Back in the SMP club.
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Back in the SMP club.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Back in the SMP club.

In truth, I never really left but ive been unfaithful these past few years. The last of the "newer" versions I owned was the black wave dial quartz, pre coax I think. I can never remember the model numbers. It was a great watch but it was another of my impulse buys and the snooty person in me moved it on as it was quartz. When the new 2019 SMP came out my first reaction was that of horror. I didnt like the wild dial, larger case etc. Got side tracked with other things and never got the chance to really look over these watches. Last summer I was in the AD and asked to take a look. At the time they were in short supply so only had the option of the gold bezel versions or silver dial bracelet jobs. A few weeks ago the "voices" returned so decided to take another look. Just out of curiosity of course. I was blown away by the blue and black versions. Heart said blue was the way to go; its a SMP after all, but im not so sure about the blue rubber strap. It was a super close call but the black nudged it out. Im glad I took the plunge as I had 2 main concerns. The larger case, and the way the lugs drop off at such an acute angle. The larger case seems to make no difference to me at all. Those SMP lugs twist in to draw the eyes away from the slightly larger case and once sized, the bracelet just rolls off the case onto the wrist. This was a big worry as in the windows and display cabinets the bracelet seems to drop off the watch leaving a big ridge. Its even more pronounced when the watch is held out in the hand. This small matter alone stopped me pulling the trigger a year ago. Once sized it was perfect. After a few hours of ownership Im very very impressed with everything about this watch. The quality and workmanship in these things is stunning. They did a great job of modernising a classic watch and bringing back the much loved waves. The black version goes from black to charcoal and even silver in some lights and the waves can go from barely visible to stark black and grey contrasting waves. This is going to be a keeper. I know every has seen this watch before but "pics or it didnt happen" Name:  smp indoors.jpeg
Views: 55
Size:  1.96 MBName:  smp outside.jpeg
Views: 60
Size:  1.70 MB
    pikeman, keisuke_z, EHV and 20 others like this.

Re: Back in the SMP club.

Congrats on a great watch - enjoy
    thx67 likes this.

Very nice, it is a great looking watch & may tempt me to get another Seamaster in the future.
    thx67 likes this.
    Rolex Sub Date
    Omega Speedmaster
    Tudor BB GMT
    Breitling Superocean 42 Abyss
    Omega Pie Pan 1948
    Seiko Kinetic Diver

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations!

Nigel
    thx67 likes this.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Congratulations on your new acquisition!

All three iterations are nice, but I prefer the black and the blue. If it was my purchase I would have gone with the black as well.

Happy to hear you're enjoying it so far.

René
    thx67 likes this.
    Citizen Navihawk
    Momentum Supernova, Titan II (GONE--gifted to a friend's son), Aquamatic II (Blue Dial) (GONE--gifted to my boss)
    OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Railmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer (ref 220.10.38.20.01.002), Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (ref 310.30.42.30.01.005), Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer (ref 233.30.41.21.01.001)
    Seiko SKX007 (GONE--gifted to my uncle)
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II Roman (Unitas 6498), Nav. B-Chrono II DLC (ETA Valjoux 7750)(SOLD), Nav. B-Uhr II (Unitas 6497)(SOLD), Ocean One Vintage (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD), Ocean One Vintage Red (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD)

Great watch. Looks perfect on your wrist

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thx67 likes this.

Congrats on your Seamaster!
    thx67 likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Congrats you know i agree with your assessment