Bond Seamaster Reveal - Page 3
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Re: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Looks the biz, and I like the matte black dial.
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Current collection:
    Breitling Avenger II GMT
    Longines Hydroconquest L888
    Seiko Champion Calendar

Wishlist:
    Omega Planet Ocean

Looks pretty sweet. I suspect it would look much better in person, as with most watches.

Disappointed at the generic-looking solid cashback.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

A big price increase for weaker lume and no display back.
    IG~ @whisky_sith

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am sold! Just by the photos, I can say this is my favorite Omega so far. The solid case back is the final feature which really sold me. It ain't cheap, it is going to be over 11 grand here in Canada. More than worth it to me. This is the "If I can have only one Omega....". Even though it's non limited, called the local Boutique to secure one.

Months ago, I put a deposit on the new 60th Anniversary Speedmaster, then decided it wasn't for me. Then I deferred the deposit to the James Bond Limited Edition, which I also declined. I finally ended up getting a FOIS, which I don't regret. But I don't need to think twice about this one.

Very glad to see that they are making this one non-limited. A refreshing change, and I think that fact will make them a lot of fans.

Again, I am absolutely delighted that one Seamaster 300 has a SOLID CASE BACK

Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Another big selling feature for me: NO DATE
    asadtiger and Perseus like this.

Ever since seeing some leaks, I have really been anticipating this watch. I actually have been delaying purchasing the standard version blue dial SM 300, which I love save for the date window, until this came out.

Some quick thoughts:

1. The $9K price tag is steep even considering the titanium. The SM A-11 50th LE was roughly the same price except it had precious metals, was limited in number and is arguably Omega's biggest release in several years. For a non-limited movie release without any precious metal, I am surprised. Different watches but essentially the same price as a Pepsi GMT (if you could get one).

2. I am so so over this fauxtina craze. However, as someone else stated, it works nicely with the military aesthetic of the watch. This watch screams summer to me and begs to be out in sunlight. With the mesh bracelet and brown details, it captures a really nice vintage feel.

3. The fact that the dial and aluminum fade are big wins.

4. I love how subdued the watch is otherwise, especially as compared to the most recent nonsensical Bond x Omega release.

5. That lume is awesome.
    carlhaluss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Just me that thinks it's quite horrible then?
    Definitely not just you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TSC, jlczl, sculder and 1 others like this.
    my positive feedback - search "omega1300" in the feedback forum!

Quote Originally Posted by joseph80 View Post
    A big price increase for weaker lume and no display back.
    Doesn’t look weak to me..

Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Bond Seamaster Reveal

I have several Omegas...some with/without dates...and with/wout see through casebacks. Either option has never been a deal breaker for me. If anything I prefer a see thru caseback, but I don’t get the huge issue some people have with a date window. If it’s subtle it is OK by me. Everyone has own taste though ;)

I really like the new Bond25 watch except the bracelet and faux patina. Patina can look ok with right strap but no way with that bracelet. Looks like something from scarface or a mafia movie. Does it come with another strap? I still prefer my Bond LE that released last month.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoKing View Post
    Ever since seeing some leaks, I have really been anticipating this watch. I actually have been delaying purchasing the standard version blue dial SM 300, which I love save for the date window, until this came out.

Some quick thoughts:

1. The $9K price tag is steep even considering the titanium. The SM A-11 50th LE was roughly the same price except it had precious metals, was limited in number and is arguably Omega's biggest release in several years. For a non-limited movie release without any precious metal, I am surprised. Different watches but essentially the same price as a Pepsi GMT (if you could get one).

2. I am so so over this fauxtina craze. However, as someone else stated, it works nicely with the military aesthetic of the watch. This watch screams summer to me and begs to be out in sunlight. With the mesh bracelet and brown details, it captures a really nice vintage feel.

3. The fact that the dial and aluminum fade are big wins.

4. I love how subdued the watch is otherwise, especially as compared to the most recent nonsensical Bond x Omega release.

5. That lume is awesome.
    Well said! While I do agree it is a pretty steep price, I guess it all depends if it's worth it to you or not. In my case, I am more than willing to pay the price. Same here with the fauxtina craze.

It actually is a reason that I am selling all of my Trilogy watches (not the set, I bought them individually). In this case, however, the fauxtina is so well done, and definitely suits the watch beautifully.

I was delighted to see the solid case back (I have yet to work out what all the numbers and letters mean), as in old military watches. No date, and love that it has an aluminum bezel. I am starting to get tired of the ceramic craze.

The bracelet looks like a work of art, and specially developed for this watch. All these specials like the bracelet (titanium), case (titanium) all cost money in research and development, and of course gets passed on to us!

This might well end up being my only Omega.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Betterthere likes this.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information