Experiences with the Omega Speedmaster Professional X-33

Thread: Experiences with the Omega Speedmaster Professional X-33

Experiences with the Omega Speedmaster Professional X-33

I'm thinking about buying a high end quartz watch, and the Omega Speedmaster X-33 is a serious option for me.
    But i still have a few questions about the watch and I know there are quite some Owners of this watch on this forum .
    I want to use this watch for daily wear and especially for when i'm going to sport such as running or play some tennis.
    How is the watch as a daily wearer and is it also good to use as a sport watch?
    My second question is about the first generation and the second one of the X-33.
    Are there more complaints with the first generation compared with the second one.
    I red something in the past about this on a forum. I hope you guys can share some of your experiences with the Omega Speedmaster professional X-33.

Re: Experiences with the Omega Speedmaster Professional X-33

I own the 1st generation X33.

My brother own the 2nd Generation X33.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Willem
    The X33 is a great watch to use a a daily wearer. It look very sporty IMO. It can also be use as a sport watch. It is design to withstand a lot of G Force.

My second question is about the first generation and the second one of the X-33.
    Are there more complaints with the first generation compared with the second one.
    I red something in the past about this on a forum. I hope you guys can share some of your experiences with the Omega Speedmaster professional X-33.
    I have no problem with my 1st Generation X33. If you are buying from the bay you can find a brand new 2nd Generation for about $1300-$1500

I hope you buy the X33 you wont be disappointed

Regards,
    Kevin

Don't ponder!Get it (V-2) you will love this Speedmaster!John Wilson.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm thinking about buying a high end quartz watch, and the Omega Speedmaster X-33 is a serious option for me.
    But i still have a few questions about the watch and I know there are quite some Owners of this watch on this forum .
    I want to use this watch for daily wear and especially for when i'm going to sport such as running or play some tennis.
    P.S.try this.http://www.convergencetime.com/?page_id=45

I am the owner of the X-33 since the introduction on the market and I am VERY happy with it , it is an excellent sport watch (as soon as you do not dive with it due to its limited WR at 30 meters , but swimming is OK)

There are only few mods between the first and second generation wich IMO do not justify to pay that much difference

here is mine (note the modified bezel originally polished : I have satin finish it like on the second generation model)

you'll get more info on the X-33 on my website : http://www.speedmaster-mission.net

cheers
    JM
    Jean-Michel

Click on the image to visit my websites

Ozz

I looked at this watch because I want a sports watch, but was a bit scared away because of my doubts about the waterresistance. I need a watch that I can use for sailing races and therefor really need the countdown timer.

The 'holes' on the back of the watch for the alarm worried me. When falling in the water (iam on a catamaran, so you will get wet) that's OK??

So, water OK, diving not OK?

Thanks,
    Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz

So, water OK, diving not OK?

Thanks,
    Oz.
    yes you are right swimming is OK with it but I would not dive (scuba) with it
    if you are looking for a diving + saling watch with count down , look for the Seamaster chronograph "Racing"

cheers
    JM
    Jean-Michel

JM apart from the bezel ring are the pushers also brushed on your X-33?

JM apart from the bezel ring are the pushers also brushed on your X-33?
    no I do not have brushed the pushers ... I plan to do so
    cheers
    JM
    Jean-Michel

Thread Information