Can anyone identify my uncle's anyone identify my uncle's Omega before I can get a pic?

Thread: Can anyone identify my uncle's anyone identify my uncle's Omega before I can get a pic?

Sofia, Bulgaria (current) | Toronto, Canada

Can anyone identify my uncle's anyone identify my uncle's Omega before I can get a pic?

Ever since I can remember, my uncle has worn an Omega, and I've never been able to identify it (possibly because I'm normally in the Seiko/Citizen/Orient forum page). It has always seemed to be in near perfect condition, and when I was young I was always entertained by the automatic movement.

I believe he said it was purchased in 1973 in Israel. From what I can recall, it has a silver face with a maroon ring on the perimeter of the dial, with roman numerals. I can't get a picture for a while... so with this vague description, anyone have any ideas?

:thanks

Re: Can anyone identify my uncle's anyone identify my uncle's Omega before I can get a pic

Nothing's ringing any bells for me, but I'd recommend looking through some old catalogues on Steve's excellent old-omegas.com.

eric

Re: Can anyone identify my uncle's anyone identify my uncle's Omega before I can get a pic

Anything like this 1972 De Ville?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's kind of like this one:

except with a maroon ring where the roman numerals are (as opposed to a grey ring). The watch is also fairly thick, and has a different bracelet (more like this one from google images )

that's a rolex bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by goheel View Post
    that's a rolex bracelet.
    Of course. I just thought it was the best comparison

Thread Information