Beware the JOMA
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Beware the JOMA

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Beware the JOMA

At first I wrote that I had a fine experience with Joma Shop, but I have erased that post and am writing this.

two days after I received a new Speedmaster I noticed the underneath one of the lugs was scratched.

At first I was just so happy about the condition of the remaining of the watch, since in the past I have purchased new speedmasters that had serious problems..sticky Tach second hands...mis-alligned tach dials, stopping stuttering movements, etc...

After a couple more days of obsessing wit a magnifying glass, I contacted Joma.

The Customer Service girl said "I asked the warehouse. The watch was new, you scratched it."

And that was it. No more replies

What the F?

I supposed their reaction was perfectly logical, how do I prove this?

But SOMEONE THERE COMMITTED THIS DAMAGE.....I paid for it and have been blamed. I have this dreaded feeling of powerlessness.

Not sure I want to make a federal case out of a scratch, but I am pissed about this. The scratch is one that I wouldn't even care about if I had made it, but someone else did IT and then sold me the watch as new. My main concern it that if I send it back now, maybe they will send me one that has actual problems...better the devil you know.

I am stuck thinking about the scratch, I wish I had never discovered it. I wish i had been the one to make the scratch, then I wouldn't even be writing this.

I think I will try to convince myself that I did it and accept it. Again to return it and get something that doesn't work would be a nightmare. But I can live and learn.

I know, I know, you will say "that's ridiculous, just send it back, or shut up etc etc."

I know.

But I imagine they have a big bin of crap.... to cycle through to the trouble makers.

My point?

Beware Joma Shop, and search search search the watch before you wear it, but Guess What? Even if I never wore it, they would have said the same thing, right? What else would they say?

I would not purchase from them again unless I knew someone there that would check the watch for me before it shipped. And I may ship it back and charge back my card. I don't know, what do you guys think?

T
    hugof3C likes this.
    DERRRRRRRR

2018 Speedmaster
    1962 Seamaster
    1969 Speedmaster
    2011 2500D Planet Ocean
    Seiko SKX 007
    1998 Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow Reissue
    Poljot Chronograph
    Ginault Ocean-Rover 181070LSILN

Re: Beware the JOMA

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDennison View Post
    At first I wrote that I had a fine experience with Joma Shop, but I have erased that post and am writing this.

two days after I received a new Speedmaster I noticed the underneath one of the lugs was scratched.

At first I was just so happy about the condition of the remaining of the watch, since in the past I have purchased new speedmasters that had serious problems..sticky Tach second hands...mis-alligned tach dials, stopping stuttering movements, etc...

After a couple more days of obsessing wit a magnifying glass, I contacted Joma.

The Customer Service girl said "I asked the warehouse. The watch was new, you scratched it."

And that was it. No more replies

What the F?

I supposed their reaction was perfectly logical, how do I prove this?

But SOMEONE THERE COMMITTED THIS DAMAGE.....I paid for it and have been blamed. I have this dreaded feeling of powerlessness.

Not sure I want to make a federal case out of a scratch, but I am pissed about this. The scratch is one that I wouldn't even care about if I had made it, but someone else did IT and then sold me the watch as new. My main concern it that if I send it back now, maybe they will send me one that has actual problems...better the devil you know.

I am stuck thinking about the scratch, I wish I had never discovered it. I wish i had been the one to make the scratch, then I wouldn't even be writing this.

I think I will try to convince myself that I did it and accept it. Again to return it and get something that doesn't work would be a nightmare. But I can live and learn.

I know, I know, you will say "that's ridiculous, just send it back, or shut up etc etc."

I know.

But I imagine they have a big bin of crap.... to cycle through to the trouble makers.

My point?

Beware Joma Shop, and search search search the watch before you wear it, but Guess What? Even if I never wore it, they would have said the same thing, right? What else would they say?

I would not purchase from them again unless I knew someone there that would check the watch for me before it shipped. And I may ship it back and charge back my card. I don't know, what do you guys think?

T
    What does this scratch under the lug look like? Was it rubbing from a bracelet?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by richterto View Post
    What does this scratch under the lug look like? Was it rubbing from a bracelet?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    Looks like someone without knowledge or skill scratched it removing or installing a bracelet. Why someone there would do I can't imagine, so I am guessing it was a returned item.

TDName:  20181031_105429.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  1.02 MB
    Last edited by TonyDennison; November 1st, 2018 at 01:13.
    DERRRRRRRR

2018 Speedmaster
    1962 Seamaster
    1969 Speedmaster
    2011 2500D Planet Ocean
    Seiko SKX 007
    1998 Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow Reissue
    Poljot Chronograph
    Ginault Ocean-Rover 181070LSILN

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Beware the JOMA

Definitely sucks... a lot. But that’s a watch that’s meant to be worn and one that you will put a lot of miles on (I think). If it works perfectly and is perfectly aligned and all.. I might just keep it and learn from the grey market lesson with the understanding that I’ll probably do way worse to it throughout its lifetime. Maybe get it looked over by a watchmaker just to make sure of no internal issues?

If you’re feeling that deceived maybe go through your payment provider? Amex or PayPal would fight pretty hard for you, not sure how you went about it. Hope another POV helps.

For the cost of a set of Cape Cod polishing cloths and maybe some 1000 and 1500 grit, you saved quite a bit. Time to polish out the scratch yourself, and move on.

They buy these units from ADs so maybe this was a display model that had gone through a few strap changes? It doesn't make any difference, but I guess it's feasible that Joma didn't scratch it.

In any case that sucks. I hope you can find a way to enjoy that incredible watch nonetheless.

Sad story. I have read quite a few things that state their customer service is terrible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I was fortunate bought a new Speedy from Joma no issues. But on watchuseek and other forums I have heard they flip returned watches as new stock. Also, if you have a warranty issue they claim they will fix the watch but based on customer service reviews that is mostly a myth. I would stay on them. As long as you can deal with the oversses call sign without losing your mind it is worth it. Good luck.
    TonyDennison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDennison View Post

I have this dreaded feeling of powerlessness.
    You're being a tad dramatic, no?

Sucks that happened but, as other have said, I'd carefully buff out the scratches as best you can and enjoy the watch.

Jeez, that sucks. Well, at least it is a cosmetic issue on the lugs as opposed to something internal and expensive. I always curse myself whenever I purchase from an AD when I know I can go grey for far cheaper, but I have learned sometimes it does pay (I have a Mido I just sent to Swatch yesterday). Good luck with everything.
    TonyDennison likes this.
    Grand Seiko SBGV223, Grand Seiko SBGV225, Grand Seiko SBGV205, Grand Seiko SBGT241, Oris Aquis, Oris Pro Pilot, Sinn LE 556i, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Samurai, G Shock GX-56bb, G Shock GW-b5600

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information