Bond Seamaster Reveal - Page 7
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoCastellanos View Post
    It's nice enough, but for the price increase you're getting a worse watch overall. Having aluminum instead of ceramic, while it might look cool, is undoubtedly worse. They could've gone with a matte ceramic. Then they get rid of the display back, which is fine, but they don't even update it with a new hippocampus or anything, just a boring caseback.

They ditch the gorgeous bracelet and offer the Milanese, which while looking decent is very clearly another downgrade.

Titanium is cool, but when other features are worse than the standard Seamaster, that price hike is ludicrous.
    This 100%^^^

I like the look of it (apart from the bracelet), and the domed sapphire looks great, but scratchy-scratch-prone Grade 2 titanium plus a fade/scratch-prone aluminium bezel insert, and all for more than twice the price of the standard verison. Hmmmmmmm....

When it first came out I initially thought the 43mm ceramic cased/grade 5 ti version was way over-priced, but in comparison to this one it's a positive bargain! I dunno what Omega are smoking with their pricing at times.
    joseph80, 1165dvd and avalvo like this.
    Driver 8

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoCastellanos View Post
    It's nice enough, but for the price increase you're getting a worse watch overall. Having aluminum instead of ceramic, while it might look cool, is undoubtedly worse. They could've gone with a matte ceramic. Then they get rid of the display back, which is fine, but they don't even update it with a new hippocampus or anything, just a boring caseback.

They ditch the gorgeous bracelet and offer the Milanese, which while looking decent is very clearly another downgrade.
    Some good points here I didn’t previously consider. I think it’s a very nice looking watch but agree with the above but for the Milanese bracelet, which I love.

It’s moot but if you were going to create a vintage watch with an aluminum bezel that ages, why make an already aged looking lume? Pick a side basically - faux or not.

Someone mentioned above, but agree a smaller case size would have gone a long way to capture the vintage feel. Why I love my Oris 65.

Same watch in 7K range with a matte ceramic bezel would have been perfect. No watch is ever truly flawless and exactly the way I would have designed it, but $9K puts this watch in the same category with some very heavy hitters and I don’t know if it measures up. Price aside, I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    carlhaluss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver.8 View Post
    This 100%^^^

I like the look of it (apart from the bracelet), and the domed sapphire looks great, but scratchy-scratch-prone Grade 2 titanium plus a fade/scratch-prone aluminium bezel insert, and all for more than twice the price of the standard verison. Hmmmmmmm....

When it first came out I initially thought the 43mm ceramic cased/grade 5 ti version was way over-priced, but in comparison to this one it's a positive bargain! I dunno what Omega are smoking with their pricing at times.

I also agree. Too many downgrades to justify that kind of price. That's Rolex Hulk/Batman/Pepsi msrp.(once the bubble bursts)
    IG~ @whisky_sith

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think the watch looks amazing. As someone else mentioned, the colour of the lume is just that... colour. I really don’t get why it should always be white. If the watch had white lume, ceramic bezel, wave dial, display back and a regular bracelet it would be a standard smp.
    I for one, am glad to see a unique take on a watch I love.

Now the price, that’s something I can’t defend!

$9,200.00USD (on bracelet) is a hefty price for an SMP. In comparison:

• Regular SMP: $5,200.00USD
    • Titanium Chrono SMP: $7,800.00USD

They figured out if they give Bond a unique watch, not one from the regular Omega collection, they can jack up the price.

The watch looks more tool-like that the standard SMP lineup, I like that.
    The colours give it a vintage look, very nice.

Far better than the 007 LE.

At first, no wave-dail gave me mixed feelings. I conclude this watch, it its design, quite possibly looks better than it would with a wave dial. I think its the vintage feel it gives, the wave dial wouldn't go as well on this one.
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; December 5th, 2019 at 09:38.
    Perseus likes this.

I have a feeling that titanium mesh bracelet is gonna be the thing to make me want it once I try it on.

It's okay. I wouldn't buy one in a month of Sundays, and I would never wear a Milanese bracelet, but it's okay (the NATO straps are good, but I'd never drop this money on a watch with a bracelet I actively dislike). It's better than some of their other 007-themed watches.

And I'll just come out and say it - I quite like fauxtina. There's a time and a place for it, and generally it's on watches like this.
    The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

B79

I really like the look of this watch.

- Lume comes in a spectrum of colours and I love this combo.
    - Matte dial, brushed hands and matching applied markers comes together well. Never liked the wave dial (Edit: new etched wave dial). My fav looking SMP has the black glossy non-wave dial.
    - No date. Works for me in this overall package.
    - Not sure how I feel about the bracelet though. I would prefer this was an option or better yet, came standard in the box as another way to dress the watch (like a NATO), I just really like the original design bracelet and in Ti it would be very cool.
    - I have always liked the He valve since Golden Eye came out, didn't know then what it did but loved it as a point of difference to other watches so I kind of got used to the idea of it being there (even though now as WIS, I know it is for me, "ridiculous"). Got to say though, the older style He valve had a nicer, more subtle presence to it.

Not sure it it could knock my beloved Pelagos LHD off its perch but for me, there isn't room for the both of them anyway. This would be a more versatile watch out of the two if one had a "small" collection.

Looking forward to seeing it in the metal (fingers crossed this happens) just as much the new movie.

B79
    Last edited by B79; December 5th, 2019 at 10:53.

Quote Originally Posted by B79 View Post
    - I have always liked the He valve since Golden Eye came out, didn't know then what it did but loved it as a point of difference to other watches so I kind of got used to the idea of it being there (even though now as WIS, I know it is for me, "ridiculous"). Got to say though, the older style He valve had a nicer, more subtle presence to it.
    I actually missed that. I do not really like the way the HE valve is shaped. Due to the fact the crown is a different style. They should be the same.
    It doesn't make me like the overall watch any more or less.

This watch is something I'd buy if I won the lottery and had money to burn, many others I like more to spend hard-earned on.
    Last edited by anonymousmoose; December 5th, 2019 at 10:58.

So damn close to being perfect. If they lost the fauxtina and milanese bracelet it could be the best Bond Seamaster if not best Seamaster iteration ever in my opinion.

Would prefer smaller case size too but could live with it as it is if the above changes were made.
    My collection on Instagram ——> wis_dad

Timex Q Reissue
    Casio G-Shock GW-M5610
    Halios Seaforth (series 2) - Nimbus Grey
    Longines Legend Diver
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.01.005)
    Rolex Submariner (114060)
    Seiko SARB017 ‘Alpinist’
    Seiko SARB065 ‘Cocktail Time’

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information