Entry into Omega
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By enycelilc
  • 1 Post By backpacker1040
  • 1 Post By enycelilc

Thread: Entry into Omega

Entry into Omega

Hello, all. I've dabbled in the watch world for several years now, and am really getting interested in the Omega history and brand. Up until this point, I've bought and sold Tag Heuer watches (currently own the Carrera CV2010 and the all black titanium Waj2180).

I've done a bit of research on omega and am really interested in their connection not only with the space program but aviation in general as my family is made up of flight instructors!

I'd likely have to sell my Tag's to purchase an omega, and I'd estimate having approximately $2000 - $2300 to invest in an omega. Given my lack of history and experience with omega, I'm looking for some recommendations for used omega variations to look into in that price range. I am liking the chronograph Speedmaster professional (and maybe I just answered my own question), but there are so many variations each with their own numbering system (and values) that make it a bit rough for a new collector like me to know what exactly I'm looking at.

Given my approximate budget and interests, what should I reasonably expect to purchase?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Entry into Omega

i'm no expert on all models and their values but based on what i've seen, you likely won't find any Speedmaster Pro's in that price range. you could get into a Speedmaster Reduced 3539.50 which has a similar look to the Pro but in a smaller size. you can also def get into a number of Seamasters if you like that look but most don't have a chrono
    georgegervin44 likes this.

I was in similar situation, got into watches via Heuer Monaco Gulf Edition, then bought a couple of modern Tags, and wanted to sell and go into omega, i think you should increase your budget by just a little bit, at around $3,000 you might be able to get a nice FOIS , you can find them barley used for $3,000-$32000 or new from joma shop for $3400
    instagram: Tarek_307

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really like the FOIS option. There is one in particular on ebay with a leather strap that I think looks outstanding (unfortunately, the price matches at $4k OBO).
    FarmKid likes this.

the FOIS only comes on that brown leather strap unless you buy a steel bracelet to go with it. they pop up often and you should be able to find it for the low 3,000's if you keep an eye on the WUS sales corner
    FarmKid likes this.

Thread Information