Bond Seamaster Reveal - Page 8
Like Tree243Likes

Thread: Bond Seamaster Reveal

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Re: Bond Seamaster Reveal

My first impression was WOW. They really did create a watch that looks like its been used by Bond as opposed to a watch thats been created as a souvenir to a film. No offence intended to owners of other bond editions and Im not referring to ALL bond editions (love the sky fall and MC versions) but you know what I mean. The last one had a weird plaque stuck on the side of the case. This watch looks really cool. It even looks good on any nato judging by the photos and I dont even like nato straps. Then I spent a bit more time looking at it as I was really considering an AD visit. Putting my critical hat on, maybe theyre tried too hard on this. The domed crystal looks VERY domed and maybe that fauxtina is a bit too brown? Could it be that you tire of that watch fairly quickly. Then theres the price. I know its titanium but that cant double the price can it? I know there are other costs with manufacturing the new dials etc but its a SMP which is a ton of watch for under £4k and Tudor can make a Titanium watch for less than the price of a steel SMP. I dont have the money to splash on a watch like this to drop into the collection which would mean it would be more of a daily watch and that rules it out for me. The cynic in me cant help feel that Omega are trying to knock on the door of Rolex and thats not going to work. To do that, they need to remove 4000 watches from their Seamaster range for starters. Although I keep looking at photos of it which is a worrying sign for my illness to kick in. Perhaps this will go the same way as the ceramic speedies which took a huge tumble after a few months. THEN I can justify it as I will be "saving money". I may come back and retract this entire statement as I cant stop thinking about it. The voices are back.

I actually like this a lot!!! Prefer my watches with no date...and this looks great on solid color nato, but it would look BOSS on black rubber!!! Does anyone know the lug width?

To me it looks like someone at Omega bought a Pelagos LHD and said, “Hey, we need to do something like this too...”
    calv1n and TaTaToothy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good looking piece!!

Waiting list anyone??
    " I am easily impressed by the best" - Winston Churchill.

"One cannot but admire the cold-bravery and enterprise of these Italians"
    Admiral Cunningham, referring to the frogmen of the M.A.S in WW2.

I really like the Milanese mesh, but it is gonna by strap monster anyway.

Name:  natos2.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  139.3 KB
    B79 and pikeman like this.

Is it "vintage" fauxtina or is it actually light brown/tan?
    megaace likes this.
    -Steve

Omega Seamaster Professional 2254.50
    Omega Aqua Terra 8900 220.12.41.21.03.001
    Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date
    G-Shock GWM5610-1

Quote Originally Posted by v1triol View Post
    I really like the Milanese mesh, but it is gonna by strap monster anyway.

Name:  natos2.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  139.3 KB
    I will admit it looks absolutely superb on that brown leather.

BUT to even start to justify the price, it should be made of grade 5 ti or better yet, grey ceramic like the GSotM (or even steel, although it would lose some of the vintage/"used" aesthetic in SS), and that bezel insert should be matt ceramic (like the Pelagos).

If that was the case I'd now be thinking about what I could sell to pick one up! But as it is, my wallet is absolutely safe.
    Driver 8

I'm just glad its not a limited edition. It'll be easily available.

But the price though. Yes its titanium but does it justify the price? Plus the aluminium bezel instead of ceramic... Kinda going backwards isn't it? Overall it looks good. I might get it, but not gonna pay full price for it. Perhaps preowned somewhere down the line. Doubtful it would increase in value since it isn't a limited edition like how the value of the Spectre Seamaster 300 has increased over the years.
    Last edited by imranbecks; December 5th, 2019 at 16:55.
    DW Classic St Mawes/Emporio Armani AR5860/Jorg Gray 6500 Commemorative Edition/Nautica NCS 600 N15016G/ΩOmega SMP/ΩOmega Seamaster Aqua Terra/ΩOmega Seamaster 300MC/Seiko Diver SKX007K/Seiko 5 SNKE51K1/Steinhart Ocean 39 Vintage GMT Premium/Steinhart Ocean One 39 Black Ceramic/Tissot Le Locle Automatic

I like it, not at that price point though.

Could buy a Speedmaster and PO or SMP, with money still leftover.
    redhed18 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
    To me it looks like someone at Omega bought a Pelagos LHD and said, “Hey, we need to do something like this too...”
    Exactly what I was thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG]pic.jpg[/IMG]
    TAG Aquaracer WAB2010
    Ω Planet Ocean 8500 42mm
    Ω Speedmaster Pro 3572.50
    Ω Chronostop 145.008
    Ω SM300
    Ω Aqua terra 8500 Opaline 41.5mm
    LONGINES Oposition L3.617.4

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information