Hairline on SMPc bezel?
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Hairline on SMPc bezel?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hairline on SMPc bezel?

Hey guys. Picked up the new blue wave dial on Wednesday and have been loving it since. Iíve been wearing it with utmost care and it has remained under my sleeves most of the time and hasnít made contact with anything. Today while staring at it under the light (the dial is just so gorgeous), I discovered what appears to be a hairline scratch on the bezel. Itís hard to see under normal conditions, only noticeable under a very acute angle and lighting. Iíve contacted the person I got it from but as far as my part, Any way to possible remove this, or if this is even a scratch? I love the watch and would want to keep it if I could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hairline on SMPc bezel?

Probably have to live with it. It does look very minor, i doubt you can feel it. If it's something on the bezel it should rub off. (cape cod?) It does however look like a slight scratch on the bezel.
    Show it to a jeweler?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That looks more like some metal came off on your bezel, not that itís scratched. An Omega Boutique will have a tool to remove that mark.

You should be able to see if itís a hairline by looking at the bezel on an angle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Could you elaborate on the angle thing? The line is only visible under certain angles.

Have you tried a light polish? If you can't feel it with your nail it's probably just on the surface

I have not but I just tried to feel it with my nail and did not feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by ac8587 View Post
    I have not but I just tried to feel it with my nail and did not feel it.

Hmmm - I would try a very light polish then. Let us know how it works out!

I've used polish on tag, Rolex, Invicta and festina bracelets with Both a dremel and by hand with decent results

Try a eckersly pen, works on all light blemishes you expect to get through simple wear..Doxa bezel are a good example of continuous bezel paint loss and scratch.
    All the best mate
    Dave

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ac8587 View Post
    Hey guys. Picked up the new blue wave dial on Wednesday and have been loving it since. I’ve been wearing it with utmost care and it has remained under my sleeves most of the time and hasn’t made contact with anything. Today while staring at it under the light (the dial is just so gorgeous), I discovered what appears to be a hairline scratch on the bezel. It’s hard to see under normal conditions, only noticeable under a very acute angle and lighting. I’ve contacted the person I got it from but as far as my part, Any way to possible remove this, or if this is even a scratch? I love the watch and would want to keep it if I could

STOP EVERYTHING!! Do not polish anything with a Cape Cod cloth or anything else. Resist the urge to mess with it and take it to an OMEGA Boutique.

What has probably happened is that the watch was brushed up against something and, because of the hardness of the ceramic, particles if the object it was brushed up against have been deposited onto the bezel. Leave it alone!!!

The OMEGA Boutique should have an eraser made of a special compound that will remove the deposit on the bezel.

Just please, for the love of all that is holy, resist to urge to mess with it and make it 1000 times worse.

Best of luck and let us know how you make out.

Renť
    Citizen Navihawk
    Momentum Supernova, Titan II (GONE--gifted to a friend's son), Aquamatic II (Blue Dial) (GONE--gifted to my boss)
    OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Railmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer (ref 220.10.38.20.01.002), Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (ref 310.30.42.30.01.005), Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer (ref 233.30.41.21.01.001)
    Seiko SKX007 (GONE--gifted to my uncle)
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II Roman (Unitas 6498), Nav. B-Chrono II DLC (ETA Valjoux 7750)(SOLD), Nav. B-Uhr II (Unitas 6497)(SOLD), Ocean One Vintage (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD), Ocean One Vintage Red (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD)

It's ceramic... unless you came into contact with a diamond like bumping into your girl's ring, it's unlikely to be a real scratch. As the poster above mentioned, unless you can feel an inward gouge, it's probably material from touching something else. Try scrubbing it off with a damp cloth. Do not use anything abrasive like Cape Cod unless you are very very careful and cover off the stainless steel edges, AR-coated crystal, and white enamel on the bezel.
    Titan II likes this.
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information