First Omega, Opinions?

Thread: First Omega, Opinions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Omega, Opinions?

Merry Christmas. I purchased a new to me Omega. It's a 2594.52 Seamaster Chrono. I bought it from an authorized dealer in my area (Jareds, Novi MI). The watch was eaither a case worn watch or a watch returned, unsized within their 30 day return policy. I paid $1900 for it, it's in perfect condition, looks like brand new never worn. I sent the serial # into Omega and was told the watch is from 2005. Is it possible this watch was in a case for 4 years without anyone buying it? Is the price I paid fair, or did I pay to much? I've read about issues with this movement (3301) in the earlier years do you think it's something to worry about or avoid? ?Sorry for the long winded post I have 30 days to return it myself and want to be sure I made a wise decision. Thanks in advanced for any advice you can give.

Re: First Omega, Opinions?

Couple of questions. There used to be this great barbecue place in Novi called Red, White and Blues..is it still there?

I have been trying to figure out when my watch was made too, did you just send Omega an email with your serial number?

Actually to answer your original question, I purchased new a Two Tone Rolex GMT II from an AD here in Wisconsin about a year ago and it was dated, according to the serial number, as some time in 2006. Not quite as extreme a time frame as yours but I would bet it does happen. Warranty starts from the date you buy it though so it's all good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.p View Post
    Merry Christmas. I purchased a new to me Omega. It's a 2594.52 Seamaster Chrono. I bought it from an authorized dealer in my area (Jareds, Novi MI). The watch was eaither a case worn watch or a watch returned, unsized within their 30 day return policy. I paid $1900 for it, it's in perfect condition, looks like brand new never worn. I sent the serial # into Omega and was told the watch is from 2005. Is it possible this watch was in a case for 4 years without anyone buying it? Is the price I paid fair, or did I pay to much? I've read about issues with this movement (3301) in the earlier years do you think it's something to worry about or avoid? ?Sorry for the long winded post I have 30 days to return it myself and want to be sure I made a wise decision. Thanks in advanced for any advice you can give.
    It IS possible that the watch has been in the case for that long, I don't believe this has been a particularly beloved model.

Frankly, the 3301, and in particular older versions of it, shouldn't be touched with a 10 foot pole. If you want a good chronograph Seamaster, your only real option is the reliable 7750 powered 2225.80.00. Don't be a victim, take that watch back and get something with a different movement. There have been so many members who have had issues with 33xx watches.

If you want the best chronograph Omega currently offers, consider the Speedmaster Professional 3570.50 as well.

"
    I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. I don't know how yet. Possibly with dynamite. "

Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Omega 1950s Gold Bumper
    Casio G-SHOCK DW5600E-1V

I believe that place closed down a while ago, went there a few times for drink's but never ate there. Yep, that's all I did was send my serial # into Omega with a few questions and they replied, quickly, with some answers. I replied a few times to the service rep assigned to my case and she answered all my follow up questions as well as she could, and right away. So far I am more than impressed with their customer service.

Hey, welcome to WUS, and congrats on your new Omega.

Congratulations on your first Omega. That is a great looking chrono. I really like the sword hands, the markers and the great lume. I like your model better than the newer ones.
    I don't know much about the movement.
    I got a 2007 model SMP recently, it's also pre-coaxial, but it is a great watch!
    I think you got great value for the money on your's, and probably one that is not easily found any more.
    Enjoy it and look forward to some pics.
    Merry Christmas,
    Carl

My 2007 SMP 36mm midsize - still love the looks:
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuttio View Post
    Frankly, the 3301, and in particular older versions of it, shouldn't be touched with a 10 foot pole.
    +1

Here's a link to a compilation from the late Chuck Maddox's blog – http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com...-are-they.html

Also google "omega 3301 problems" and read up a bit. The non-chrono version of this watch used the 1120, so no problems there, but the 3301 was a bucket of hurt for a lot of those that bought them.

I have had three 3301, one was changed by the jewellery because the chrono doesn´t reset to zero, the second stoped one day but it was serviced by omega free (it was in warranty) and now it is my favourite and I use it everyday, the third works properly

Thanks for all the help so far, a lot of knowledge at this place. Does anyone what know what an early version of the 3301 would be. I've read somewhere that the problems are seen in the early models 2002-2004. Does this sound right?
    Last edited by j.a.p; December 27th, 2009 at 07:28.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information