Endgame
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Endgame

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Endgame

Well, after a few years of collecting, flipping, and losing way too much money, I decided I needed to cut to the chase. Ever since I started looking at watches I always considered Omega as the watch. Not sure why, probably a combination of being a space nut (moon watch!), loving the designs, the name, etc. Whatever the reason, every time I bought watch in the last few years it never quite scratched the itch completely. I'm usually a fairly frugal person and don't like "clutter", or things that sit around and don't get used. With that in mind, I figured I could kill two birds with one stone. Most of the collection is being sold off, and being replaced with this

Name:  5-6-2019 9-46-16 AM.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  46.8 KB

Picked it up yesterday and so far it's everything I was hoping for. Something like this is so far out of my usual expenditures that I'm sure this will be the only time I spend this kind of money on a watch for many many years, if ever again. I think that's fine with me though. With the Stowa Marine Original I picked up, I now have two watches that will hopefully pass to my sons some day.

*EDIT* - Ended up trading it in for something else, update is on page 3

Cheers
    Last edited by ofted42; May 16th, 2019 at 13:50.

Re: Endgame

Congrats. I have the same model and it's GREAT.

I have the same but on the rubber strap. Classy without being too flashy and the way the light plays off the dial... simply stunning.

Congratulations!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats, and yes, you won‘t need another watch. Enjoy it and wear the hell out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ofted42 View Post
    Not sure why, probably a combination of being a space nut (moon watch!), loving the designs, the name, etc.
    If you don't mind my asking, why this then instead of the Speedy Pro?

Great watch, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by ScholarsInk View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, why this then instead of the Speedy Pro?

Great watch, anyway!
    Good question. I originally was looking at the speedys, but knowing that this was going to be pretty much it for me for a long, long time I decided that I wanted something more versatile. This should hold up to dunkings, bonks against desks and doorjams, etc. I tried on a speedy at the AD, and it also didn't give me the "wow' that I was expecting. Plus on my big wrists it just seemed a bit off. (side note, I asked the lady at the counter if it was the hesalite or sapphire glass and got "huh? They're all sapphire! What's hesalite?" It was the hesalite, which I knew, but wanted to see if she did.) I tried the seamaster next and that was pretty much it. Briefly considered the planet ocean since I wanted something a little more tool-like, but even for my 8" wrists it just seemed too thick. It made me realize that a long term goal might be finding a good condition Planet Ocean 2500 some day. Long ways off though, going to enjoy the hell out of this one.

Related note, just took pics of all the watches I'll be posting tonight and found that a few of them hurt a bit more than I expected. Realized I just can't let go of my Oris Clipperton yet, it's just too pretty. Close call with the Seiko Transocean too, but I can't keep two blue dive watches. The rest are out the door though.

Congrats on the great watch! I'm an Omega fan as well and understand passing on the speedy. I have a PO 2500d and getting ready to pull the trigger on an 8900 AT. After that I'll reel in a 300 SMPc and call it a day.

In the end we buy what we like. The Speedy line just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's the chronograph thing.

Anyway...wear the Omega in good health! It's a great watch and an awesome gift to hand down to your son.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hope this one sticks and you end up creating great memories with your Omega.

Mike

Congrats on the pick up and I like the touch of red contrasting the black and silver!
    Wear it in good health!

Nice! Congratulations. That one should certainly be versatile, and it looks good on you.
    Casio / C.Ward / Grand Seiko / Hamilton / Junghans / Laco / Nomos / Omega / Panerai / Rolex / Sinn / Timex / Tudor

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information