First Omega In Space (FOIS), A Comfortable Friend - Page 5
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: First Omega In Space (FOIS), A Comfortable Friend

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: First Omega In Space (FOIS), A Comfortable Friend

Quote Originally Posted by t.serban View Post
    Any comments on the thickness? Seems pretty thick from the pictures.
    Itís 14.5mm thick, which also includes appx 1.5mm for the domed crystal. Not an excessively thick watch, and proportionate to itís case width. I have absolutely no issues with comfort, nor can I recall over the years that the thickness has, in any way, been an issue. I donít wear many shirts with a cuff, so canít comment on that issue.

Cheers,
    Carl
    t.serban and Buschyfor3 like this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    It’s 14.5mm thick, which also includes appx 1.5mm for the domed crystal. Not an excessively thick watch, and proportionate to it’s case width. I have absolutely no issues with comfort, nor can I recall over the years that the thickness has, in any way, been an issue. I don’t wear many shirts with a cuff, so can’t comment on that issue.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Thanks for giving the exact thickness! I can now compare with my existing watches and see where it stands. Much appreciated.

You're probably wondering why I'm asking for these details instead of just visiting an AD and seeing it for myself. That's because the closest Omega AD is 300 miles away from where I live, so I'm trying to do my homework before planning a trip there.
    Last edited by t.serban; 3 Weeks Ago at 19:51.
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Tissot PRS 516
    Longines Master Collection Blue Dial
    Tag Heuer Formula 1 Gulf Special Edition

Thanks for giving the exact thickness! I can now compare with my existing watches and see where it stands. Much appreciated.

You're probably wondering why I'm asking for these details instead of just visiting an AD and seeing it for myself. That's because the closest Omega AD is 300 miles away from where I live, so I'm trying to do my homework before planning a trip there.
    You are very welcome! Actually, the thought did cross my mind that you might not be near an AD. I am fortunate to have the only Omega Boutique in Canada downtown! Anything else you might want to know, please ask.

Cheers,
    Carl
    t.serban likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So I finally got to see it and try it on. I'm conflicted. The watch is gorgeous but it's way smaller than I expected. My current watches are either 42 or 43 mm and at 40mm the FOIS seems waaaaay smaller.
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Tissot PRS 516

It was nice to read about your experience(s) in beautiful Vancouver. We also have an Omega Boutique here in Nashville and the folks are quite nice. That said, one should also consider sponsor Omega AD 'Topper Jewelers' for their needs. I have purchased several watches from them over the years including this FOIS (and its strap and deployment clasp). Great folks there too.

Name:  IMG_3662.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  2.36 MB
    carlhaluss likes this.

So I finally got to see it and try it on. I'm conflicted. The watch is gorgeous but it's way smaller than I expected. My current watches are either 42 or 43 mm and at 40mm the FOIS seems waaaaay smaller.
    I get what youíre saying. Lucky for me, I am comfortable with all sizes. Did you have a chance to try the 42mm Speedy Pro? It seems quite a bit bigger. The leather strap on the FOIS is 19mm luv width, and also quite tapered which also make it feel smaller. The lug width on the Speedy Pro is 20mm and, if I recall, the steel bracelet is no very tapered. Glad you got to try the FOIS.
    t.serban likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by B17B25guy View Post
    It was nice to read about your experience(s) in beautiful Vancouver. We also have an Omega Boutique here in Nashville and the folks are quite nice. That said, one should also consider sponsor Omega AD 'Topper Jewelers' for their needs. I have purchased several watches from them over the years including this FOIS (and its strap and deployment clasp). Great folks there too.

Name:  IMG_3662.JPG
Views: 45
Size:  2.36 MB
    Yes, I have heard nothing but good things about Topper. It wouldnít be practical, though, to purchase from across the border. I have occasionally checked that out. However, with the high exchange rate plus import duty and taxes, and our currency giving a bit of a price advantage, I find that even with a discount it usually works out cheaper to buy locally.

Cheers,
    Carl
    B17B25guy likes this.

I get what you’re saying. Lucky for me, I am comfortable with all sizes. Did you have a chance to try the 42mm Speedy Pro? It seems quite a bit bigger. The leather strap on the FOIS is 19mm luv width, and also quite tapered which also make it feel smaller. The lug width on the Speedy Pro is 20mm and, if I recall, the steel bracelet is no very tapered. Glad you got to try the FOIS.
    Going beyond the size, I just don't think Speedy's are a fit for me. Until I tried the FOIS I was living with a certain mental image of what a Speedy would look like on my wrist, which has pretty much been dispelled now. Oh well, plenty of other watches out there.
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Tissot PRS 516

It’s 14.5mm thick, which also includes appx 1.5mm for the domed crystal. Not an excessively thick watch, and proportionate to it’s case width. I have absolutely no issues with comfort, nor can I recall over the years that the thickness has, in any way, been an issue. I don’t wear many shirts with a cuff, so can’t comment on that issue.

Cheers,
    Carl
    I wear mine daily with cuffed dress shirts and the thickness has never been an issue - never had it hang up on a cuff, not even slightly snug (granted I do have tiny wrists so maybe my shirt cuffs are just too big for me haha). Looks the business though when its poking out from under a cuff or a suit jacket.
    carlhaluss likes this.

Current:
    - Omega Speedmaster "FOIS" 311.32.40.30.01.001 #89XX

Instant classic!

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information