Bambi Satoli Leather Strap - Non italian leather but pretty good looking and thick! (Quick review)

Thread: Bambi Satoli Leather Strap - Non italian leather but pretty good looking and thick! (Quick review)

Bambi Satoli Leather Strap - Non italian leather but pretty good looking and thick! (Quick review)

In Japan I picked up a Speedy Pro 3570.50 and trying to replaced it with a leather strap. The Omega dealer said it will take 3 weeks to get the strap that I want, so I went to other dealer and found this great strap made by Bambi, I like thick leather strap and found this to be the thickest compared to my hirsch strap on my speedy reduce.

Name:  speedmaster_pro.jpg
Views: 1408
Size:  67.2 KB

It is made with the famous Matsusaka Cow (Matsusaka beef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) , very interesting to find out what it is :p , I like how the clasp is flat and rounded (it's hugging the strap when you are wearing the watch). Stitches were done by hand, and looks very strong and tight. The leather looks glossy on bright lights and outdoor, very noticable. Two drawback are it's a but heavier than other leather band, i like lightweight leather, and worse of all, it cost 18000 yen (around $230+) - but considering the type of material and cow they use, it is bound to be expensive.

The Bambi deployment clasp DID NOT work with it because it's too thick.

ƒoƒ“ƒr | Bambi Official Site
    Last edited by ewdi; August 24th, 2011 at 07:24.
    The dude on SlashGear.com that loves watches as much as Gadgets.

Collections -
    Royal Oak 15400 (Black Dial)
    Glashutte Original Panomatic (2012)
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute to 1931
    Rolex GMT IIc
    Rolex Sub Hulk
    Rolex Datejust
    Speedy Pro
    Grand Seiko SBGW253

Re: Bambi Satoli Leather Strap - Non italian leather but pretty good looking and thick! (Quick revie

Very nice strap, I'm particular to straps with contrast stitching.

As for the particular leather used, seem pretty pampered cow before the end.

"Only female wagyu are raised in Matsusaka, where they are fed plenty of fodder, as well as tofu lees and ground wheat. When they have no appetite, they are fed beer to stimulate their eating, and receive regular massages."

Thread Information