Can't decide between Seamaster Aqua Terra Chrono and Speedmaster Broad Arrow..PLEASE HELP!

Thread: Can't decide between Seamaster Aqua Terra Chrono and Speedmaster Broad Arrow..PLEASE HELP!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't decide between Seamaster Aqua Terra Chrono and Speedmaster Broad Arrow..PLEASE HELP!

Hello everybody. I am brand new to the watch world and have went back and forth for quite some time on what watch I wanted to purchase for my first real watch. I'm 26, dress up for work, and want a watch that I can wear with a suit as well as with jeans. I have gone back and forth between Omega and Breitling, and I have just found that Omega's watches fit me better.
    That being said, I cannot decide between these two watches:
    1) The Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow OMEGA Watches: Speedmaster Broad Arrow - Steel on steel - 321.10.42.50.02.001

or the
    2) Seamaster AT Chrono (in one of these two styles)
    OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronograph - Steel on steel - 231.10.44.50.04.001
    OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronograph - Steel on steel - 231.10.44.50.09.001

Any insight or comments would be GREATLY appreciated, as I am a complete novice in this area. I know the AT is a little bigger (44 vs 42)...does that make it tougher to "dress it up"? Thanks again in advance for all of your responses!

Re: Can't decide between Seamaster Aqua Terra Chrono and Speedmaster Broad Arrow..PLEASE H

Either one is a great choice.

The only comment I have is after years of wearing a watch with a bezel like the Broad Arrow, I found two things,

1. My shirt cuffs eventually wore the paint out of the bezel
    2. A thick watch takes a toll on the shirt cuffs.

Personally I kind of like the AT more, simply because I prefer the date placement.

FWIW

Re: Can't decide between Seamaster Aqua Terra Chrono and Speedmaster Broad Arrow..PLEASE H

I like the AT more because it has the teak-like surface on the dial. And white dial looks great.

cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just bought the AT with dark dial today if that helps. Also my first nice watch. So far have had great experience with the 'favorite' AD.

Quote Originally Posted by tna7984 View Post
    I have an AT Chrono myself, although in the teck grey face. I wear it almost daily. After having it for a while I think the chrono actually makes this watch a bit less professional looking and more sporty. That may be exactly what you want, if so it sounds like you will like the AT Chrono. I'm considering a Speedy with chrono next and may go with another Omega sans chrono for a more formal look. I'm going to try and attach a pic of my AT on my roughly 8" wrist to give you an idea how it wears. I added one full link to mine, and have a second one I'm going to add for next summer. For the winter it's a good fit with one extra link, although that makes it wear a bit off center.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you very much to everybody who responded! Man...I still can not make up my mind...I wish I could just buy both "pre-owned" so I wouldn't have to make a decision and could possibly afford it!

I prefer the black dial here:
    OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronograph - Steel on steel - 231.10.44.50.06.001

Try both of them on, go home and think about it, try them on again and choose the one you like most. Our opinions should be a guideline only

Moderator Omega and Apple Forum Chibatastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by driew View Post
    I prefer the black dial here:
    OMEGA Watches: Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronograph - Steel on steel - 231.10.44.50.06.001

Try both of them on, go home and think about it, try them on again and choose the one you like most. Our opinions should be a guideline only
    I'm going to +1 that.
    It's a big watch @44 and the teak grey will probably work better for dress.

That said, I think a 41.5 AT would be a better choice for dress up. If you want a chrono down the road, the speedy pro is king!

Chiba

An old trick I use to break decision log jams is to flip a coin. Each side represents each watch and if you flip and want to flip again you have your decision...

Quote Originally Posted by Chibatastic View Post
    I'm going to +1 that.
    It's a big watch @44 and the teak grey will probably work better for dress.

That said, I think a 41.5 AT would be a better choice for dress up. If you want a chrono down the road, the speedy pro is king!

Chiba
    Thanks for everyone's input again!! After reading this and really thinking about it...now I want this watch too!!! Man, this is getting tougher and tougher as I really am in love with all three styles now...the coin technique may have to be used...

I am starting to feel that the 41.5 might be better for the "first watch" as you said it would work with dress and be a decent choice for casual too...plus the 41.5 has the "better" movement (8500), doesn't it? Thanks again to all!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information