Half link for the new speedmaster professional - Page 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Half link for the new speedmaster professional

I've put half link from my 2264.50 to my 3570.50 speedy bracelet. It's a perfect match.

Edit: just noticed it's a newer model of bracelet in question.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jopex; June 16th, 2015 at 21:09.
    Cheers,
    Josip

It is interesting to me that they have the titanium half link for the X-33 bracelet which also has the spring bar adjustment.

Curious why one watch gets it but the other with a much larger user base does not. The SS half link would fit the professional and the 9300 Speedmasters.

I measured the link size and clasp adjustment hole distance.
    One link adds 8.6 mm in bracelet length while the adjustment holes are 2.9mm apart.
    Therefore, I guess I am lucky that my wrist size works with my speedy without a half link.

If OP needs +4 mm to the current bracelet, adding a full link and moving the clasp hole to subtract 2.9mm would yield 8.6-2.9 = +5.7mm. That would be 1.7mm looser than ideal.

If OP needs -4mm, moving the clasp attachment in would subtract only 2.9mm, which would be 1.1mm too loose.

Having a half link would allow a lot more precise adjustments. But is the half link really 4.3 mm in length?
    Last edited by edhchoe; June 17th, 2015 at 07:21.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

@edhchoe
    Usually half links are more like 60-66% of the full link length. If I remember correctly the old 1998 band had links of 7mm, while the half links from the Seamaster Pros that many people used were 4.5-5mm.

Quote Originally Posted by jopex View Post
    I've put half link from my 2264.50 to my 3570.50 speedy bracelet. It's a perfect match.

Edit: just noticed it's a newer model of bracelet in question.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi Jopex, sorry for the confusion, but can you please clarify if your 3570.50 bracelet is the 1957/958? Thanks!

Has anyone else tried the half-link posted by AlexMachine on the 1957/958 bracelet?

If friction pin works, even if the thickness isn't exactly the same, I wouldn't mind having it on the 12:00 side because it would be covered by the clasp. I really need a half-link even if it isn't 100% matching, because after 5-10 minutes of wearing I noticed it's even too tight for cool temperature, so now I cannot use my bracelet at all.

Half link for the new speedmaster professional

I was having same issue. If I took a link off, too tight. If I added a link, too loose. I've had my speedy pro for about three months and avoided wearing it on the bracelet. Been wearing it on a Di-Modell Rallye for the time. After searching ebay for a half link I found one for $29 shipped. Then I found this thread and didn't realize the speedy pro bracelet had a micro adjustment. Not much of one, just one extra hole.
    I'm sure glad did a search on this forum. I added a link and added just to the inner micro adjustment hole. Perfect fit! And if you are OCD like me, the clasp is perfectly centered on my wrist now.
    Last edited by omegagmt; June 25th, 2015 at 17:43.
    file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/michael's/watcheswanted/seikos%20wish%20list/alba.gif

Does yours have the 1957/958 bracelet (ie the one with micro-screws for each link)? Ofrei's web site states Omega doesn't make a half link for this bracelet, so if you did find one I'd love to know where to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by omegagmt View Post
    I was having same issue. If I took a link off, too tight. If I added a link, too loose. I've had my speedy pro for about three months and avoided wearing it on the bracelet. Been wearing it on a Di-Modell Rallye for the time. After searching ebay for a half link I found one for $29 shipped. Then I found this thread and didn't realize the speedy pro bracelet had a micro adjustment. Not much of one, just one extra hole.
    I'm sure glad did a search on this forum. I added a link and added just to the inner micro adjustment hole. Perfect fit! And if you are OCD like me, the clasp is perfectly centered on my wrist now.

Half link for the new speedmaster professional

Quote Originally Posted by tmathes View Post
    Does yours have the 1957/958 bracelet (ie the one with micro-screws for each link)? Ofrei's web site states Omega doesn't make a half link for this bracelet, so if you did find one I'd love to know where to buy it.
    No it's the 1998/849.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by omegagmt; June 25th, 2015 at 18:45.
    file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/michael's/watcheswanted/seikos%20wish%20list/alba.gif

Quote Originally Posted by omegagmt View Post
    No it's the 1998/849.

OP was looking for a half link for the new bracelet with screws. I don't think posting responses about another kind of bracelet helps the OP's cause.

Quote Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
    OP was looking for a half link for the new bracelet with screws. I don't think posting responses about another kind of bracelet helps the OP's cause.
    Sorry guys. Read about this in another thread and thought it was the one about the micro adjustment on my model.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information