Bond Seamaster Reveal - Page 11
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Re: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by LordBrettSinclair View Post
    This whole thing kinda exemplifies my love / hate relationship with Omega. The Railmaster and the retro Seamaster reissue are totally on the money, but so many others... aren't, and get so much so wrong. To my eye, obviously, YMMV.

Then again, that stealth-Speedy with the mustard colour indices is a guilty pleasure. And I still lust over the Speedy Mk II reissue with the racing dial.

But at this price, and that godawful Milanese bracelet? This is a big ol' no from me.
    I will admit, at first I didn't mind the Milanese. But the more I see of it, the less it appeals to me.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Christopher Ward uses grade 2 titanium, all real watch companies use 3 or 5. Seriously.

Why can I get a Pelagos with titanium bracelet, a real bracelet, for half this amount?

Something is off here with their logic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    carlhaluss likes this.

I'll get it preowned... Would probably be cheaper than retail that's for sure.
    carlhaluss likes this.
    DW Classic St Mawes/Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega SMP/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra/ΩOmega Seamaster 300MC/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Premium/Steinhart Ocean One 39 Black Ceramic/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So many things with this new Bond watch.

1. First thought was that it didn't look like titanium as the Omega titanium watches that I'm familar with are a darker gray type color.

2. I like the look of it and the coloring and I normally don't like the tropical fake aged look. I remember thinking from the early No Time to Die set pictures posted here that the watch was gold and just because of that I wouldn't want the watch.

3. It seems like they didn't want to go full retro and kept things like the more modern hands and bezel. That's one of those things that will be debatable if Omega went far enough. I'm not sure where I am on that yet. The watch references Bond's first movie, Dr. No on the back. And yet it still has those new hands and bezel. Just kind of strange. I do like the military stuff on the watch. Too bad this wasn't Daniel Craig's first watch. He could have used it throughout his series.

4. I'm still not sold on the bracelet. I don't know if I had a bracelet like that in the past. But I do have a odd feeling seeing it similar to how I felt about small G-Shock buttons.

5. The price I thought was a typo. Going by the recent limited On Her Majesty's Secret Service edition and packaging, I thought I wasn't seeing all the images for this No Time to Die version. Add in the no display back, I knew there had to be more? Change of strap, tools, box, something else included. But I guess this is the final Daniel Craig James Bond movie and titanium premium price upgrade.

Thankfully the watch is not limited so I will check it out one day in stores. If the movie is good and the watch looks nice in person I might consider it. I already have another brand in mind for a Bond watch project and I'm watching to see what kind of variants Timex will bring for their automatic Navi line next year. I'll see how long I can wait on the Omega. And if they quickly announce a reboot to the series and someone like Christopher Nolan is directing, I expect far more attention to details and maybe a singular watch for the whole run like how Connery had the same Rolex for the majority of his movies. I might not need a watch for Daniel Craig's movies then as they don't have the impact for me like the ones from the older actors.

Bond Seamaster Reveal

Regarding the price, it’s priced identically (give or take one or two hundred USD) to the original msrp of the Spectre watch that could be bought from an AD, before selling out.

On the one hand, this makes sense since this new piece fits the same category - seamaster worn in the movie. However, on the other hand, this is not a limited edition piece like the Spectre is.

The Spectre seems to have really held its value... actually appreciated in value - they have all been sold, and second hand prices seem to range from $9k - $13k+, used. I have a feeling this is due to the limited nature of the watch. I’m not sure this new piece will do the same.

On a completely unrelated note, I have been on the list for a Rolex Hulk for about a year now, and should be “next in line”. For about the same msrp (!), I couldn’t take this 007 edition Diver 300 over a Hulk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by SaMaster14; December 6th, 2019 at 01:53.
    carlhaluss likes this.
    ~SaMaster14

Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN
    Omega Seamaster 300 "Spectre" 007 Limited Edition 233.32.41.21.01.001
    Omega Speedmaster Racing (rubber strap, yellow) 326.32..40.50.06.001
     Watch Series 4 - 44mm Stainless Steel & Ceramic (Black) - Sapphire Crystal - GPS+LTE
    Tudor
    1959 Vintage Two-Tone Oyster Prince Automatic - Alligator Strap

I like the modern aesthetic, but the mustard yellow lumes - the fake aged look, i havent grown to. For those thinking of retail vs second hand...go second hand as i dont think this is limited and also omegas in general dont seem to hold their retail values that well (except limited speedmasters/seamasters - especially speedmasters with minor aesthetic differences like the apollo ones or ultraman (i can only dream))

As many have already observed in this thread (and countless others in WUSOF), Omega is obsessed with faux vintage lume. Now it appears that their old bubble-domed crystal (which would be positively delicious on a SM300 reissue, but in sapphire) is a new obsession. This is what, the third or fourth "special edition" to use it?

Don't get me wrong: I really like the whole package ... from a distance. I especially liked that they ditched that crappy neo-wave dial, and the all-brushed finish. But up close, I find myself becoming a tad more critical: the faux lume; the bubble crystal; the cheap-grade titanium for the case and bracelet; and, frankly, the Milanese mesh. DC's well into his 50s now, but I suspect he still thinks of himself as too young for that sort of thing (I think of stooped, overweight retirees with their pants halfway up their chest when I think of Milanese mesh, albeit with gold watches ).

I remain a devoted fan of the SMP. I love my SMPc and wear it probably 60% of the time. But Omega missed some chances to really do this right, especially with the titanium grade (should be 5 at least) and the bracelet (should have been real shark mesh with flattened links like the SM1200, but with the SM1200's ratcheting clasp AND they should have added custom-fitted endlinks to shield the raw edges of the mesh at the watchhead.

DC is making so much money for this, the last James Bond movie, that he'd wear a chicken suit if it were required, so putting on a reasonably acceptable watch (even one that is too big for his wrist) would not be a deal-breaker.
    Datejust 116233Datejust 16233Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 T035.410.11.051.00

Awww it would have been perfect for me if it came on the regular Seamaster bracelet :(
    Awesome release tho!!

Some real life photos from Monochrome; the lume doesn't appear quite so dark/aged.

I really like the use of titanium, but would much prefer a standard SMPc in titanium with titanium bracelet.

Name:  Omega-Seamaster-Diver-300M-007-Edition-210.90.42.20.01.001-12.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  292.8 KBName:  Omega-Seamaster-Diver-300M-007-Edition-210.90.42.20.01.001-8.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  250.9 KB
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Cheers,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryD View Post
    Some real life photos from Monochrome; the lume doesn't appear quite so dark/aged.

I really like the use of titanium, but would much prefer a standard SMPc in titanium with titanium bracelet.

Name:  Omega-Seamaster-Diver-300M-007-Edition-210.90.42.20.01.001-12.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  292.8 KBName:  Omega-Seamaster-Diver-300M-007-Edition-210.90.42.20.01.001-8.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  250.9 KB
    I noticed these pics as well. Possibly in a bright light or with a flash. I know when I take pics of my Railmaster Trilogy with the faux patina it looks a lot lighter. Well, I guess I have to see it in real life. At least since it's not a limited edition, we now have the luxury of at least seeing it before committing. Even with the high price tag, if the lume really looks like this, I might consider it.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information