Does Omega quality control check the lume? Question on lume strength on new Seamaster 8800 - Page 2

Thread: Does Omega quality control check the lume? Question on lume strength on new Seamaster 8800

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    Of course they do.

I think their answer addressed your question perfectly.
    Not quite. I asked them in particular if the luminescent is checked as part of QC and they didn’t provide a straight answer on that. From previous posts I’ve seen here I don’t think it is, or if it is checked, it’s not thorough. Few members have received their new Omegas with lume missing completely on hour markers, some faded, etc.
    Current Rotation:
    Planet Ocean 8900 43.5
    Planet Ocean 2500D 42mm
    Planet Ocean 2500D 45mm

Re: Does Omega quality control check the lume? Question on lume strength on new Seamaster 8800

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul718 View Post
    Not quite. I asked them in particular if the luminescent is checked as part of QC and they didnít provide a straight answer on that. From previous posts Iíve seen here I donít think it is, or if it is checked, itís not thorough. Few members have received their new Omegas with lume missing completely on hour markers, some faded, etc.
    There have also been a whole bunch of other issues that made it past QC.

To think they donít QC lune I s absurd. If your not happy send it in. They will likely say itís within spec.

Iím not defending anyone. Their QC isnít perfect. I know this is a watch forum and any discussion is fair game but to be surprised or upset that the lume pips on two watches are not identical thatís just plain silly. Unless itís so bad it needs to be replaced donít stress about it. The bezel is easily replaced now or at the first service.

Re: Does Omega quality control check the lume? Question on lume strength on new Seamaster 8800

Quote Originally Posted by GTTIME View Post
    There have also been a whole bunch of other issues that made it past QC.

To think they don’t QC lune I s absurd. If your not happy send it in. They will likely say it’s within spec.

I’m not defending anyone. Their QC isn’t perfect. I know this is a watch forum and any discussion is fair game but to be surprised or upset that the lume pips on two watches are not identical that’s just plain silly. Unless it’s so bad it needs to be replaced don’t stress about it. The bezel is easily replaced now or at the first service.
    Not sure where you're seeing that I'm upset, but I'll agree to disagree with you. Surprised? Yea maybe a little because I expect some consistency among similar models.

I simply asked a question whether it's normal for there to be variance in the lume between two of the same types of watches. This is probably the only place where someone would have two of the same type of watch so I was hoping for some feedback in that respect. And if not, that's fine too.
    Current Rotation:
    Planet Ocean 8900 43.5
    Planet Ocean 2500D 42mm
    Planet Ocean 2500D 45mm

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have multiple POs, Speedmasters and Aqua Terras. Same models and generations just color variances and such. I have not noticed a significant difference in lume between the comparable pieces.

I have a Tag from many years ago that is missing half the lume on a numeral. How that made it out of the factory is beyond me.

I have no issue with your comparison but to imply or ask does Omega QC Lume? Thatís, to me, just being dramatic. I donít mean that harshly but do you honestly think Omega doesnít QC the lume in their watches?

As I said lots of things slip through QC but to imply they skip checking lume?

Iíll stop now. All the best and really if you think one of the pips is bad have the bezel replaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information