First Omega - what age and why did you get an omega? - Page 2
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: First Omega - what age and why did you get an omega?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: First Omega - what age and why did you get an omega?

Bought my first Omega last week, aged 34. Seamaster this time, but it’ll be a speedy next Name:  257162D8-9EAD-4FC7-836E-11D572A83113.jpeg
Views: 270
Size:  1.56 MB
    Leonine and 71 TRUCK like this.

Nice story, but I didn't fully understand the bit about the watchmaker bench and the priest. Could you explain, please?

I got my first Omega at 32.

I have at least 2 colleagues who wear Speedmasters: 1 Pro and 1 FOIS. But it might have to do with the fact that I work for a space related company.
    Removing the Sent from my xPhone using Tapatalk spam from your signature is really easy. Please take a moment to do it.
    ---

Got my first, and only, Omega about a month ago at age 49. Been collecting for about 7 years and gradually increasing the value of my collection. Got to the point where I wanted to see what all the hoop-la was about. My previous most expensive watch was a $500 Hamilton. Then I found a nice Tag for $950. Then I said “what the heck”, saved up for a while, sold some watches I wasn’t wearing and got a blue SMP Bond from Exelonman on the sales forum for $1800. Been wearing it daily. I love it so much I Have decided to reduce the collection even more and save up for a black SMP.

The only other Omega I’ve seen in the wild were some older guys at a bar about a year ago. One had a Planet Ocean the other a black SMP. I had my Seiko SKX Pepsi on. We had a little watch-talk. That is what got me thinking about Omega.

Name:  524CC771-56CF-41CD-AA1A-05C76B440366.jpeg
Views: 211
Size:  796.0 KB
    Last edited by Minorcollector; March 19th, 2019 at 16:03.
    Never try to install spring bars in a hurry. -lvt

"Affordable" just means you end up spending the same amount of money, but end up with a greater number of watches. -MandoBear

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HiggsBoson View Post
    Looks great. What size is it??
    39.5mm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bought my first in 2000 after watching the Bond film. I wanted my first "expensive" watch and went looking for a Rolex. My local watchmaker convinced me Omega was better and since I loved Bond, it was an easy choice for me. I wore the watch every day all day for 16 years. Never had it serviced. It was worn in pools, hot tubs, skiing , biking, bathing, etc. Bought pre-loved as well.....

Speedy Pro - first really “nice” watch at 34, before I joined WUS and realised they were such a forum favourite too. Always wanted an omega and the speedy called out to me for its looks and history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    71 TRUCK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jinfaep View Post
    39.5mm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Here is my 39.5 PO too. Fits my slim, 17cm wrists perfectly!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aliosa_007, jinfaep and 71 TRUCK like this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060. Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT. Omega Aqua Terra 8500. Omega Planet Ocean 8800. Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF. Casio MRG-7600-1AJF. Casio MRG-7700-1AJF. Casio GMW-B5000-1ER. Casio GMW-B5000TB-1ER. Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

I got my first Omega, a Speedmaster Pro, when I was 30... About 10 years ago. Found this forum, saw the Speedmaster and I was smitten. Had to have it. Been in love with it ever since. It was fate since I have always been interested in anything space/moon landing related my entire life. Just crazy that a watch was so closely associated with that and I just never new it. It just took the right time for both my interests to cross paths. Thanks WUS! To this day my favorite watch.

I have seen a Speedmaster in public once in 10 years. Had a nice conversation with the owner. I believe he said he'd had for years and I was the first person to ever comment on it or notice it.

Russ

I was 27 years old, and got a 8500 Planet Ocean. I recently sold that watch, as 45.5 mm was too large, I prefer 40 - 44 mm.

Name:  IMG_0055.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  102.1 KB
    Aliosa_007 and 71 TRUCK like this.

I was 26, and bought myself a sapphire sandwich Speedmaster. I first found out about the watch here, when I was hunting for a second watch that I could use as a beater. At the time, I had no idea what the term "beater" even meant. While I ended up with a Victorinox Maverick quartz chrono on rubber, I also made the mistake of finding this website and deciding I needed a Speedy. This has led to a collection of 9 watches in total - 7 more than I expected to reasonably have when I started.

My second Omega was a gift from my fiancee for my 30th birthday/MBA graduation this past summer, a blue SMPc. She knew that I wasn't a fan of the new model (I frequently talk to her about watches, and just assume that she tunes me out lol), and surprised me with one! I definitely found a keeper!
    Simon and tyler.t908 like this.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information