First Omega In Space (FOIS), A Comfortable Friend - Page 4
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: First Omega In Space (FOIS), A Comfortable Friend

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dantan View Post
    I went to attempt to try one on but they sold it a few days ago!
    Sorry to hear you didn't get to try it on! I was looking forward to hearing your comments, or possibly an "Incoming". It still seems to be a very popular model, even after 7 years, since it was introduced in 2012. I don't know how long they will keep producing this model as it's designated as a "Special Edition", although that doesn't mean there is a limit on number produced. Did your AD say when they would get another one? Looking again at your collection, it seems like the perfect addition!

How are you enjoying your H. Moser Pioneer? They have now introduced a stainless steel bracelet for the Pioneer. I saw it on a Limited Edition model at Palladio here in Vancouver. I was really impressed with the bracelet - and the watch - the first H. Moser with a stainless steel bracelet, and rotatable bezel. Actually, the thing that impressed me most about the bracelet, was the small clasp which contains a very remarkable adjustment mechanism, about 8 micro adjusts to about 1cm. You don't even need to take the watch off your wrist, as there is a smallish buttom on top of the clasp to release the mechanism. Very clever! Just a few pics of the watch here. H. Moser also posted a pic recently of the green dial regular Pioneer with the bracelet:

It's a very thick bracelet, and pretty heavy. Maybe I will make a separate thread in the Public forum about this watch. I imagine the bracelet is pretty expensive.

Cheers,
    Carl
    The Authorised Dealer that I went to did not know when they would receive another one.

Generally, First Omega In Space Speedmasters are not particularly difficult to find.

I do not think that it would be longer than a few weeks before another is available.

They had two Speedmaster Professionals in stock, on display.

Wow; that stainless steel bracelet looks amazing!

I am really happy with my Moser Pioneer! It is a large Watch on my small wrist but it is comfortable and the Blue Dial is stunning!
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Re: First Omega In Space (FOIS), A Comfortable Friend

I was finally able to actually try on a FOIS today after months of looking at them online. I have to agree with Carl on this: I liked it so much more than my Speedy Pro. The size felt better without the crown guards and it was a lot easier to wind than my original. So, now I just have to obtain the FOIS, because there is certainly room in my collection for both pieces.
    carlhaluss likes this.

Fantastic write-up and congrats on the watch. Will be getting a FOIS of my own soon.
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Tissot PRS 516
    Longines Master Collection Blue Dial
    Tag Heuer Formula 1 Gulf Special Edition

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mase44 View Post
    I was finally able to actually try on a FOIS today after months of looking at them online. I have to agree with Carl on this: I liked it so much more than my Speedy Pro. The size felt better without the crown guards and it was a lot easier to wind than my original. So, now I just have to obtain the FOIS, because there is certainly room in my collection for both pieces.
    It really does make a difference in winding, without the crown guards, and that crown being so thin. Hope you can get one soon in your collection!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Quote Originally Posted by t.serban View Post
    Fantastic write-up and congrats on the watch. Will be getting a FOIS of my own soon.
    Thanks. Will look forward to hearing your thoughts about the watch.

Cheers,
    Carl

My wife wants to get me a watch for my birthday and because I’m just an awesome husband and father lol

The FOIS is one that she likes - I’m not going to turn it down if that’s what she decides to buy!

The Zenith Defy blue dial, white OP39 and Tudor BB58 are also on the shortlist I gave her lol

Sorry to go a little OT Carl!

Anyway just wanted to say Carl that you are on a roll with your recent watches - I’m in love with the Zenith you picked up also
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Current Watches
    Glashütte Original Senator Excellence Omega Speedmaster 1957 (60th Anniversary) Casio G Shock (GMW-B5000GD-1)

Sold Watches
    Omega
    Aqua Terra (2503.33.00) Omega Speedmaster (3570.50) IWC Portugieser (IW3714-46) IWC Pilot (IW3777-19) Tag Heuer Monaco (CAW211B) Tag Heuer Grand Carrera (WAV5111) Casio G Shock (GX-56DGK-1, GLS-5600CL-3, , DW-5600MS-1)

Quote Originally Posted by issey.miyake View Post
    My wife wants to get me a watch for my birthday and because I’m just an awesome husband and father lol

The FOIS is one that she likes - I’m not going to turn it down if that’s what she decides to buy!

The Zenith Defy blue dial, white OP39 and Tudor BB58 are also on the shortlist I gave her lol

Sorry to go a little OT Carl!

Anyway just wanted to say Carl that you are on a roll with your recent watches - I’m in love with the Zenith you picked up also
    Hey, never be sorry. Hopefully, your wife will get what you want. Of the three you listed, though, the Zenith Defy blue dial is the stunner! I don't know if you have seen it in real life, but the whole watch is amazing. All in titanium, and I would go for the titanium bracelet as well. It is so exquisitely made, and very comfortable, and light, and simply stunning. I don't normally go for blue dial watches, but this one would likely be my number one pick!

As for my Zenith A384, I was so lucky to see that when I did, and that it was available. So far, even though I am constantly looking at watches, I have seen nothing I would rather have.

Can't wait to see which watch you end up with!

Cheers,
    Carl
    issey.miyake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    Hey, never be sorry. Hopefully, your wife will get what you want. Of the three you listed, though, the Zenith Defy blue dial is the stunner! I don't know if you have seen it in real life, but the whole watch is amazing. All in titanium, and I would go for the titanium bracelet as well. It is so exquisitely made, and very comfortable, and light, and simply stunning. I don't normally go for blue dial watches, but this one would likely be my number one pick!

As for my Zenith A384, I was so lucky to see that when I did, and that it was available. So far, even though I am constantly looking at watches, I have seen nothing I would rather have.

Can't wait to see which watch you end up with!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Thanks Carl!

For me also I’m smitten by the Zenith - it just all goes together and is so unique. The date window is my only reservation but I can probably live with this.

The bracelet is probably my favourite part followed by the sunburnt blue dial and the ‘floating’ markers.

It won’t be until early 2020 but I’m looking forward to it for sure!
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Current Watches
    Glashütte Original Senator Excellence Omega Speedmaster 1957 (60th Anniversary) Casio G Shock (GMW-B5000GD-1)

Sold Watches
    Omega
    Aqua Terra (2503.33.00) Omega Speedmaster (3570.50) IWC Portugieser (IW3714-46) IWC Pilot (IW3777-19) Tag Heuer Monaco (CAW211B) Tag Heuer Grand Carrera (WAV5111) Casio G Shock (GX-56DGK-1, GLS-5600CL-3, , DW-5600MS-1)

Quote Originally Posted by issey.miyake View Post
    Thanks Carl!

For me also I’m smitten by the Zenith - it just all goes together and is so unique. The date window is my only reservation but I can probably live with this.

The bracelet is probably my favourite part followed by the sunburnt blue dial and the ‘floating’ markers.

It won’t be until early 2020 but I’m looking forward to it for sure!
    I know it's a small detail - but small details do matter - and I actually ended up liking the date window when I saw it in real life. I think it was the way they finish it, with the beveled edges and the white frame, I will have to take another look. I would also have preferred without date, but the whole watch is done so well that I know I could live with it as well. Definitely something to look forward to!

Cheers,
    Carl
    issey.miyake likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information