Is Chrono24 a Reputable Site To Buy A Watch? - Page 3
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Is Chrono24 a Reputable Site To Buy A Watch?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Is Chrono24 a Reputable Site To Buy A Watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratven View Post
    My experience with Chrono24 has been similar in that I've found prices to be quite a bit higher than average, especially people trying to really gouge on special editions, etc.
    This is exactly what I have found. I have NEVER seen anything on Chrono24 that I considered a deal. Their prices always seem to be the highest "Grey Market" option available.

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratven View Post
    My experience with Chrono24 has been similar in that I've found prices to be quite a bit higher than average, especially people trying to really gouge on special editions, etc.
    This is exactly what I have found. I have NEVER seen anything on Chrono24 that I considered a deal. Their prices always seem to be the highest "Grey Market" option available.
    I found a great deal. I have been looking here, watchrecon, therolexforums and Chrono24. The same gentlemen had the watch listed on all 4 sites. He had the same price on all 4 sites, but Chrono24 didnt have any credit card fees added. I checked out his reputation online (great) and used the Chrono24 escrow service.

I saved at least $200-500 over anything else I found. 42% off of MSRP. AD stamped warranty card in 12/17. I couldn’t find the same watch on a bracelet unless I spent $500 more. I did find Blue faced POs on rubber straps for $200 more.

The site has a great search feature, I used their customer service to change the ship to address and I had good luck with theor escrow.

I am a satisfied customer
    Last edited by chtucker; April 8th, 2018 at 02:53.

Quote Originally Posted by chtucker View Post
    I found a great deal. I have been looking here, watchrecon, therolexforums and Chrono24. The same gentlemen had the watch listed on all 4 sites. He had the same price on all 4 sites, but Chrono24 didnt have any credit card fees added. I checked out his reputation online (great) and used the Chrono24 escrow service.

I saved at least $200-500 over anything else I found. 42% off of MSRP. AD stamped warranty card in 12/17. I couldn’t find the same watch on a braceless unless I spent $500 more. I did find Blue faced POs on rubber straps for $200 more.

The sote has a great search feature, I used their customer service to change the ship to address and I had good luck with theor escrow.

I am a satisfied customer
    That's good to hear man. Maybe (like most things in life) it's about being in the right place at the right time!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So, 2 weeks ago I purchased an Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph on Chrono24. Ref no.215.30.46.51.03.001. I read several forums about buying from Chrono24, Jomashop, WatchMaxx, ChiTown Watches, and a few others. Then I searched the BBB and other review sites for info on everyone. I was quite surprised to read a lot of the criticisms of Jomashop in particular.

I took to heart a lot of the advice I read that said "buy the seller". That one single piece of advice really struck a cord with me and turned me off of the "Gray Market" dealers.

So, In searching for the 215.30.46.51.03.001, I found (2) sellers on Chrono24 offering the watch for the same price. And this price was LESS than Jomashop and both sellers were offering stamped International Warranty Cards - something the Gray Market Dealers were not.

Of those 2 sellers, one of them turned me off because when I asked him for additional info and pictures, the response I got was quite crappy. The other dealer was fantastically accommodating and willing to provide all the info I requested. In also reading this forum, i saw many people say "if a seller isnt willing to answer your questions, go someplace else".

So, i pulled the trigger, bought the watch on a Friday night, the payment went thru the Trusted Checkout Process and cleared on Monday morning. The seller shipped on Monday and on Tuesday at 5pm est the watch arrived. It was well packed, arrived in 3 difference boxes from Omega - had all the factory shrink wrap on the watch (boy what a pain in the butt it was trying to remove some of that) and was picture perfect. The warranty card was stamped and dated just 2 weeks before I bought it.

I then took the watch to my local Omega Boutique for bracelet sizing and validation and they confirmed its genuine. So, my experience with Chrono24 was great. I can tell you that this was my first purchase of something this expensive over the internet and I was nervous as hell. But, in the end I was pleased. I got a brand new watch with valid warranty and the price was better than gray market.

So my advice, do your homework, take your time, and buy the seller as much as the watch.
    Last edited by rhansenjr; April 8th, 2018 at 18:52.

Overall I agree prices seem high. But when I was on the hunt for a Milgauss I did find a very competitive price from a large reputable reseller. Hit or miss.

Generally yes.

I made one purchase through Chrono24 once and it was a flawless experience. I researched the particular seller before buying and recommend you do the same. I would not just purchase blindly from the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrono24 is a great site - I like it much better than Ebay - but it all depends on the seller you work with! Chrono24 themselves are neutral and unbiased, honest escrow holders.

Quote Originally Posted by brmott View Post
    Overall I agree prices seem high. But when I was on the hunt for a Milgauss I did find a very competitive price from a large reputable reseller. Hit or miss.
    IMO, used prices are very high. Makes you wonder. But they do have that suggest a price button. I didn't get a chance to use it because the seller I contacted never responded to my inquiry. Weird too, given they had a very good rating.

Quote Originally Posted by rhansenjr View Post
    .... I was quite surprised to read a lot of the criticisms of Jomashop in particular.....
    Yeah, I did the same as you a while ago and I was also shocked to see how many negative reviews Jomashop had. For me situations like this are always difficult to judge, as a lot of times BBB reviews are only the handful of people who had a "bad" experience. It's rare that people actually take the time to post about a good experience. I have dealt with Jomashop twice and I have zero complaints whatsoever. I know they get pretty good reviews here on the forums as well.

It reminds me of when I was looking for a new printer. I literally scoured Amazon for a printer with decent reviews and could not find one. People pretty much trashed every printer on Amazon for one reason or another. I ended up deciding to bite the bullet and get the one that I liked, and I have been totally pleased with it. Reviews can be tricky both ways sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator76 View Post
    Yeah, I did the same as you a while ago and I was also shocked to see how many negative reviews Jomashop had. For me situations like this are always difficult to judge, as a lot of times BBB reviews are only the handful of people who had a "bad" experience. It's rare that people actually take the time to post about a good experience. I have dealt with Jomashop twice and I have zero complaints whatsoever. I know they get pretty good reviews here on the forums as well.

It reminds me of when I was looking for a new printer. I literally scoured Amazon for a printer with decent reviews and could not find one. People pretty much trashed every printer on Amazon for one reason or another. I ended up deciding to bite the bullet and get the one that I liked, and I have been totally pleased with it. Reviews can be tricky both ways sometimes.

What you said is true. I wouldn’t dispute that there are people who write negative reviews on purpose. But it wasn’t so much the complaints that I read, it was the responses from the sellers that alarmed me. Particularly, because the warranties being provided were “in house” warranties. The gray market dealers, IMO, seem to take an almost “oh well” approach to what I read in the complaints as legitimate issues.

On on the other hand, Omega have been awesome with me. Several years ago I had a full maintenance service on my 2531.80.00. About 9 months later, my son who was 5 at the time, dropped my watch on a hard ceramic floor and it stopped dead. I took it back to the OB fully expecting to be charged for service. Nope, 2 weeks later, got it back no charge. 15 months after that, it got magnetized, and again, no charge. Both were chargeable services and Omega made the repairs as a courtesy. I highly doubt Jomashop would do that.

So, my only point, good prices - =/< gray market - with full international warranties are out there if you look long enough.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information