Before and After Service Pics

Thread: Before and After Service Pics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Before and After Service Pics

Anyone has pics to show their before (with dings and scratches) and after (prestine as new) serviced watch? This may help ease some perfectionists who worry over dings and scratches to know that most of them can be corrected during service. Thanks.

Re: Before and After Service Pics

I would like to see some too...

Thanks,

Bryan
    Omega Speedmaster Professional ref. 3570.50.00 X 2
    Omega Aqua-Terra Railmaster ref. 2512.52.00
    Panerai PAM88 Luminor GMT

I'd love to see that as well. I'm more familiar with the work the Rolex Service Center does, but I'm anxious to see what the Omega service centers can do with bringing a watch back to like new condition.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wow, a lot of newer guys coming in. Welcome, fellas.

Bienne is renowned for preforming exceptional work on vintage pieces. It's really remarkable to see, and I'm sure with some patience, you'll get a chance to see the results.

You might take some time to look back through the extensive archives on our Omega Forum, to read through some of these old posts. A couple that come to mind are Jake's (Justice) Speedsonic and Gary's (Agent Orange) "Exotic" Mk II Speedmaster. There have been one or two returns posted, just in the last couple of weeks, if you dig back a couple of pages in the forum.

Enjoy!

eric

[quote=eptaz;975772]Wow, a lot of newer guys coming in. Welcome, fellas.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm happy to be here and I'll look through those old posts for the information:thanks

Hi All,

Another new guy here. I don't know where everyone resides, but I'm in the bay area of California. After 2.5 years my SMP gathered some kind of spotting under the crystal, similar to water spots you might get on your car or shower door. I took it to the Omega Service Center in San Francisco and they overhauled the watch for a bit under $300 if my memory is correct (this was over one year ago). The watch came back looking brand new and has ran perfect ever since (although there was never an accuracy issue). No before pictures but I was very pleased. I don't see myself ever getting rid of this watch I have read many comments elsewhere that praise Bienne service highly, but not so much on stateside. I guess I am lucky to live near a good one.

Omega Service Center in San Francisco
    does it mean we don't have to send the Omegas to Swiss for service?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHawaii View Post
    I took it to the Omega Service Center in San Francisco and they overhauled the watch for a bit under $300...
    I am glad to know that the SF service center does great work. I live an hour away and will send my watch to them when its time.

I actually read about a horror story a long while ago that someone got their watch all messed up during service at the SF center (poor quality refinishing). They had to send it to Bienne to correct the damage. Looks like the SF center have resolved those issues.

Also, it is nice to see someone else with a mid-size black on black SeMP. Mine has the Bond bracelet.

MY COLLECTION
    Breitling Aerospace SuperQuartz E75362
    Omega Seamaster Pro Chronometer Mid-size 2052.50
    Sinn 356 Flieger Acrylic on C&B strap
    Seiko SARB027
    Tissot T-Classic Desire T52142113

Luminox 7051
    J. Crew Timex Vintage Field Watch
    Vintage Hamilton's: Boyd, Parker-B, Boulton, A-652, Pan Europ 701, Tonneau, Arnold

Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V (with Mil-Shock mod)

does it mean we don't have to send the Omegas to Swiss for service?
    Yes, Omega has some service centers scattered throughout the USA. Haven't heard alot of great stuff about them, but I was pleased with mine after service in SF.

Looks like the SF center have resolved those issues.
    Perhaps I was just lucky, but the young guy that helped me was nice enough. They warranty everything for one year. Turn around time was a couple of weeks.

it is nice to see someone else with a mid-size black on black SeMP
    Right on brother! Having smallish wrists, the mid-size just looked perfect to my eye. It is a killer watch and I wear it almost every day. I really like the look of the Bond bracelet on the black SMP and have often considered trading out bracelets. Do you have to order them from an AD? I imagine their cost is north of $300?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHawaii View Post
    Perhaps I was just lucky, but the young guy that helped me was nice enough. They warranty everything for one year. Turn around time was a couple of weeks.
    I really like the look of the Bond bracelet on the black SMP and have often considered trading out bracelets. Do you have to order them from an AD? I imagine their cost is north of $300?
    Just to be sure, is this where you took your watch?...
    Omega Service Agency
    210 Post Street, Room 802
    San Francisco, CA 94108

As to my Bond bracelet, my SeMP came with it. I bought it new 6 years ago when it was the default bracelet. Soon afterwards, Omega switched to the Speedy-styled bracelet as they are available today. But yeah, they are over $300 I think. I'm not sure where to get one though.
    I agree, I prefer the Bond bracelet over Speedy. In fact, the next generation black on black SeMP now come with the Bond. My watch will look (sort of) up to date again.
    Here is a pic of mine...

MY COLLECTION
    Breitling Aerospace SuperQuartz E75362
    Omega Seamaster Pro Chronometer Mid-size 2052.50
    Sinn 356 Flieger Acrylic on C&B strap
    Seiko SARB027
    Tissot T-Classic Desire T52142113

Luminox 7051
    J. Crew Timex Vintage Field Watch
    Vintage Hamilton's: Boyd, Parker-B, Boulton, A-652, Pan Europ 701, Tonneau, Arnold

Casio G-Shock DW5600E-1V (with Mil-Shock mod)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information