Which Blue PO should I get - Page 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Which Blue PO should I get

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Which Blue PO should I get

I'd go for the 8500 Ti version. The endlink on the older bracelet is much nicer, and I also prefer the number fonts of the dial of that one.
    The ZrO2 dial is much more shiny and reflective, the old lacquered one is darker, deeper blue at the most light sources.
    *** Omega Seamaster GMT - 2234.50.00 *** Omega Seamaster Diver 300M - 212.30.41.20.03.001 *** Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph - 215.30.46.51.03.001 *** Omega Speedmaster Professional - Speedy Tuesday "ULTRAMAN" - 311.12.42.30.01.001 *** Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military MAXI - Limited Edition *** Grand Seiko "Snowflake" - SBGA211 *** Grand Seiko - SBGH267 *** Grand Seiko - SBGA229 ***

Ive looked at POs many times over the years but the weight of them is very noticeable so the titanium option makes a lot of difference but I know where your coming from with the contrast in weight. I opted for a Tudor Pelagos in the end and that did feel very weird for a few days but you get used to the lack of weight very quickly. Ive found titanium to be nicer during the summer months unless its just psychological. I think titanium doesnt conduct heat as well as steel. It will make your other watches feel like paperweights if you have a rotation though although you get used to the change in a few minutes. 2 lovely watches to choose from though cant beat a bit of blue for the summer. Good luck with the final decision.

I own the 8500 PO ti in 42mm and it's my favourite watch. I definitely prefer it to the 8900. The 8900 still looks nice though.
    I can't imagine you'd be disappointed either way but the 8500 wins for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Personally, I would go with the 8900, but that is just my personal preference. I don't think there is much to choose based solely on appearance, but the lightness if titanium always sounds good to me but in reality to me it always feels "light". I totally understand that for some people that is a huge advantage - "Different strokes for different folks" to borrow a well worn aphorism.

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas là. Si vous n'êtes pas là non plus, il n'y a personne.

Quote Originally Posted by ericmurray703 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. That is not my pic and I have not seen the 8500 ti in person. I didn't try it on when I bought the black/orange 8500 several years ago.

The OB has the 8900 and the 8900 ti. The 8900 def looks like it has more bling. Wish i could do a side by side

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    bling, fonts and dimensions are what's usually discussed, and they do give a 'techyier' vibe to the 8900, but it's the other things that make a real difference to me.
    relative proportions, like crown to crown and crowns to case, lugs to case,
    how differently the case, especially the lugs, is angled, the silver date numbers in relief on the 8500 vs white on the 8900,
    things like these which you will have a hard time noticing even on side by side pics.

also, for me, the 45.5, of which I've also had the 2500, is the po being true to what it was intended to be,
    smaller versions, both of previous models and the new line, have always felt 'adjusted'.

basically, preference is your own, but if you haven't really noticed how different they are, don't decide on size and specs alone

I'm in a similar dilemma. I am torn between 42mm titanium 8500 PO and 39.5mm 8800 PO. The dilemma wouldn't exist if only Omega came out with 39.5mm titanium PO. Omega is able to release hundreds of LE novelty models a year yet can't/won't make 39.5mm titanium PO. :(

Both great choices, slight edge for me for the 8900.

Both great choices, slight edge for me for the 8900.

I can’t recommend the 8500 Ti enough. I was in the “Titianium is too light camp” until I wore a steel PO 8500 for several months. The weight and thickness did become uncomfortable for me at times so I decided to go for the titanium and don’t regret it one bit. I’ve worn it now for 8 months or so and still can’t find a scratch, which is pretty amazing. The grade 5 titanium that Omega uses is now my favorite watch metal. I also prefer the 8500 to the 8800 aesthetically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Londonboy and fskywalker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RNHC View Post
    I'm in a similar dilemma. I am torn between 42mm titanium 8500 PO and 39.5mm 8800 PO. The dilemma wouldn't exist if only Omega came out with 39.5mm titanium PO. Omega is able to release hundreds of LE novelty models a year yet can't/won't make 39.5mm titanium PO. :(
    I owned both of those at the same time. I still have the 39.5mm PO in blue, but sold the 42mm blue titanium Planet Ocean. I would have probably kept the titanium if I didn't have the 39.5mm to compare it against. Despite the lightweight grade 5 titanium, the titanium model felt too bulky because of the excessive case thickness. Despite the fact that the 39.5mm is steel and not titanium, it simply has a lighter and more natural feel on my 6.75" wrist.

For me, though, my favorite Planet Ocean is still the first generation 42mm model. It just has the most classic look at best look on the wrist.
    HiggsBoson likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information