69 and spidaman like this.
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400/69

I remember when you picked that one up Ricky.
    You and a few others helped pushed me over the edge. :)
    solesman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
    We will keep an eye looking for one for you Dan!

Being mod friendly have also toyed with the idea of buying the Aqua Terra Good Planet Titanium model (below) and having the dial and hands switched to the Skyfall blue but was told by my watchmen the dial was really expensive (over $1500 if recall correctly) so decided not to do it unless found that dial for a reasonable price down the road. A 38.5mm titanium Skyfall AT would be the ultimate piece on my mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Agree that the blue dial would rock the grey titanium case and the wearability due to lightness would be unrivalled! I’ll be getting the Good Planet strap when I’ve picked up the AT.

fskywalker likes this.
    Dan

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
    You and a few others helped pushed me over the edge. :)
    Terrible bunch of enablers on here

fskywalker, NMGE17 and spidaman like this.
    Dan

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Terrible bunch of enablers on here

True!
    Whenever I buy a new watch, the wife says, 'that bloody WUS place will bankrupt us'.
    She once asked, 'if you had to choose between the watches & WUS forum and me, what would you choose'?
    I told her that I'd miss her, but that I'd write, often.
    Last edited by HiggsBoson; December 18th, 2019 at 19:40.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060. Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT. Omega Aqua Terra 8500. Omega Planet Ocean 8800. Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF. Casio MRG-7600-1AJF. Casio MRG-7700-1AJF. Casio GMW-B5000-1ER. Casio GMW-B5000TB-1ER. Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Seems you've already made up your mind and are on the hunt. Excellent target. I think the date cage is the way to go if going 8500 version AT. It just looks more balanced to me and helps hide the date wheel color that doesn't match the dial. I love the Skyfall, but as you know I went new version. Have you checked Crownandcaliber or elady for what you are after?
    fskywalker likes this.
    -Steve

Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50
    Omega Aqua Terra 8900 220.12.41.21.03.001
    Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
    G-Shock GWM5610-1

I am going to disagree with the majority here. I currently own the latest AT 38mm in the white dial since September of this year, which is not very long but I absolutely love it. I have been eye balling the AT line for a while now and I am not a fan of the date window frame of the skyfall but do love the blue color. I personally would go with a newer blue in a 38mm as I like the placement of the date window as well as the teak d eck dial styling.The second watch off your list I would choose the spectre version. I may be really weird but I am not a huge fan of purchasing watches that are close to being about 5 years old due to the watch being close to servicing and out of warranty and what not, I don't mind vintage time pieces or anything older than 20 years just because the style of watches were different and most of those watches are no longer made. There is something about putting your own history on a watch rather than buying something that's 5 years old and having someone else is recent history from the watch.
    Rice and Gravy likes this.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information