Bond Seamaster Reveal - Page 19
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Re: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
    Christopher Ward uses grade 2 titanium, all real watch companies use 3 or 5. Seriously.

Why can I get a Pelagos with titanium bracelet, a real bracelet, for half this amount?

Something is off here with their logic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Unless the grade is stated I assume grade 2. The Tudor Pelagos is grade 2 and Omega uses grade 5 on the PO. Grade 2 may have been used for the dull matte finish.
    solesman likes this.

It is grade 2. Says on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Unless the grade is stated I assume grade 2. The Tudor Pelagos is grade 2 and Omega uses grade 5 on the PO. Grade 2 may have been used for the dull matte finish.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Quote Originally Posted by teeritz View Post
    A slightly smaller case would be nice, too, but I'd imagine that this would bloat the overall size of the watch due to Omega movements not exactly being slim.
    Tino, Omega uses the new cal. 8800 in SMPs now, which is the same diameter as the cal. 2500 and only a half-millimeter thicker. It looks positively tiny inside an open 42mm SMP. It would fit fine in a 36.25mm midsize SMP ... IF they would update the midsize.

When I saw this watch - and the price - I started feeling better about the BB58 (and the only real objection I have ever had to that watch is the faux riveted bracelet). The BB58 might be faux vintage, but at least it looks like its direct antecedent (right down to those ratty rivets). Moreover, it is made of steel, so none of that "plasticky" feel of titanium. And, at ø39mm, it is a much more reasonable size for everyday wear than the 42mm SMP. I think it's even slightly thinner than the SMP.
    Datejust 116233Datejust 16233Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 T035.410.11.051.00

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Terribly overpriced for the Bond novelty, but based on the trailer the movie will be junk.
    pdaigle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iinsic View Post
    Tino, Omega uses the new cal. 8800 in SMPs now, which is the same diameter as the cal. 2500 and only a half-millimeter thicker. It looks positively tiny inside an open 42mm SMP. It would fit fine in a 36.25mm midsize SMP ... IF they would update the midsize.

When I saw this watch - and the price - I started feeling better about the BB58 (and the only real objection I have ever had to that watch is the faux riveted bracelet). The BB58 might be faux vintage, but at least it looks like its direct antecedent (right down to those ratty rivets). Moreover, it is made of steel, so none of that "plasticky" feel of titanium. And, at ø39mm, it is a much more reasonable size for everyday wear than the 42mm SMP. I think it's even slightly thinner than the SMP.
    Tried one on last week in Charleston. very disappointing just felt tiny. No pop.
    iinsic likes this.
    BrOoO

Rob, I hope you're well.

Been a while since I paid close attention to Omega calibres. I still love the brand, but it's not as high up my ladder as it used to be due to the steady and (for me) unachievable pricing of the last five years or so. Nice to know that the movements have gotten slimmer.

Regarding the BB58, I've had my name on a waiting list for the last four or five months. Tried it on last month when I FINALLY saw one in the metal. I'd begun to suspect that the watch didn't actually exist and that every photo that I saw of it online was one part of a big Photoshop conspiracy.
    Happy to say that I liked how it sat on my (even thinner) wrist, despite the very slim possibility that the blade of the inner clasp section may be longer than the curve of my wrist.
    Suppose I'll find out soon enough when my reserved model comes in.

Back to this new Bond watch, I still think sword hands were the way to go. That's perhaps my one main quibble/gripe about it.
    Would have given the watch a much bolder look.
    iinsic and pdaigle like this.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

Not the current/latest Bond Seamaster but two solid veterans.

My 2541.80 (left) just returned from Archer (THANK YOU!). A few weeks back I dropped it and it stopped working. Was overdue for a service anyway, so in it went. Back today looking fantastic. Archer, as always, does impeccable work. This was my first Omega ~almost 19 years ago. The 2531.80 was added later. I usually keep one on the bracelet and the other on a variety of straps. Both watches are quite sentimental to me.

As for the new 007 timepiece... I have a feeling I will be more interested in the newest Aqua Terra that looks to be seen in the Matera scenes. The SMP is lovely but overpriced for what you’re getting. I’ll stick with my conventional black 2018 SMP.

Cheers all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pdaigle and mjrchabot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by teeritz View Post
    Regarding the BB58, I've had my name on a waiting list for the last four or five months. Tried it on last month when I FINALLY saw one in the metal. I'd begun to suspect that the watch didn't actually exist and that every photo that I saw of it online was one part of a big Photoshop conspiracy.
    Happy to say that I liked how it sat on my (even thinner) wrist, despite the very slim possibility that the blade of the inner clasp section may be longer than the curve of my wrist.
    Suppose I'll find out soon enough when my reserved model comes in.
    I've toyed with simply getting a BB58 on a strap, and picking up Strapcode's custom-fitted oyster (oops ... I mean Super O-Boyer ) bracelet. No rivets. But...

Tudor did take something of a hit in my esteem when I learned that their much-hawked two-tone offerings were not, in fact, really stainless and 18k gold. It seems that all of the gold bits are what we in the US refer to as "gold-filled" ("gold-capped" in the EU, I think). You will not find a whisper about that in any official Tudor literature or websites, but there it is. Can you imagine paying thousands of dollars (or pounds) for a Tudor "gold" watch, and one day seeing that the "gold" has worn off areas most exposed to wear? One could buy a Stauer, which is "richly layered in solid gold," for much, much less, and the result would be the same ... a relegation to the sock drawer.
    Datejust 116233Datejust 16233Ω SMPc 212.30.36.20.01.002DOXA SUB1000T Project Aware 23/92 T035.410.11.051.00

I've toyed with simply getting a BB58 on a strap, and picking up Strapcode's custom-fitted oyster (oops ... I mean Super O-Boyer ) bracelet. No rivets. But...

Tudor did take something of a hit in my esteem when I learned that their much-hawked two-tone offerings were not, in fact, really stainless and 18k gold. It seems that all of the gold bits are what we in the US refer to as "gold-filled" ("gold-capped" in the EU, I think). You will not find a whisper about that in any official Tudor literature or websites, but there it is. Can you imagine paying thousands of dollars (or pounds) for a Tudor "gold" watch, and one day seeing that the "gold" has worn off areas most exposed to wear? One could buy a Stauer, which is "richly layered in solid gold," for much, much less, and the result would be the same ... a relegation to the sock drawer.
    To be fair, the end links and bezel of the Tudor S&G are solid gold, and there is a considerable amount of gold on the crown and links. I've read that the total amount of gold by weight is more than on a five-digit two-tone Datejust.

Seriously that's quite a rip off.
    iinsic likes this.
    BrOoO

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information