Authenticwatches.com
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Authenticwatches.com

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Authenticwatches.com

So im currently looking at a Speedmaster Professional 3870.50.31, i'd be buying second hand, but it was purchased from authenticwatches originally, and as such has their warranty card.

Should I be worried at all here? And will Omega still service it without their warranty card?

Also noticed it had the anti-counterfeit logo on the back of the watch, is this new to speedys, because iv never seen it on one.

Thanks!
    yessir69 likes this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Authenticwatches.com

Quote Originally Posted by ToXic View Post
    So im currently looking at a Speedmaster Professional 3870.50.31, i'd be buying second hand, but it was purchased from authenticwatches originally, and as such has their warranty card.

Should I be worried at all here? And will Omega still service it without their warranty card?

Also noticed it had the anti-counterfeit logo on the back of the watch, is this new to speedys, because iv never seen it on one.

Thanks!
    Moved from Inquiries to Omega (you are not really inquiring about authentic watches are you ?!).
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by ToXic View Post

Thanks!
    If the serial number is still on the actual watch, Omega will service it. If SN is filled off, I wouldn't buy it unless it is really really cheap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I thought if it wasn't purchased from an authorized dealer, Omega won't provide warranty service. They might service it, but will charge for that. That is why places like AuthenticWatches, etc., provide their own "in house" warranty. Just asking to clarify .. I'm not expert on Omega watches. Will be buying my first one in the next month or two.

OzO

If you're lucky, you may have a reliable private watchmaker so you won't need to worry about your watch getting butchered by a warranty "repair"
    Cheers,
    Mark

Insert clever and/or deep and meaningful philosophical quote here

Banned

Sure, Omega will service it, but for a charge. Omega mfgr's warranty does not apply for pieces purchased from Authenticwatches.com, which is why they offer their own warranty, which is transferable owner-to-owner. If you believe the watch will function properly until the warranty runs out, it shouldn't be an issue. Maybe do web search to find others' reviews of that seller to see if anyone has been unhappy with service they provide if needed. As many negative comments as have been made re Omega service, their customer satisfaction may be better.

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

AuthenticWatches warranties the watch for two years. You should have no problems if the watch is still in the warranty period. If you like you can send it off to Omega and pay for a servicing. Better yet find a reliable local watchmaker, there really is no reason to send a watch to Omega for a servicing.
    OzO, OMEGAFORCE and Chrlee3000 like this.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

Quote Originally Posted by emmanuelgoldstein View Post
    AuthenticWatches warranties the watch for two years. You should have no problems if the watch is still in the warranty period. If you like you can send it off to Omega and pay for a servicing. Better yet find a reliable local watchmaker, there really is no reason to send a watch to Omega for a servicing.
    Authentic Watches now give a 4 year warranty on many of the Omega models.

This all sounds quite good, thanks for the advice. Thoug it seems I have four a speedy closer to home, and from a AD. always good to know about service though, will have to figgure out my local watch scene (jewelers are a dime a dozen in Calgary, but gotta find the good ones haha)

Quote Originally Posted by emmanuelgoldstein View Post
    does that include watches with the 321 movement?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information