Hairline on SMPc bezel? - Page 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Hairline on SMPc bezel?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Hairline on SMPc bezel?

I took an extra pic. It doesnít show unless you specially look for it at an angle, which would lead me to agree with others that itís not a real scratch perhaps? Since I assume a real scratch would be viewable at all angles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happened on my Planet Oceanís ceramic bezel insert. It is most likely the transfer of some metallic particles from a door knob or latch or something you accidentally came in contact with. Ceramic is really, really hard stuff so itís very unlikely that itís scratched The first recommendation is to use a pen eraser. If that doesnít remove the scuff, try a gentle polish like non-gel toothpaste. Omega sells its dealers a special eraser tool that they use to remove these types of scuffs if you donít feel comfortable trying yourself.

With my Planet Ocean, the gentler techniques above didnít remove the mark so I eventually tried Novus Plastic polish #3 (I use it polish UV-damaged car headlight covers) and that did the trick. No harm was done to the bezel insert and it looks like new now.

Thanks for the reply. I wouldnít have be so concerned if I had banged it somewhere. The only issue is I babied the watch for the last 4 days I wore it and did not come into contact with anything, which is why I am alarmed if itís an issue that happened during shipment.

I will take it to an omega botique tomorrow and see if they can do anything about it.

v1triol, NM156 and Titan II like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've previously read here that an eraser will remove marks on the ceramic bezel.
    Apparently, it's usually material left by the thing that the bezel came into contact with, and not a scratch in the bezel itself.
    Using an eraser will not damage the ceramic material in any way.
    Lee_K and Titan II like this.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060. Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT. Omega Aqua Terra 8500. Omega Planet Ocean 8800. Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF. Casio MRG-7600-1AJF. Casio MRG-7700-1AJF. Casio GMW-B5000-1ER. Casio GMW-B5000TB-1ER. Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Hairline on SMPc bezel?

I have read that folks have used an ink eraser to remove ďscratchesĒ successfully from ceramic bezels.

Well boys, just left the boutique. They confirmed itís a scratch and they canít do anything about it, itís just wear and tear and that even if I requested a bezel change, itís bound to happen. I tried to explain I had the previous SMPc and banged it a few times and nothing ever happened and he said itís probably just bad luck

Remind the OB people this :

Extranet -> Working Instruction 72.

What does that extranet -> WI 72 mean?

If you have a Omega Boutique at a reasonable distance, I would take it there. I concur with exactly what Titan wrote.

PJMED, I have taken it to a omega boutique. The staff there looked at my watch and confirmed itís a scratch that cannot be removed. They quoted me $1200 to have a bezel switch with labor if I opted to. I did not opt to as the watch is less than a week old.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information