Does Omega quality control check the lume? Question on lume strength on new Seamaster 8800

Thread: Does Omega quality control check the lume? Question on lume strength on new Seamaster 8800

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does Omega quality control check the lume? Question on lume strength on new Seamaster 8800

Hi all,

I had two Seamaster 8800s (different colors) at the same time and I noticed that on one of them, the lume in pearl pip was slightly "weaker" than the other when both were given equal light. Maybe it wasn't weaker and it's possible that the other one just had an extraordinary strong lume on the pearl pip on the bezel. I did notice that both had equal lume on the dials, however. I attached a photo of the lume of the pearl pip that is the "weaker" one for reference. This photo was taken seconds after a full charge. The other Seamaster pearl pip had an even brighter lume, but not my much.

Does Omega quality control of new watches cover testing the luminescent properties of the watch? If so, do they allow some variance in the lume between two of the same types of watches?

Appreciate any input.

Rahul

Name:  IMG_6547.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  206.4 KB
    Current Rotation:
    Planet Ocean 8900 43.5
    Planet Ocean 2500D 42mm
    Planet Ocean 2500D 45mm

Re: Does Omega quality control check the lume? Question on lume strength on new Seamaster 8800

bump for some answers
    Current Rotation:
    Planet Ocean 8900 43.5
    Planet Ocean 2500D 42mm
    Planet Ocean 2500D 45mm

Re: Does Omega quality control check the lume? Question on lume strength on new Seamaster 8800

The reason why it looks weaker is simply due to the fact that the pip is such a small and shallow area for them to apply the lume that it just looks dimmer in dark. This would be my answer, I am sure they QC just about everything on these watches now that they are META Certified.
    I like to sync the ticks of my watch to the rhythm of my life.

Watches:

Citizen: Caliber 2100
    Marathon CSAR (SS Bracelet)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks but that doesn’t quite answer my question. My original post says I have TWO Seamaster 8800s and on one of them the pearl pip like looks a bit brighter when both are given the same charge. So I was asking about the inconsistency
    Current Rotation:
    Planet Ocean 8900 43.5
    Planet Ocean 2500D 42mm
    Planet Ocean 2500D 45mm

From my personal experience with Omega divers (had an 8500 PO, seamaster pro 300 ceramic 2500, seamaster 300 master co axial) their lume has been a bit inconsistent. The worst was with my PO. The minute hand had significantly weaker lume in the center where it was very obvious. I had it under warranty but OB gave me a hard time getting it replaced. The SM pro was good and the 300 coax has a bit weaker lume on the hour hand. It's not so obvious but is apparent when you look closely.

Also, a side note, Omega's diver bezels are horrid :( I hope they fixed it with the 8800 series.
    |Ω

Here is mine for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
    Here is mine for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you find that the lume on the pearl dims more quickly than the dial? For instance, when I go to sleep I’ll fully charge the dial and bezel with a strong light source and during the night when I look at the watch I’ll see that the dial is still decently lit but the lume on the pearl is barely noticeable
    Current Rotation:
    Planet Ocean 8900 43.5
    Planet Ocean 2500D 42mm
    Planet Ocean 2500D 45mm

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul718 View Post
    bump for some answers
    Why don't you contact Omega about this? How would we know?

Quote Originally Posted by fish70 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul718 View Post
    bump for some answers
    Why don't you contact Omega about this? How would we know?
    To your logic no one here would know anything Omega-related then and so I should reach out to Omega for future inquiries. We do have members here who are very knowledgeable about this kind of stuff FYI...

I did contact Omega and they didn’t answer my question in a straight manner. They just said all their watches go through extensive QC and if I feel there’s a problem I can send to them.
    Current Rotation:
    Planet Ocean 8900 43.5
    Planet Ocean 2500D 42mm
    Planet Ocean 2500D 45mm

Of course they do.

I think their answer addressed your question perfectly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information