Beware the JOMA - Page 6
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Beware the JOMA

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Beware the JOMA

Lesson learned inspect any watch like mad right away because once you wear it itís on you!

I found a small scratch on my brand new DSSD the first time I wore it. For the life of my I donít remember doing it but I couldnít guarantee it was or wasnít there when I bought it. So itís on me. Now itís much smaller than yours but trust me it annoyed me.

Buying grey you have to know you can likely get something that was returned or even worse has a defect they are hoping you miss.

I have bought a couple watches from Joma for me and for a family member both Omegas and luckily both great!

My opinion is as follows: If you buy a watch that is advertised as NEW, it doesn't matter whether it's from an AD or grey market. New is new.
    It should not be marked UNLESS it is specifically listed as so.
    TonyDennison likes this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060.
    Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500.
    Omega Planet Ocean 8800.
    Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7600-1AJF.
    Casio MRG-7700-1AJF.
    Casio GMW-B5000-1ER.
    Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrendous View Post
    They buy these units from ADs so maybe this was a display model that had gone through a few strap changes? It doesn't make any difference, but I guess it's feasible that Joma didn't scratch it.

In any case that sucks. I hope you can find a way to enjoy that incredible watch nonetheless.
    ^ This.

I believe some of these are purchased from ADís and may have been display models or customer returns. Itís also possible that your watch was purchased and returned to Joma. Since Joma is not an authorized dealer (and no Omega warranty is provided) itís really more similar to purchasing used than new. Price draws people in but as always it comes down to ďbuy the seller not the price.Ē

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a story about Jomashop as well:
    1.- I bought a watch from them.
    2.- Thoroughly read their return policy and warranty as I waited for the watch to reach me.
    3.- Got it, INSPECTED it thoroughly WITHOUT removing the plastics nor any of the tags.
    4.- Decided that it wore too small for my flat large wrists (very banal reason).
    5.- Went online to their website and filled out the return form, didn't have to call anybody.
    6.- Packaged it carefully and properly (with the next owner in mind) and returned it.
    7.- Got my money back.

A year later I bought a different watch from them and it's a keeper.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

I've bought from them a couple of times without issue, but I do feel for OP.

This is, BTW, why I would buy with Amex if possible from them. You have more leverage if they feel like there's a chance the charge could credibly be disputed and denied.
    TKiteCD likes this.

Jesus. I would send the watch to these guys, they seem to great service...
    https://youtu.be/yDUjc2kAUTM
    ďA man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure.Ē - Lee Segall

Sad to hear this, it's a lot of scratches for a so-called "new" watch. My suggestion is you can go to a watch/jewellery store and get it polished out.
    Next time, inspect it before taking off the tag. My experience is even if I couldn't find any scratch/marks on the watch, I still leave the tag/sticker on for a few days just in case I changed my mind.
    Sometimes I read all the reviews or watch all the photos and deciced to buy the watch, then when it came and I put it onto my wrist I know this is not the watch that suits me. Although nothing wrong with it, I will have to get it returned.

First post-hello!
    Sorry I haven’t read through the entire thread, but if a watch gets purchased, and worn a bit, then is found to have a mechanical flaw would it be considered new or worn? I’d say it’s new. The flaw was not evident right away, and the watch should be replaced, or possibly repaired, right away. The use of the watch is the inspection.
    Sam
    fskywalker likes this.

Why would you buy an expensive watch from a place like Jomashop? That's the first question. Anything that comes from there is a crap shoot from everything I've seen. I'm wearing a watch that came from Jomashop as I write this, and it was perfect when I received it (it was a gift I did not purchase it directly from them). When you buy from a place like Jomashop, you roll the dice and you could be a winner, or you could lose. I think I'd just send it back to them and demand another watch, and if they don't want to replace it, ask for a refund. Make sure you note the serial number in case they try to send you back the same watch.
    fskywalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sffar View Post
    First post-hello!
    Sorry I havenít read through the entire thread, but if a watch gets purchased, and worn a bit, then is found to have a mechanical flaw would it be considered new or worn? Iíd say itís new. The flaw was not evident right away, and the watch should be replaced, or possibly repaired, right away. The use of the watch is the inspection.
    Sam
    Welcome to WUS, Sam.

I donít think wearing a watch a bit is ďinspectionĒ.
    GTTIME likes this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information