First Omega In Space (FOIS), A Comfortable Friend - Page 3
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: First Omega In Space (FOIS), A Comfortable Friend

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: First Omega In Space (FOIS), A Comfortable Friend

Quote Originally Posted by Titan II View Post
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the FOIS, Carl.

Looking at the OMEGAs I have in my collection it's obvious that we have similar tastes. I highly respect your opinions when it comes to watches, and as you know, those opinions have gone a long way in shaping my budding collection.

Thanks also for continuing to provide us all with high quality eye candy that are you photographs. I always look forward to them and I'm never disappointed.

As for the Vancouver OMEGA Boutique, I can attest to the warm and inviting atmosphere that Carl speaks of. After arranging a meeting with Carl at The Boutique, I had the pleasure of spending a great afternoon talking watches with Carl and Jorge. We must have been there for at least a couple of hours looking at, and trying on, all kinds of watches. Not once did I ever feel under pressure to purchase anything. It was just a nice afternoon spent talking watches with like minded people.

Carl, it makes me happy to hear that your enjoying your watch as much as you are. I hope it continues for a long, long time.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and your great photos.

Best,

René
    Great to hear from you René. We'll have to do another GTG at some point. This watch really has taken me by surprise. I knew I would like it, but no this much. I am confident the feeling will last!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Titan II likes this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Quote Originally Posted by lo_scrivano View Post
    I thought about building a 40 and under Speedy collection with a Trilogy, FOIS, Reduced, Racing and may yet do it. For now I’ve added a Pro as I was enamored by the piece I found.

I love that you now own 2 historic Speedies in a 2915 reissue and FOIS. Curious if you also own a Moonwatch.
    Sounds like a great collection you have started! I actually owned Speedy Pro Moonwatches over the years. I was being stubborn and not getting a FOIS because it didn't have a stainless steel bracelet or hesalite crystal. Unfortunately, I could never get it to fit comfortably, so both of them were sold. Times change, and so do tastes, and now I find most of my watches are on leather straps. Perfect opportunity to finally get the FOIS. And I am very glad I did. It will likely turn out to be my favorite of the two Speedies, after the Trilogy Speedy I never thought I would get another Speedy!

Cheers,
    Carl

Congratulations Carl! Beautiful timepiece! Great snappy review! Great pics. Love this thread!
    carlhaluss likes this.
    "Meliora Eligo."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great snaps and story as well. Thanks for sharing. FOIS is indeed a great watch.
    carlhaluss likes this.

I went to attempt to try one on but they sold it a few days ago!
    mase44 and carlhaluss like this.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Quote Originally Posted by Roningrad View Post
    Congratulations Carl! Beautiful timepiece! Great snappy review! Great pics. Love this thread!
    Thanks! It is fun and gratifying to see so many positive responses and comments!

Cheers,
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by d4nimal View Post
    Great snaps and story as well. Thanks for sharing. FOIS is indeed a great watch.
    Thank you! It great fun do share such a beautiful watch with all you guys. Wonderful group on this forum!

Cheers,
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by dantan View Post
    I went to attempt to try one on but they sold it a few days ago!
    Sorry to hear you didn't get to try it on! I was looking forward to hearing your comments, or possibly an "Incoming". It still seems to be a very popular model, even after 7 years, since it was introduced in 2012. I don't know how long they will keep producing this model as it's designated as a "Special Edition", although that doesn't mean there is a limit on number produced. Did your AD say when they would get another one? Looking again at your collection, it seems like the perfect addition!

How are you enjoying your H. Moser Pioneer? They have now introduced a stainless steel bracelet for the Pioneer. I saw it on a Limited Edition model at Palladio here in Vancouver. I was really impressed with the bracelet - and the watch - the first H. Moser with a stainless steel bracelet, and rotatable bezel. Actually, the thing that impressed me most about the bracelet, was the small clasp which contains a very remarkable adjustment mechanism, about 8 micro adjusts to about 1cm. You don't even need to take the watch off your wrist, as there is a smallish buttom on top of the clasp to release the mechanism. Very clever! Just a few pics of the watch here. H. Moser also posted a pic recently of the green dial regular Pioneer with the bracelet:

It's a very thick bracelet, and pretty heavy. Maybe I will make a separate thread in the Public forum about this watch. I imagine the bracelet is pretty expensive.

Cheers,
    Carl
    NC_Hager626 likes this.

The thing I love about the FOIS is the solid case back. I have been loving watches since I was 5 years old (37 years ago) I have had many many many watches over the years. The glass case back so I can see the movement has gotten really old for me.

I would rather a solid case back

I actually like the hands on this watch over the later stick hands

The thing I like the most is the amount of stuff you get with the watch.
    Last edited by journeyforce; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:17. Reason: spelling
    carlhaluss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    The thing I love about the FOIS is the solid case back. I have been loving watches since I was 5 years old (37 years ago) I have had many many many watches over the years. The glass case back so I can see the movement has gotten really old for me.

I would rather a solid case back

I actually like the hands on this watch over the later stick hands

The think I like the most is the amount of stuff you get with the watch.
    I am in total agreement with you about the solid case back! There are a few other Omega watches I was hugely interested in, back having the open sapphire case back is getting really old with me as well. Although, I do have exceptions. Most manually wound movements, where the movement is made to fit the watch case, and of course beautifully decorated. Another exception is the gorgeous Zenith legendary El Primero movement. Not only that, but they make an amazing looking rotor.

The hands on this one really are beautiful. And more interesting to me than the stick hands. This FOIS, though, unlike the Speedy Pro, comes in a much smaller box, although a beautiful black wooden box. But there are no extras with this one! I actually prefer this smaller box, with the lovely plaque:

Name:  FOIS9.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  3.13 MB

Cheers,
    Carl
    cybercat likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information