Bond Seamaster Reveal - Page 12
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Re: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. For me, personally, I love it. It works in nearly every single way (except for the mesh bracelet and the price). Looking forward to seeing one in person (and the movie too!).
    vergos_j likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Nope, HE makes it what it is

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Nope, HE makes it what it is
    Agree to disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Manufacturers really need to get the color right on the aged lume. I think the color is perfect on the 300mc (no orange, a little cream) while the Pelogos is too yellow, and looks like it was soaked in urine. This Seamaster looks like it went more orange for a greater aged look, like the photo below. I like it, but I won't be buying it. In a small collection I don't see myself wanting more than one watch with faux patina.

Attachment 14680295
    THATS WHAT IT REMINDS ME OF! the Rolex from Dr No

I did not read all 12 pages of this, so excuse me if it was already mentioned. Since I didn't see any serial numbers on the lugs in the pictures, I assumed that they were somewhere in all of the engraving on the back of the case. I found the below info on the net about what the engravings mean. I imagine they will be on the lug as always when they release this.

The numbers on the case back which follow the format for genuine military- issue watches. “0552” is the code-number specified for Navy personnel, with “923 7697” being the number for a divers’ watch. The letter “A” is a code used to signify a watch with a screw-in crown, while “007” is James Bond’s iconic agent number. Finally, the number “62” is the year of the very first James Bond film.

The pics from Monochrome make it look less bad. Still, the bracelet looks like and aftermarket afterthought and the faux military markings just come off as silly. Of course, it's all pretend though. Faux secret agent, faux lume, faux military, and faux fade and faux worn bezel and dial and case in twenty years. Oh, and 9200.00? There are a boatload of watches I'd rather have for that money.

Guess I won't be invited to any Bond parties anytime soon. I'm ok with that.
    carlhaluss and iinsic like this.

Kinda cool, but $9,200 is out of the question. It retails for more than a new Submariner. I would rather buy 2 stainless steel SMPs.

Well, as you guys all know, over the years, or decades actually, I have been a staunch supporter of Omega. Even during times when I have started to doubt them myself. One might even say, one of the most loyal fans on this forum. Lots of it is for the emotional side, watching the Moon Landing with my Dad and my family having worn Omega watches over the years. But one can only turn the other cheek for so long.

This Seamaster 300M 007 Edition is a rip-off to not just me, but to a loyal client base. I just feel I can no longer support the brand. They do make very good watches. But so do other companies. I donít mind spending good money, but when I feel I am being taken advantage of or ripped off, I have to get out.

The sale of my Trilogy pieces and my FOIS will go a long way to funding another watch, maybe even two or maybe one expensive one. But they will have to be watches where I can see honest value.

Basically, I am done with Omega. I have had tons of fun along the way, but itís time to move on. I have made a few lifelong friends at the Omega Boutique who will always be my friends regardless. And same goes for my friends on this forum.

Cheers,
    Carl
    hugof3C likes this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    Well, as you guys all know, over the years, or decades actually, I have been a staunch supporter of Omega. Even during times when I have started to doubt them myself. One might even say, one of the most loyal fans on this forum. Lots of it is for the emotional side, watching the Moon Landing with my Dad and my family having worn Omega watches over the years. But one can only turn the other cheek for so long.

This Seamaster 300M 007 Edition is a rip-off to not just me, but to a loyal client base. I just feel I can no longer support the brand. They do make very good watches. But so do other companies. I don’t mind spending good money, but when I feel I am being taken advantage of or ripped off, I have to get out.

The sale of my Trilogy pieces and my FOIS will go a long way to funding another watch, maybe even two or maybe one expensive one. But they will have to be watches where I can see honest value.

Basically, I am done with Omega. I have had tons of fun along the way, but it’s time to move on. I have made a few lifelong friends at the Omega Boutique who will always be my friends regardless. And same goes for my friends on this forum.

Cheers,
    Carl
    ...I mean, you could also just not buy this watch and continue to enjoy the ones you have, right?
    Instagram: @watchonmywrist

En cas d'absence, je ne suis pas lŗ. Si vous n'Ítes pas lŗ non plus, il n'y a personne.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post

This Seamaster 300M 007 Edition is a rip-off to not just me, but to a loyal client base. I just feel I can no longer support the brand. They do make very good watches. But so do other companies. I donít mind spending good money, but when I feel I am being taken advantage of or ripped off, I have to get out.

Basically, I am done with Omega. I have had tons of fun along the way, but itís time to move on. I have made a few lifelong friends at the Omega Boutique who will always be my friends regardless. And same goes for my friends on this forum.

Cheers,
    Carl
    can't say I'm with you regarding this particular trigger,
    except, of course, if the pricing was the proverbial straw,
    but, for different reasons, they've managed to estrange me also.
    carlhaluss likes this.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information