Endgame - Page 4
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Endgame

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dohnut View Post
    You’re not worried about knocking the PO in the same way you were with the SMP? Would’ve thought it easier to bump into things with a PO given the size.

Great watch btw!
    Oddly enough no. I think it's all mental. My mind labeled this one as a "tool watch" instead of "dress diver", and so I'm not really worried about nicks. Love the weight, this thing is a beast!

Re: Endgame

Congrats man, big fan of the Seamasters!

Great choice, congrats

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Funny. You are experiencing what I experience. Get a watch, love it, wear it a short time, find some flaws, try to convince myself they are not a big deal, fail, sell the watch, repeat with another. Is this normal? It drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by gopurdue999 View Post
    Funny. You are experiencing what I experience.

Get a watch, love it, wear it a short time, find some flaws, try to convince myself they are not a big deal, fail, sell the watch, repeat with another.

Is this normal? It drives me nuts.

You're not alone.

Oh man, saw your FT/FS thread and I was contemplating reaching out to you for a possible trade with my PO 8500 but on the fence if I wanted the 300m.

I think you've done good by going with your instinct and 'upgrading' to the 8900. Planet Ocean by far wins the comparison.

Still though, that is a much thicker watch and I'd be more scared to wear the PO for knocking it around. Wear it in good health sir!

Quote Originally Posted by supersnout View Post
    Oh man, saw your FT/FS thread and I was contemplating reaching out to you for a possible trade with my PO 8500 but on the fence if I wanted the 300m.

I think you've done good by going with your instinct and 'upgrading' to the 8900. Planet Ocean by far wins the comparison.

Still though, that is a much thicker watch and I'd be more scared to wear the PO for knocking it around. Wear it in good health sir!
    After having both, I think it all comes down to what you're looking for. To me they're two watches with two totally different focuses

Seamaster 300 - Dressy diver that can still handle some tool watch like duties if you need it to.
    • Non-tapered much more blingy bracelet
    • Thinner case
    • Flashier hands and face, but less legible than the PO. In certain light the hands almost disappeared against the shiny black face unless I tilted it a bit, kind of annoying.
    • Lighter weight, almost disappears on the wrist sometimes

Planet Ocean - Nice looking tool watch that can be dressed up if required but is built to take a beating
    • Tapered bracelet that's much less flashy
    • Fat case
    • Noticeably heavier
    • Less busy hands and face, more legible at a quick glance
    • Much more "tool watch" looking

I was seeking something for a GADA watch that was more toolish, which is also why the thought of knocking it against things probably doesn't bother me. It's also why the 300 just felt "off" unless it was on a strap. As for how it actually wears, it's thick but sits decently when your wrist is straight. See the comparison below. Note that my wrists are just over 8", so on a smaller wrist it might appear to stick out more. Fit is just loose enough that it doesn't dig in.

Name:  5-16-2019 12-12-09 PM.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  59.5 KBName:  5-16-2019 12-12-27 PM.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  59.4 KB

Overall I don't think you can go wrong with either, it just depends on what you're looking for. I'd like to add a dressier Omega at some point, but I think the 300 would be too "in between" and it'll probably be the Aqua Terra if anything. Was hoping the 300 could do both but it felt like it was trying to be too many things to me.

Lastly, two things that I haven't really seen pointed out about the PO the 300. The weight difference is substantial, maybe magnified by how they wear. The 300 I hardly noticed, but the PO makes its presence known bigtime (note that I really like watches with some serious heft, so this wasn't a negative for me, might be for you) Second, I'm somewhat disappointed in the lume on both. Of the two the PO is MUCH easier to read in the dark due to the very thin lume strips on the 300 hands, but both pale in comparison to my Seiko and even the Oris I have. If you need a watch that'll keep shining all night, these aren't it.

I have the blue Seamaster 8800 and had the 8900 PO.

I love the PO dial, but ultimately decided it was too thick for me.

If you go with the PO, the OEM strap/deployant is a great alternative to the bracelet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mattcantwin View Post
    I have the blue Seamaster 8800 and had the 8900 PO.

I love the PO dial, but ultimately decided it was too thick for me.

If you go with the PO, the OEM strap/deployant is a great alternative to the bracelet.
    I'd love to get the strap as well, but don't know if I'll ever be able to justify what they're asking for it. I did put it on a watchgecko sailcloth strap and it looks fine, but boy is it top heavy. Really accents the weight of the watch head instead of helping to spread the weight around like the bracelet does. Maybe the OEM strap doesn't have that issue.

I thought it wore very well on the strap, didn't feel top heavy to me.

Design of the strap wraps around the wrist nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information