Bond Seamaster Reveal - Page 17
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Re: Bond Seamaster Reveal

The faux patina craze is getting a bit out of hand haha. But it's actually a really nice looking watch, love the symbol at the bottom of the dial, and the lume on the bezel is sexy. It has a HUGE pricetag though. $13kAUD at RRP here in Aus, don't know if I could stomach that, even with a discount.

Still, really nice looking watch

Quote Originally Posted by dayman-v-nightman View Post
    The faux patina craze is getting a bit out of hand haha. But it's actually a really nice looking watch, love the symbol at the bottom of the dial, and the lume on the bezel is sexy. It has a HUGE pricetag though. $13kAUD at RRP here in Aus, don't know if I could stomach that, even with a discount.

Still, really nice looking watch
    Unless anyone is in a rush to get it, the best is to get it preowned to avoid paying the full price. And since its not a limited edition, the price will surely depreciate over time.
    DW Classic St Mawes/Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega SMP/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra/ΩOmega Seamaster 300MC/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Premium/Steinhart Ocean One 39 Black Ceramic/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

Looks better on black rubber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    boatswain, spidaman and rjohnson56 like this.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bond Seamaster Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by imranbecks View Post
    Unless anyone is in a rush to get it, the best is to get it preowned to avoid paying the full price. And since its not a limited edition, the price will surely depreciate over time.
    Even then, other pre-owned SMPs will be available for a discount too. So the watch will still be too expensive for what it is.

This watch is more expensive than an SMP titanium chronograph and Planet Ocean titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz44 View Post
    I am torn between shelling out £7k for this or keeping this one and just letting it age.

The issue I have with this new Bond watch is itís an SMP but they seem to be passing this watch off as a military issue tool watch (with the crows foot and serial numbers on the back. If so like my SM300 it would be better served with broad arrow hands and serrated bezel not escaloped (a real requirement for diving or when wearing gloves). If it had been close to the black SMP of yester year I may have been sold.

I will wait to see it in person but may get the Ti mesh for my TI POís to mix it up a bit.

Cheers
    Baz, keep the SM300 and donít worry about this new one. Yes, as a fellow Bond fan, I understand the allure of this new model, but it seems to be a missed opportunity in some ways to create a definitive Bond watch. Should have had sword hands;

Name:  099AD3EF-6258-44FA-813C-31B63D1A2753.jpeg
Views: 83
Size:  459.1 KB

Sure, the Brosnan Bond watch design has been strong over the years, but Gentaís bezel design has dated somewhat, as have the skeleton hands. Donít get me wrong, itís a classic design, but it does smack of the Ď90s. Iím certain that Universal Geneve used similar handsets on a watch from around 1991, if memory serves.

Yes, keep the SM300 and spend another six or twelve months mulling over this new Bond watch.
    If you must.

Name:  34D57E3D-822B-4D3B-85B8-37E12D513897.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  49.3 KB
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by teeritz View Post
    Baz, keep the SM300 and donít worry about this new one. Yes, as a fellow Bond fan, I understand the allure of this new model, but it seems to be a missed opportunity in some ways to create a definitive Bond watch. Should have had sword hands;

Name:  099AD3EF-6258-44FA-813C-31B63D1A2753.jpeg
Views: 83
Size:  459.1 KB

Sure, the Brosnan Bond watch design has been strong over the years, but Gentaís bezel design has dated somewhat, as have the skeleton hands. Donít get me wrong, itís a classic design, but it does smack of the Ď90s. Iím certain that Universal Geneve used similar handsets on a watch from around 1991, if memory serves.

Yes, keep the SM300 and spend another six or twelve months mulling over this new Bond watch.
    If you must.

Name:  34D57E3D-822B-4D3B-85B8-37E12D513897.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  49.3 KB
    For some reason this reminds me of a Doxa Sub 200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I look at this watch, the more I appreciate the 300mc. No date, matte dial, however, the color of the aged lume appears more creamy and less orange. Additionally, the bezel uses a silver font and the smaller numerals which gives it a more classic look. The font on the SMP feels appears very modern and, for me, creates a conflict with the vintage colored lume. I still think it's a cool watch, however, I am very quite satisfied with the 300mc I already own.

Name:  SM300 01.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  297.5 KB
    SaMaster14 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    The more I look at this watch, the more I appreciate the 300mc. No date, matte dial, however, the color of the aged lume appears more creamy and less orange. Additionally, the bezel uses a silver font and the smaller numerals which gives it a more classic look. The font on the SMP feels appears very modern and, for me, creates a conflict with the vintage colored lume. I still think it's a cool watch, however, I am very quite satisfied with the 300mc I already own.

Name:  SM300 01.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  297.5 KB
    It also seems to be the better ďBondĒ watch. I think Omega hit it out of the park with the Spectre version (Iím super biased because I own one, but itís just such a versatile piece for a ďtoolĒ watch).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Perseus likes this.
    ~SaMaster14

Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN
    Omega Seamaster 300 "Spectre" 007 Limited Edition 233.32.41.21.01.001
    Omega Speedmaster Racing (rubber strap, yellow) 326.32..40.50.06.001
     Watch Series 4 - 44mm Stainless Steel & Ceramic (Black) - Sapphire Crystal - GPS+LTE
    Tudor
    1959 Vintage Two-Tone Oyster Prince Automatic - Alligator Strap

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    It also seems to be the better “Bond” watch. I think Omega hit it out of the park with the Spectre version (I’m super biased because I own one, but it’s just such a versatile piece for a “tool” watch).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Best Bond watch is still the original. Rather unique they promoted the Quartz

Name:  goldeneye_omega_pierce.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  147.5 KB

double post

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information