A Birthday Acquisition
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: A Birthday Acquisition

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

A Birthday Acquisition

Hello all!

Today I am celebrating my 50th birthday, and I'm very happy to share with you all my new arrival: the 1957 Trilogy Railmaster;

Name:  20200112_161921_1579062843321.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  933.6 KB

On Saturday I headed to my local AD where I was joined by WUS member carlhaluss.

It was the day I'd been waiting for for just over a year. The day I got to collect my brand new Railmaster, have the bracelet sized, and finally get to put it on my wrist.

On January 5th of 2019 I visited my AD as I would normally do every 2 to 3 weeks, just to look at some watches and chat with the sales associate I always deal with. Knowing that I was a big fan of the CK2914, and possibly on the hunt for the since discontinued Railmaster ref. 2804, he was excited to show me the new limited edition 1957 Trilogy Railmaster.

Name:  20190106_160411_1579065100507.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  1.30 MB
    (A picture taken at the AD when I first tried on the Railmaster)

I had heard about the new anniversary release, and I had seen pictures, but I wasn't prepared for what I was about to see. I was floored!! I was in awe!!

I told the SA how much I loved the watch. That, for me, owning this new iteration of the Railmaster was the next best thing to owning the CK2914. Unfortunately I wasn't yet in a position to buy another watch, and by the time I was ready, this limited edition would no doubt be all sold out. I was very disappointed, to say the least.

Knowing how much I loved the CK2914, and knowing how much I would love to own this new limited edition Railmaster, the SA made me a proposition. If I put down a sizable deposit he would hold the watch for me for as long as it took for me to pay it off. WHAT?!?! How could I say no to that?

So we set about discussing how the arrangement would work. To my great surprise he also extended a sizable discount and the deal was done.

So fast forward to this past Sunday, and the big day had finally arrived. To make it even more special, I invited Carl to share my experience and he agreed.

We met at the AD at 11am and I introduced Carl to my friend the SA. The watch was brought out, and the bracelet was sized. After that we talked watches and looked at and tried on many watches.

Name:  20200112_193049_1579066584800.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  1.33 MB

When we were finally done I made the final payment and Carl and I headed off to have a celebratory lunch, which Carl generously paid for. Thank you, Carl!!

Over lunch we had a nice chat about watches and other topics. Carl showed me his new Longines Avigation Big Eye he had recently acquired, and his gorgeous H. Moser Heritage (what a stunning watch).

After lunch we went back to the AD and went to the ROLEX room where we looked at all the hard to get steel sports watches. (Just kidding.) We were in the ROLEX room, but we went in there to sit down so Carl could bring out his watch box and share his amazing collection with us.

What an amazing day...and an amazing birthday. I'd like to thank Carl for coming out to join me, and for picking up the tab at lunch. It was great getting to spend some time with you again my friend, and an honour to share this great experience with you and to call you a friend.

I'd also like to send a HUGE thank you out to Tomas (and Clara) at LUGARO Jewelers at Park Royal Mall. This special moment in my life would never have been possible without your help. You have my deepest gratitude. I'm honoured to call you a friend.

Name:  20200113_224623_1579066637630.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  2.37 MB

If you've made it this far, thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy post. I just wanted to share my amazing experience with you all.

René
    Citizen Navihawk
    Momentum Supernova, Titan II (GONE--gifted to a friend's son), Aquamatic II (Blue Dial) (GONE--gifted to my boss)
    OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Railmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer (ref 220.10.38.20.01.002), Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (ref 310.30.42.30.01.005), Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer (ref 233.30.41.21.01.001)
    Seiko SKX007 (GONE--gifted to my uncle)
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II Roman (Unitas 6498), Nav. B-Chrono II DLC (ETA Valjoux 7750)(SOLD), Nav. B-Uhr II (Unitas 6497)(SOLD), Ocean One Vintage (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD), Ocean One Vintage Red (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD)

Re: A Birthday Acquisition

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Many happy returns and enjoy your watch. Wear in good health!
    Titan II likes this.

Wow Rene.
    First of all happy birthday, all the best. And then congrats, the RM is fabulous. Was Carl also wearing his when you bought it. Looks like the two of you had a great day out.

I must say the year is off to a strong start here with your RM, the new ATs for Dan and Francisco and the MC300 for imranbecks...
    Last edited by Sloopjohnb; January 15th, 2020 at 08:45.
    solesman and Titan II like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

'
    Happy birthday indeed, René!

Thank you so much for sharing your special story!

Enjoy your Railmaster for many, many years to come - & wear it always in good health!
    '

Happy Birthday!

Congratulations on a fantastic birthday gift and how it came about. Glad you got to share the experience with someone who would totally understand your emotions.

Nigel

Banned

Looks awesome amigo!!

Happy birthday and congratulations!!!
    Wear it in good health amigo!!
    Titan II likes this.

Happy 50th Rene! I had no idea how much love you had for the RM. I had you down for a Skyfall or the IWC Petit Prince (nice watch!) Your AD sounds like a a great business who still maintain that personal touch.

Anyway....what a day you had and you spent it with Carl. I hope one day that I get to meet him too. That Moser is jaw dropping!

Hope this eases the angst of missing your Speedy and enjoy that Railmaster in the very best of health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Titan II, cybercat and NMGE17 like this.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Quote Originally Posted by Sloopjohnb View Post
    Wow Rene.
    First of all happy birthday, all the best. And then congrats, the RM is fabulous. Was Carl also wearing his when you bought it. Looks like the two of you had a great day out.

I must say the year is off to a strong start here with your RM, the new ATs for Dan and Francisco and the MC300 for imranbecks...
    No more watches for me. Only choice outbound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sloopjohnb likes this.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Thank you all for the congratulations, and for the birthday wishes.

John, Carl wore his new Longines Avigation Big Eye, and brought along a few other watches. Unfortunately the RM wasn't one of them. When we were at the AD he did say that he should have worn it. That would have been cool.

I can't believe I got so immersed in the whole experience that I completely forgot to take any pictures.

Thanks again guys!!

Rene
    Citizen Navihawk
    Momentum Supernova, Titan II (GONE--gifted to a friend's son), Aquamatic II (Blue Dial) (GONE--gifted to my boss)
    OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Railmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer (ref 220.10.38.20.01.002), Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (ref 310.30.42.30.01.005), Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer (ref 233.30.41.21.01.001)
    Seiko SKX007 (GONE--gifted to my uncle)
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II Roman (Unitas 6498), Nav. B-Chrono II DLC (ETA Valjoux 7750)(SOLD), Nav. B-Uhr II (Unitas 6497)(SOLD), Ocean One Vintage (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD), Ocean One Vintage Red (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD)

Happy 50th Birthday, and congratulations on the latest addition!
    solesman, Titan II and NMGE17 like this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060. Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT. Omega Aqua Terra 8500. Omega Planet Ocean 8800. Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF. Casio MRG-7600-1AJF. Casio MRG-7700-1AJF. Casio GMW-B5000-1ER. Casio GMW-B5000TB-1ER. Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information