Buying my first Omega

Thread: Buying my first Omega

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7

    Buying my first Omega

    Hi, I am new to this forum and am interested in purchasing my first Omega.I live in Virginia, USA. In reading the posts, I noticed that some forum members indicated that they know of good sources to purchase an Omega, either new or used.I`d very much appreciate it if someone might offer some suggestions for good quality at an affordable price.E-mail me

    Also, I see many Omegas offered on Ebay, both new and used.My research also notes that their are lots of pitfalls from buying this way,mainly, buying a product that is advertized as authentic and it is not.Would I likely go wrong in buying an Omega from a seller on Ebay who has excellent feedback? Am I wrong to look at used Omegas?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member Chad M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Horseshoe Valley, Ontario Canada
    Posts
    293

    Re: Buying my first Omega

    I dont think there is anything wrong with buying pre-owned its actually a great way to save a little cash.
    Advice: Buy the seller not the watch!
    My2cents

  3. #3
    GJ
    GJ is offline
    Member GJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    4,767

    Re: Buying my first Omega

    Nothing wrong with pre-owned, both of my Omega's are pre-owned.
    And it saved me a lot of money..
    But there is more then ''The Bay'' if you are looking for watches..

    Sales corners of forums do also have great watches for sale occasionally.
    Good luck hunting...
    Kind Regards,
    GJ

    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.....

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Moderator Zidane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    ATL, GA
    Posts
    6,859

    Re: Buying my first Omega

    Im with Gerard......look around on the Sales Corners....and good luck!

  6. #5
    Member quadophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    38

    Re: Buying my first Omega

    I am also in the same boat as the original poster of this message,trying to buy my first Omega. I actually like to buy a new instead of a pre-owned. Have never bought a watch for more than $350 which happens to be a Tissot PRS 516 Automatic.

    I do not have any Omega dealer in my area and decided to look for possibility of buying online. I buy mainly from Amazon.com where I found the Omega Speedmaster Professional and was wondering if anyone can confirm if buying an Omega from them is not a problem in any way.

    Here is the link to it

    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    311

    Re: Buying my first Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by quadophile
    I am also in the same boat as the original poster of this message,trying to buy my first Omega. I actually like to buy a new instead of a pre-owned. Have never bought a watch for more than $350 which happens to be a Tissot PRS 516 Automatic.

    I do not have any Omega dealer in my area and decided to look for possibility of buying online. I buy mainly from Amazon.com where I found the Omega Speedmaster Professional and was wondering if anyone can confirm if buying an Omega from them is not a problem in any way.

    Here is the link to it

    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm a big fan of Amazon, but I wouldn't buy a watch like this from them. While the watch probably has the serial #s intact (and I would double check that) you won't be receiving an Omega warranty. My AD would probably discount about that much. If you are in the USA send me a PM for the specifics. Otherwise, I agree with others--check the sales corners for used ones. Good luck!!

  8. #7
    Member quadophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    38

    Re: Buying my first Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Elton Balch
    I'm a big fan of Amazon, but I wouldn't buy a watch like this from them. While the watch probably has the serial #s intact (and I would double check that) you won't be receiving an Omega warranty. My AD would probably discount about that much. If you are in the USA send me a PM for the specifics. Otherwise, I agree with others--check the sales corners for used ones. Good luck!!
    Thanks for the feedback. very much appreciated!

    Cheers!

  9. #8
    Member Tragic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    13,407

    Re: Buying my first Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Elton Balch
    I'm a big fan of Amazon, but I wouldn't buy a watch like this from them. While the watch probably has the serial #s intact (and I would double check that) you won't be receiving an Omega warranty. My AD would probably discount about that much. If you are in the USA send me a PM for the specifics. Otherwise, I agree with others--check the sales corners for used ones. Good luck!!
    Is Omega's warranty 5 yrs. like Amazon offers?
    37% from an AD is remarkable.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

  10. #9
    Member jmsrolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,972

    Re: Buying my first Omega

    Check your Private Messages for a referral for new Omegas and a referral for "previously owned".

    John

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    311

    Re: Buying my first Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by Tragic
    Is Omega's warranty 5 yrs. like Amazon offers?
    37% from an AD is remarkable.
    It's great to have a five year warranty--using it is another matter entirely. If you are in the market for a watch, PM me and I'll provide info on my AD--then you can decide for yourself.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts