Is Chrono24 a Reputable Site To Buy A Watch? - Page 4
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Is Chrono24 a Reputable Site To Buy A Watch?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Is Chrono24 a Reputable Site To Buy A Watch?

Quote Originally Posted by rhansenjr View Post
    What you said is true. I wouldn’t dispute that there are people who write negative reviews on purpose. But it wasn’t so much the complaints that I read, it was the responses from the sellers that alarmed me. Particularly, because the warranties being provided were “in house” warranties. The gray market dealers, IMO, seem to take an almost “oh well” approach to what I read in the complaints as legitimate issues.

On on the other hand, Omega have been awesome with me. Several years ago I had a full maintenance service on my 2531.80.00. About 9 months later, my son who was 5 at the time, dropped my watch on a hard ceramic floor and it stopped dead. I took it back to the OB fully expecting to be charged for service. Nope, 2 weeks later, got it back no charge. 15 months after that, it got magnetized, and again, no charge. Both were chargeable services and Omega made the repairs as a courtesy. I highly doubt Jomashop would do that.

So, my only point, good prices - =/< gray market - with full international warranties are out there if you look long enough.
    Yeah, I can understand your point, and you are correct, I HIGHLY doubt that Jomashop would take care of you like Omega did. I honestly don't know that I would send Jomashop my watch for service either. I'd rather pay Omega to do it to make sure it's done right and with the correct tools, etc...

I appreciate everyone sharing their advice and experience. I am planning on purchasing a PO 600 in the next few weeks. I had thought of buying from Jomashop but I am rethinking and will likely go with a reputable seller on Chrono24. I’ve used Jomashop when buying watches costing less than 1000 USD, but given the expense of my next purchase I will gladly pay a little more and get the international warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by tdiallo View Post
    Like everyone else said already, you really need to do your homework. Look for those sellers with most sales, that are trusted sellers and with a brick and mortar store preferably. You can check their business using google. Then you have to keep in mind that most of them prefer wire transfer because of the fees, but if you choose to send that way, you will pay a 3.5% fee on your purchase and will have limited protection (14days) because they act like an escrow service and simply release the funds once the watch is delivered. Then you need to take into account duty and taxes as well on top of the 3.5% fee you paid already. I would suggest you go with Paypal and benefit from their 100% money back garanteed. In some cases depending on the seller and the amount, you guys can split the PP fees and both are happy and covered if something happens. There's lots of reviews about their customer service not being on top or problems getting refunded. I personally prefer buying here to avoid all this extra work and stress. So good luck to you and hope everthing will be fine!
    Well this is discouraging to read. I'm just a random watch enthusiast, not running a business, and trying to sell a watch on Chrono24 because I'm not yet allowed to sell anything here, yet you're trying to discourage people from buying from there either unless they have a brick & mortar store. I didn't spend 15 years on eBay earning a 100% positive feedback by being unscrupulous, but I did grow tired of their exorbitant fees. Don't take this personally, but I hope as few people as possible heed your advice.
    Last edited by Rokovakian; April 21st, 2018 at 16:01.
    Paulsky likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Had no problems with the watch itself I purchased (old Bell & Ross by Sinn) but found the wire transfer process to be a pain since their site is based in Germany, I was buying from a seller in LA who did not want to do PayPal so the whole thing drug out over almost two weeks. Just lack of patience on my part I guess.
    Bmil128

Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50
    Bell & Ross by Sinn Pilot B Chronograph
    Seiko Presage Cocktail Time SRPB43
    Seiko SPC123P1
    Mercer Lexington Bi-Compax

I have purchased one watch through this site and it was a smooth transaction with the seller. They shipped and delivered within the estimate time frame and even removed VAT as I am a U.S. buyer. However since then, I have inquired about other watches (different sellers) and each time, as soon as I bring up VAT they tell me they do not sell to U.S. residents. I am not sure how much of a hassle it is to go through filing such paperwork but if it is inconvenient then the sellers should out right just not list their watches to residents of countries they don't want to sell to. It's a waste of my time. I have emailed Chrono24 support and am awaiting their response.

Purchased a watch through Chrono24 and had a relatively easy experience. I did a wire transfer from my bank to the bank of the seller (a brick and mortar place in Germany). Aside from the usual reading things twice to make sure one is doing it correctly, was relatively easy. There was a bit of a kerfuffle from a US import tax thing. The seller did not disclose the individual values of the movement, case, strap, so some of the import fees became a back and forth between FedEx/DHL/?, Chrono24, and the seller. Chrono24 assisted in relaying the messages back and forth. The import fee did not delay the shipping/receiving of the watch.

I would do business with them again, and intend to if the correct watch becomes available.
    Emg66 likes this.

I always buy the watch there from trusted seller and everything smooth and fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Rokovakian View Post
    Well this is discouraging to read. I'm just a random watch enthusiast, not running a business, and trying to sell a watch on Chrono24 because I'm not yet allowed to sell anything here, yet you're trying to discourage people from buying from there either unless they have a brick & mortar store. I didn't spend 15 years on eBay earning a 100% positive feedback by being unscrupulous, but I did grow tired of their exorbitant fees. Don't take this personally, but I hope as few people as possible heed your advice.
    I agree on the point of other sites we can sell and buy from. Doing your home work is a major part. I have sold on Ebay and other sites for years. I have to say knowing what you are buying is important and that to good to be true in must cases is true... Trusted sellers are good you will in most cases get a quality transaction and product. And transfer your payments through trusted sites protecting you from fraud etc...

Buy from trusted seller and you should be fine. A lot of the chrono24 sellers are often reviewed here in the forums. search for your seller in the forums here and you may find other people asking similar questions about that store. I love chrono24, don't always buy on it, but it's the fastest way to see so many options.

I've bought a couple of pieces on Chrono24, had no problems, but the consensus on this thread is sage advice.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information