Is Chrono24 a Reputable Site To Buy A Watch?
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Is Chrono24 a Reputable Site To Buy A Watch?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Is Chrono24 a Reputable Site To Buy A Watch?

Has anyone on the forum purchased a watch from Chrono24: Buy & sell luxury watches
    I am looking to purchase my first premium watch in the next few weeks. As such, i have been SCOURING the old interwebs. I think I know the priced ranges for what I am looking for.
    Then I got on Chrono24 just now and I am seeing, for instance these three Breitlings:
    A Chronomat 81950 for $740
    A Colt Quartz A57035 38mm for $741
    A Colt automatic A17035 for $846

I like a good deal like the next guy. But I ALSO know that if it looks too good to be true, then it just might be...

Any input is appreciated.
    Brad
    The Collection:
    OMEGA Seamaster Aqua Terra Spectre Bond LE 231.10.42.21.03.004 | Seamaster 2541.80.00 | Seamaster 2562.80.00 | 1954 Omega Automatic Cal 490
    CHOPARD LUC Pro One Dive Watch 16/8912
    BREITLING Superocean A17360
    HAMILTON H70605731 Interstellar Khaki Field Murph | H644550 Khaki King | H706050 Khaki Field Automatic
    SEIKO SRPC 93 Save The Ocean Samurai | Presage SRPB41 Cocktail Time
    Land Monster SNM037 | SNZG07 Seiko 5 | SNKP23 Recraft | SNE109 Solar Diver
    TISSOT Vintage T12 Visodate
    ORIENT M Force Bravo EL0A-D1
    CITIZEN C300 Navihawk Blue Angels | Skyhawk A-T
    LE JOUR Vintage Diver
    TIMEX Red Wing Waterbury Chronograph | Allied Chronograph TW2R46700 | Expedition T49891

Re: Is Chrono24 a Reputable Site To Buy A Watch?

Although I haven't bought anything from there, I believe the site to be reputable. As for the individual sellers therein, you'll have to do your homework on a case-by-case basis (buy the seller and all that). I occasionally have a look there, but have found a lot of the watches that I'm interested in to be a bit over-priced.

Anyway, good luck!

Like KG said, the site itself is reputable, but it's the dealers themselves that you have to trust. I bought a Submariner from Plus Watch in Italy and the bezel on the watch I got wasn't the same as the bezel shown in the seller's pictures. There. I said it. Again.
    Just like eBay, buy the seller.
    borchard929 likes this.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have had some good experiences on Chrono 24 but you need to buy the seller more than anything. Also I think using the trusted checkout option or paying with paypal or a credit card is important as you have some protection against fraud. Recently I had a seller who would not reply to my questions which makes me think they were willfully ignoring my queries because something was amiss and they didnt want to acknowledge it. Either that or they just didnt care for my business and if customer service sucks now, imagine how they might react if there were an actual problem with the watch. Needless to say I didn't buy from them. I think ebay offers more in terms of buyer protection but in the end, it all comes down to who you are buying from.
    Bigdaftboy and PeteJ like this.

I got ripped off by a seller on a SMPc. Fortunately PayPal refunded me, but now I believe in buying the seller.

Can you relate your story? How did you get ripped off?

I have heard that if you are going to use Chrono24 (and there are many threads by those who've used them) stay with those with the most trusted checkout transaction counts on the page, they are listed with the green checks.

The prices in some of, if not most of, the listings on there are ridiculous. I consistently see sellers on there, private and dealers, asking for waaaay more than what's reasonable a lot of the time. I've even seen watches going for more than MSRP sometimes from sellers oveeseas. Really wierd and it's turned me off from the site for sure. I don't like having to haggle with some dealer in Poland over the internet because he's asking for $7000 for an Explorer II with no box, papers, or service history. It's kinda sketchy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chrono24 is no different than eBay except that it is limited to watches and that there are more dealers. Like others have said, the ite is reputable but you need to "buy the seller"

It was a private seller, not a shop. Watch was well priced, but not suspiciously well priced. I paid and initial payment was rejected, I think he wanted me to split the payment in 2 (apparently then PayPal don't refund you, they only refund single payments). Then he asked me to make payment to his wife's PayPal account. I paid and the watch was "mailed". The "tracking system" was unlike anything I ever used and I realised something was fishy. The location the watch was sent from wasn't the same as the location on the ad. I think I lodged a dispute within 2 days of making payment. Seller had plenty of time to respond, but never did. Eventually, PayPal refunded me (thankfully). Not worth the stress going through that again.

Use a trusted seller or AD.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information