Bond Seamaster Reveal - Page 15
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Yes, if this had sword hands like 2254.50 and an OG shark mesh, I’d be as giddy as Carl in his first post 😂

Re: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Each to their own yet it does seem like a bit of an overreaction to get out of the brand because one model is being sold overpriced.
    I agree. And admittedly, I am one of those who did overreact. Although I still stand by my convictions as far as the new model, once again, I will not give up on Omega completely. So many years, so many watches, and so many friends, just because I love the brand. And I did have a damn good time at the Vancouver Omega Boutique Christmas Party on Thursday night!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Betterthere, NMGE17 and solesman like this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

^that's the spirit.
    carlhaluss and solesman like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It’s fine looking.

BUT I have several issues with movie marked watches as they are “make-believe” characters like the actors.

In the beginning, Bond (or I should say the writer Ian Fleming) chose Rolex, Rolex didn’t choose him. Rolex was/is a real tool watch for adventurers, divers and with authentic military history, and at the time it was the best.

This new Omega watch is based and shamelessly marketed on imaginary heritage with faux markings of a imaginary character all packaged nicely for $9200. Just seems like a poser watch. Omega PAID the movie studio to be a Bond watch....lame.

The watch would be more attractive as a stand alone piece, with the Bond designations left off. That should have been the standard new redesigned Seamaster to start with.

No thanks.
    Last edited by Scout; December 7th, 2019 at 20:24.
    When some a wild-eyed 8 foot tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar room wall and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asked you if you’ve paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye and you remember what ol’ Jack Burton always says at a time like that: Have you paid your dues Jack? “Yessir the check is in the mail”

Current lineup: ROLEX 126600 Sea-Dweller red-Line. Casio GPR-B1000. Seiko SKX007. Casio PRW-2500. Casio PAW-1500.

Anyone know if they will sell the nato strap? I think it’ll look stellar on my Spectre!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    carlhaluss likes this.
    ~SaMaster14

Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN
    Omega Seamaster 300 "Spectre" 007 Limited Edition 233.32.41.21.01.001
    Omega Speedmaster Racing (rubber strap, yellow) 326.32..40.50.06.001
     Watch Series 4 - 44mm Stainless Steel & Ceramic (Black) - Sapphire Crystal - GPS+LTE
    Tudor
    1959 Vintage Two-Tone Oyster Prince Automatic - Alligator Strap

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    Anyone know if they will sell the nato strap? I think it’ll look stellar on my Spectre!

I read on one of the reviews that the NATO is sold as a separate model, and the strap will not fit on the model with the mesh bracelet . This was not a review done by Omega, so I don't know about the accuracy. Sounds a bit far-fetched to me, but you never know.

When I select the mesh bracelet model, and scroll down, it gives the option of selecting any NATO strap, but the 007 NATO is not there.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Last edited by carlhaluss; December 8th, 2019 at 02:32.
    SaMaster14 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    I read on one of the reviews that the NATO is sold as a separate model, and the strap will not fit on the model with the mesh bracelet . This was not a review done by Omega, so I don't know about the accuracy. Sounds a bit far-fetched to me, but you never know.

When I select the mesh bracelet model, and scroll down, it gives the option of selecting any NATO strap, but the 007 NATO is not there.

Cheers,
    Carl
    They may do what they did with the Spectre model - the "Spectre" themed nato strap was not available to purchase separately at first, but now it is sold, for $160, just like any other strap (if it has the "007" engraving on the loop, I'm not sure, however I doubt it).

Regarding this piece and the NATO vs. mesh versions, they are sold as different models (and there is actually an $800 difference!), but Omega has done this before (e.g., the old Speedmaster racing was offered with a rubber strap and a steel bracelet - the rubber version was $100 cheaper, or something like that).

In my opinion, if someone purchases the $9200 model, limited edition or not, it seems to be a slight to the customer that they wouldn't include both straps (the Spectre watch came with both a steel bracelet and the signature NATO strap worn in the movie, plus some other goodies - an all around great bundle for the price; definitely more "worth it")

After seeing this piece, being worn in the movie or not, I'm actually much more drawn to the "James Bond" limited edition Diver 300 for about ~$3k less!
    carlhaluss and om3ga_fan like this.
    ~SaMaster14

 Watch Series 4 - 44mm Stainless Steel & Ceramic (Black) - Sapphire Crystal - GPS+LTE
    Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    They may do what they did with the Spectre model - the "Spectre" themed nato strap was not available to purchase separately at first, but now it is sold, for $160, just like any other strap (if it has the "007" engraving on the loop, I'm not sure, however I doubt it).

Regarding this piece and the NATO vs. mesh versions, they are sold as different models (and there is actually an $800 difference!), but Omega has done this before (e.g., the old Speedmaster racing was offered with a rubber strap and a steel bracelet - the rubber version was $100 cheaper, or something like that).

In my opinion, if someone purchases the $9200 model, limited edition or not, it seems to be a slight to the customer that they wouldn't include both straps (the Spectre watch came with both a steel bracelet and the signature NATO strap worn in the movie, plus some other goodies - an all around great bundle for the price; definitely more "worth it")

After seeing this piece, being worn in the movie or not, I'm actually much more drawn to the "James Bond" limited edition Diver 300 for about ~$3k less!
    Well, I haven’t seen the 007 yet, nor has anyone else, but I saw the James Bond, and have to say it doesn’t work for me even though it is less expensive.

I actually had a conversation today at the Boutique about the 007, and expressed my displeasure about a couple of features, one of which is the price. Definitely, the NATO strap should be included in a package with the titanium mesh strap. Even if that was the case, however, the value is still not there. Not by any stretch of the imagination. To me, the key word is “value” and not price. I have, and likely will in the future, spend even more money on a watch, but not if I feel the value is not there. On the other hand, I realize that others might see a value in this watch, for whatever reason they feel personally. I hope it does turn out to be a success for Omega. Unfortunately, although I will continue to support the brand, their credibility has definitely slipped in my eyes.

Cheers,
    Carl
    SaMaster14 likes this.

I agree.

For the Spectre piece, which I own and love, they made it a limited edition, and added functionality over the base Seamaster 300 - raised the magnetic resistance, half-gmt function (bezel is a bi-directional moving bezel counting 0-11) instead of the generic diving timer bezel, included both a limited nato strap and bracelet, etc). And the watch has “value”. From what I’ve seen, on the used market (since they were all sold quite quickly), I’m seeing prices that are still $4k over msrp, 5 years later.

This piece doesn’t seem to add much over the base titanium piece other than the design, and isn’t limited at all. The only “cool” factor is that Craig will wear one in the movie.

The other “007” limited edition watch probably won’t be featured in the movie, and I think it looks good (and isn’t too overdone with Bond inscriptions as many of the other limited edition pieces are).

This is all moot for me, personally. I’m going to continue wearing my Spectre piece in my rotation (I really do love the watch), but most likely won’t ever own an Omega 300 Diver - they are too similar to Rolex’s submariner, and I’m on the short list for a Hulk.

carlhaluss likes this.
    ~SaMaster14

Tudor

For some reviewers of earlier Omega/Bond watches with obvious 007 references on the watch the fact it was just a themed watch did not work and they preferred to get a model matching one worn in the filming. This apparently does that so perhaps will appeal more to those people - and they won’t be as bothered by the price if they really want it.

Nigel
    carlhaluss likes this.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information