First Omega - what age and why did you get an omega? - Page 9
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: First Omega - what age and why did you get an omega?

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Re: First Omega - what age and why did you get an omega?

I was 26 and purchased a Bond Watch seamaster thanks in large part to Pierce Brosnan. At the time I didn't know why the salesman was explaining that I could have it in quartz or automatic. All I knew was they looked the same and since I could barely squeeze the purchase under my credit card limit, it had to be quartz. Bummer is I left that watch in a Palm Springs hotel. I replaced it 19 years later, this time with a used automatic that cost less than I paid for the quartz. My love affair with Omegas and watches continues but I'm a much more sophisticated consumer now. Thanks to all the posters on all the watch forums that educated me along the way.
    keisuke_z likes this.

36 got it this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    71 TRUCK, fish70 and Manosar like this.

I was 30, just discovered WUS and had always been enamoured by the Bond SMP. After staring at mind boggling amounts of photos of the 2220.80, I decided to pull the trigger, and itís remained the one watch thatís stayed in my collection over the last 8+ years of loving and learning about watches. Currently my PO 8900 gets more wrist time, but Iíll always go back to my 2220.80 as itís so comfortable to wear, and carries much sentiment as well, since I got it at a very transitional point in my life.
    fish70 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  DSCN1821.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  1.21 MB
    Bought this while on a cruise in 2016.
    At the time I was 50.
    I had no intention of buying a watch on this cruise however we were at an AD I have purchased watches from in the past. As I was looking at watches the orange bezel caught my attention. I asked if he had the watch as a Chronometer with the orange bezel. Unfortunately he only had it with the black bezel and the orange was my reason for the interest.
    After he checked his other store to check stock he told me he did not have one, however if I wanted this one he would make me a good deal. He did and I went home with a new watch.
    My first good Swiss watch was a Breitling and I bought that one when I was 43. Before that I have had mostly Seiko dive watches.
    fish70 and tyler.t908 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Manosar View Post
    Age 33 - inherited an old seamaster bumper (circa 1958) from my father. Have tried to get it serviced, but still not running well. Looking for the right place to take it. In the meantime, at age 34 I got myself a working 210.32.42.20.06.001 - beautiful piece and hasn't left my wrist!Attachment 14270571
    Really like the look of it when paired with that rubber strap. Makes the watch look knextra sporty.
    fish70 and Manosar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjian414 View Post
    Really like the look of it when paired with that rubber strap. Makes the watch look knextra sporty.
    I'm weird, but I don't love the seamaster bracelet. I DO however love the rubber strap on this watch. Really makes the Omega lugs stand out (and aren't they beautiful?). That, plus the fact that the OEM rubber is extremely comfortable made this a no-brainer. Was also very nice to honor the seamaster I inherited from my father with a more modern version. Still want to get the bumper running...

26, right before my 27th birthday. Found a guy on Ebay who was local selling a Bond SMP, made a deal, and got it the next week. Got it because I wanted a step up from my 3 Hamiltons, which was accomplished.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    anonymousmoose likes this.

Bought my Speedmaster Moonwatch at 2007, when I was 26.

Wish they retail the same price I got it back then so I could add an AT or a SMPc to my small collection (I also have a few SKX, Casios and a Tag Aquaracer) but I guess I'll have to save for some years now.

My first Omega was the blue Seamaster 300M. I bought it about 4-5 years ago and I am 33 now. I purchased it as my first luxury timepiece because of my love of watches and the James Bond franchise (Grew up with Brosnan and Dalton as my Bonds) as well as a promotion I got at the time. I actually just picked up my second Omega TODAY, a De Ville Prestige, to commemorate my new job where I am in a suit everyday, classic need for a dress watch, and I happen to work for Cadillac which just happened to have a car called the DeVille many moons ago. :)
    Titan II, tiki5698 and spidaman like this.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT87 View Post
    My first Omega was the blue Seamaster 300M. I bought it about 4-5 years ago and I am 33 now. I purchased it as my first luxury timepiece because of my love of watches and the James Bond franchise (Grew up with Brosnan and Dalton as my Bonds) as well as a promotion I got at the time. I actually just picked up my second Omega TODAY, a De Ville Prestige, to commemorate my new job where I am in a suit everyday, classic need for a dress watch, and I happen to work for Cadillac which just happened to have a car called the DeVille many moons ago. :)
    Congratulations on your new job, and your new DeVille...Omega DeVille. How about a picture.

Rene
    Citizen Navihawk
    Momentum Supernova, Titan II (GONE--gifted to a friend's son), Aquamatic II (Blue Dial) (GONE--gifted to my boss)
    OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Railmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer (ref 220.10.38.20.01.002), Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (ref 310.30.42.30.01.005), Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer (ref 233.30.41.21.01.001)
    Seiko SKX007 (GONE--gifted to my uncle)
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II Roman (Unitas 6498), Nav. B-Chrono II DLC (ETA Valjoux 7750)(SOLD), Nav. B-Uhr II (Unitas 6497)(SOLD), Ocean One Vintage (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD), Ocean One Vintage Red (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD)

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information