Bond Seamaster Reveal - Page 4
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by MustangMike View Post
    I have several Omegas...some with/without dates...and with/wout see through casebacks. Either option has never been a deal breaker for me. If anything I prefer a see thru caseback, but I don’t get the huge issue some people have with a date window. If it’s subtle it is OK by me. Everyone has own taste though ;)

I really like the new Bond25 watch except the bracelet and faux patina. Patina can look ok with right strap but no way with that bracelet. Looks like something from scarface or a mafia movie. Does it come with another strap? I still prefer my Bond LE that released last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s also available on a NATO strap.

Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Doesn’t look weak to me..

Not weak at all. And even the bezel is lumed! Looks like they left the lume off the minute hand on this prototype though!
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Countdown clock on story on their Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/omega/?hl=en

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love it. Love the no date and solid case back. Aesthetically one of my favorite Omega watches yet. Don’t love the clasp they used for the mesh strap. No minor adjustments it looks like. I’ve got that clasp on my speedy leather and can’t get a good fit.

Not a fan of the switch to titanium because it jacks the price up way too much. I’ll probably hold out for the white SMP. This might be too similar to my Pelagos LHD as well.
    Tudor Pelagos LHD
    Omega Seamaster 300 MC Titanium
    Omega Seamaster Pro Ceramic
    Omega Speedmaster Professional

Bond Seamaster Reveal

I must say....for someone who loves the Seamaster, that’s a really unattractive “Bond Watch”.

No wave dial after you finally brought them back.

Fauxtina lume has never looked good and this has a lot of it - bezel included. Much like the BB58.

The movement is actually beautiful on these and one where I really enjoy the display caseback.

Titanium is cool, but I just don’t know about the bracelet. Somehow they work well on the Breitling SoH - not so much here. I do like the NATO though (but I don’t know how well it would work on other watches).

As well, according to Hodinkee,

“the dial and bezel are made from an Omega-specific form of lightweight anodized aluminum and Omega has confirmed that both elements will fade over time.”

So....ok. You design the line to maintain it’s good looks over time with a ceramic bezel and dial, but then for twice the price, it can fade like the old ones? The whole thing just seems like the ultimate “cash in on the current collector craze” for tropical dials / patina etc.

Fortunately, I have absolutely zero desire to own one! I will happily take my blue, non-fauxtina, wave dial every time!

TSC and jlczl like this.
    my positive feedback - search "omega1300" in the feedback forum!

It’s also available on a NATO strap.

Thanks! I see the pic...some previous pics by others weren’t coming through on this app. I probably missed the nato pic earlier.

Looks good. But way too much patina for me. Just doing the circle indices in it would have been fine.

Enjoy to any who get their hands on one!

I don't care for the price but I really am liking what I am seeing so far! I know the HE crown isn't going anywhere, but quite frankly if it was removed, it would look amazing to me. I certainly need to see this in person.

Talking of NATO’s.....

Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Upon first sight, I dig it. Came here expecting to see mostly hate but it seems mixed. I am personally not dismayed by fauxtina, mostly because I've always chose to look at it as simply tan lume. I like earth colors and I see no reason why all lume needs to be white. They tie it in nicely using the tan stripe on the NATO and I think we can all agree that is not some attempt to be "faux-dingy".

Don't get me wrong, I understand why people dislike fauxtina, and I realize that it is most often an attempt to falsely replicate the look of aged lume. I'm just saying that I don't mind it on some watches when it is well executed, especially in cases like this watch where it makes for an overall aesthetically pleasing result. I won't be rushing out to buy this one or anything, but I certainly admire it and look forward to seeing it in the flesh. I'm just glad it doesn't have a rifled pattern on the dial or is not otherwise inundated with corny 007 emblems and references. I like this as a stand-alone watch irrespective of the Bond association. Also good to see that it's not limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    Upon first sight, I dig it. Came here expecting to see mostly hate but it seems mixed. I am personally not dismayed by fauxtina, mostly because I've always chose to look at it as simply tan lume. I like earth colors and I see no reason why all lume needs to be white. They tie it in nicely using the tan stripe on the NATO and I think we can all agree that is not some attempt to be "faux-dingy".

Don't get me wrong, I understand why people dislike fauxtina, and I realize that it is most often an attempt to falsely replicate the look of aged lume. I'm just saying that I don't mind it on some watches when it is well executed, especially in cases like this watch where it makes for an overall aesthetically pleasing result. I won't be rushing out to buy this one or anything, but I certainly admire it and look forward to seeing it in the flesh. I'm just glad it doesn't have a rifled pattern on the dial or is not otherwise inundated with corny 007 emblems and references. I like this as a stand-alone watch irrespective of the Bond association. Also good to see that it's not limited.
    Hit the nail on the head perfectly

Dan

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast