Beware the JOMA - Page 7
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Beware the JOMA

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Beware the JOMA

Quote Originally Posted by sffar View Post
    First post-hello!
    Sorry I havenít read through the entire thread, but if a watch gets purchased, and worn a bit, then is found to have a mechanical flaw would it be considered new or worn? Iíd say itís new. The flaw was not evident right away, and the watch should be replaced, or possibly repaired, right away. The use of the watch is the inspection.
    Sam
    It's worn. You should inspect the watch thoroughly before wearing it. Set it and see how it runs, etc. After it's worn it's used. Especially if you've sized the bracelet, done strap changes, etc. Then you would have to have it repaired using whatever warranty you have, if any.

Always read return policies before you buy.
    %99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

Another thread back from the dead!
    Betterthere likes this.
    What's he building in there?...I'll tell you one thing, He's not building a playhouse for the children.

Quote Originally Posted by sffar View Post
    First post-hello!
    Sorry I havenít read through the entire thread, but if a watch gets purchased, and worn a bit, then is found to have a mechanical flaw would it be considered new or worn? Iíd say itís new.
    Sam
    It isn't new. You answered your own question.
    Omega Aqua Terra Master Co-Axial 8500 - Omega Diver 300M Master Chronometer - Seiko "Samurai" SRPC93

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the welcome, and thread back from the dead my mistake.
    I agree utilizing the watch really isn’t an “inspection” and I suppose I shouldn’t misuse the term, but when a problem appears after a very short period of time, the watch does not function as a timepiece, then maybe test and not inspection is more accurate. If a new watch can’t pass the test of keeping time beyond the benchtop it’s flawed and should be addressed by the dealer quickly, though, imho.

The lesson I've learned with prior purchases: Unbox the watch but don't remove any plastic. Wind the watch and test the functions. If all is well then move on to removing the plastic to inspect for dings, scratches, etc. If you find something you don't like you immediately contact them. They know exactly when you receive the watch based on the courier. So if you call within an hour or 2 of receiving it chances are they will know any fault with the watch is on them.

Honestly, in the end, it's not the end of the world. You can try to buff it out yourself if it really bothers you or you can bring it to a jeweler. Very simple solution actually.

How much money would you have saved if you didnít purchase through Jomashop and instead went through an AD?
    Does that cost savings justify living with a scratch on the underside of the lug that you will only see for a few seconds whenever you have your watch off?
    If not then just return it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread Information