Finishing on 1503-825 half link
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By keisuke_z

Thread: Finishing on 1503-825 half link

Finishing on 1503-825 half link

Recently acquired the transition era black Bond SMP and to my surprise, the half link on the bracelet had been carefully finished to match the rest of the full links! If only they’d done this all along so we didn’t have the full brushed half links on the other Bond SMP bracelets (pre-screw & pin era)

fskywalker likes this.

Re: Finishing on 1503-825 half link

Quote Originally Posted by keisuke_z View Post
    Recently acquired the transition era black Bond SMP and to my surprise, the half link on the bracelet had been carefully finished to match the rest of the full links! If only they’d done this all along so we didn’t have the full brushed half links on the other Bond SMP bracelets (pre-screw & pin era)

I haven't seen that finish before, could be that the previous owner had it done like that. Even on the 1515/816 modern Bond bracelet on the SMPc with the lacquered dials the half link is fully brushed from factory
    Francisco
    Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
    ♛ 16610 / 18239
    ★ 03.2150.400/69

Re: Finishing on 1503-825 half link

Quote Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
    I haven't seen that finish before, could be that the previous owner had it done like that. Even on the 1515/816 modern Bond bracelet on the SMPc with the lacquered dials the half link is fully brushed from factory
    Yea! I think so too. It’s unfortunate that Omega was willing to do this on older bracelet half links like for the Speedy style bracelet - in fact, even on those the brushed part is an entirely separate piece. I’m going to try and do this on all of my other Bond half links but I probably need some additional tools.